Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #151
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MAres "Nonito Turned Down the Fight!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Dude...you don't know shit from shinola about boxing contracts and/or their respective validity, so your "refute my points" argument is lip service as you don't know anymore about it than I do. If there are major holes in the contract, the contract language, and/or the respective terms...there are people who are far more educated on such matters and will point them out. That being said, you still haven't addressed what the **** you're trying to prove, or what your interest is in taking the position you have. You are essentially defending Donaire/his team not fighting the best in the division, based on a rudimentary (at best) understanding of a contract that has been requested and in turn presented to Top Rank execs.
I'm simply tired of a bunch of **** wits never taking a closer look at things. I'm simply pointing out the other side to people that can only say things like"**** arum I hope he dies". Pointless cuz they are brainless oafs but it is good practice to picking apart simpletons.
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #152
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
i don't know if this is part of the usual contract or not, but the way i read it is, this opens the door for gbp to cancel the bout for whatever reason and they have no obligation to pay donaire.
Ok, but if you don't know if it's part of usual contracts why bring it up at all? Just to throw out any possible reason to say it's not a good deal? Just seems like you're reaching, and given your post history on TR/GBP fueds it fits right in with an 'agenda'... So you can see why people are questioning you on it. And why the hell would they cancel it? What would they gain? Keep Donaire idle, when he's not a threat to any of their fighters anyways?
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #153
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
What makes it look like your original point holds? Your own opinion on the matter? How did you come to the conclusion GBP did it because the Rigo fight was close, when they've been seeking it out for a while now?
Timing is everything.
Quote:
You didn't respond to the last part of my post..
So if they didn't show it, TR would say it didn't exist and you'd believe it. Now that they do show it, you and TR will claim it's a breach of confidentiality and that's why it's no fight... Do you not see this as a way for TR to get out of the fight but still try to blame GBP?
I'd maintain that showing it was a breach and an obvious show of disregard for the negotiating process. Remember there were negotiations. Mares was offered $1mill. How does GBP 'gracefully' turn down that amount for Mares. I think we just saw. Not so graceful but good publicity.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #154
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
i don't know if this is part of the usual contract or not, but the way i read it is, this opens the door for gbp to cancel the bout for whatever reason and they have no obligation to pay donaire.
That was certainly Donaire's take and Dunkin was waiting for TR's assessment of the contract. This probably means this came from TR.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #155
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

Quote:
Ok, but if you don't know if it's part of usual contracts why bring it up at all? Just to throw out any possible reason to say it's not a good deal? Just seems like you're reaching, and given your post history on TR/GBP fueds it fits right in with an 'agenda'... So you can see why people are questioning you on it.
nonito made a point of that on his tweet.

Quote:
Nonito Donaire Jr. ‏@filipinoflash
ALL it said was Donaire for $3mil. No site, no date, no rounds, no liability for GBP if they pull out. What kind of contract was that?!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
dodong is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #156
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Timing is everything.
I'd maintain that showing it was a breach and an obvious show of disregard for the negotiating process. Remember there were negotiations. Mares was offered $1mill. How does GBP 'gracefully' turn down that amount for Mares. I think we just saw. Not so graceful but good publicity.
The did not put this up until after Nonito said they didn't receive any contract, how is that convenient timing? If he didn't say they didn't receive it, GBP would have no reason to put it on there and we'd most likely not be having this conversation. In fact it said "Donaire stating that this is not a contract is wrong. If he does not want to fight Mares then just say it, if Arum does not want to work with Golden Boy then just say it, if Donaire is not his own boss and can not fight who he wants then just say it. But they should stop making excuses,".

How can you negotiate with someone acting like you don't exist? They sent a contract, TR acts like they didn't. What the hell are they supposed to do in that situation? You are too much!
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #157
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
I'm simply tired of a bunch of **** wits never taking a closer look at things. I'm simply pointing out the other side to people that can only say things like"**** arum I hope he dies". Pointless cuz they are brainless oafs but it is good practice to picking apart simpletons.
**** Arum I hope he dies and stops paying you
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #158
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
nonito made a point of that on his tweet.
Again, what would they gain from this? Why do you think they'd cancel the fight? Do they have a lot of history doing this? And I've still not seen anyone state it's not part of normal contracts....
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #159
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Talking about not seeing any wrong in their idols.

Hermit and Dodong, hang your heads in shame.
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #160
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
The did not put this up until after Nonito said they didn't receive any contract, how is that convenient timing? If he didn't say they didn't receive it, GBP would have no reason to put it on there and we'd most likely not be having this conversation. In fact it said "Donaire stating that this is not a contract is wrong. If he does not want to fight Mares then just say it, if Arum does not want to work with Golden Boy then just say it, if Donaire is not his own boss and can not fight who he wants then just say it. But they should stop making excuses,".

How can you negotiate with someone acting like you don't exist? They sent a contract, TR acts like they didn't. What the hell are they supposed to do in that situation? You are too much!
A contract that cannot be signed is no contract. Nontio tweeted the reasons it cannot be signed. Schaefer already said the fight wouldn't take place until the months Nonito said he is taking off. You are free to consider this a serious offer. I am free to not consider it a serious offer. I guess that pretty much ends it. I see it as a publicity stunt on GBP's part and little more. Nobody believes this fight is worth $3 mill for Donaire, let alone the $5 mill it was supposedly bumped too. Mares turned down $1mill from TR. That puts the purses alone for the fight over $6 million. You really believe the fight will pay the purses let alone the other expenses. Serious question.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #161
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

Quote:
Again, what would they gain from this? Why do you think they'd cancel the fight? Do they have a lot of history doing this? And I've still not seen anyone state it's not part of normal contracts....
gbp appears to be overpaying for this fight, if it appears that they're going to lose a lot of money on it, gbp could simply walk away without any obligations.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #162
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
**** Arum I hope he dies and stops paying you
I hope you get a brain. Since Arum doesn't pay me we are both out of luck I guess.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #163
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

Quote:
That was certainly Donaire's take and Dunkin was waiting for TR's assessment of the contract. This probably means this came from TR.
that's also how i understand part 10 Postponement: Right of Termination to mean.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #164
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
A contract that cannot be signed is no contract. Nontio tweeted the reasons it cannot be signed. Schaefer already said the fight wouldn't take place until the months Nonito said he is taking off. You are free to consider this a serious offer. I am free to not consider it a serious offer. I guess that pretty much ends it. I see it as a publicity stunt on GBP's part and little more. Nobody believes this fight is worth $3 mill for Donaire, let alone the $5 mill it was supposedly bumped too. Mares turned down $1mill from TR. That puts the purses alone for the fight over $6 million. You really believe the fight will pay the purses let alone the other expenses. Serious question.
I cant believe the bullshit I'm reading!

but you kiss up to the snake Arum and believe his bullshit dont you??? You're turning into the laughing stock on ESB on how you dick ride Arum...Give it a break already!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #165
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
that's also how i understand part 10 Postponement: Right of Termination to mean.
Throw in the indemnity clause and GBP walks anytime they want. Over $6 million in purse? These guys believe it too.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum