Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default What's next for Geale ?

Unfortunately i think he is going to have to fullfill his mandatory next, probably around May. No coincidence that Sturm pencilled in this fight with Soliman the same week as Geale-Mundine, he is convinced that he will win and wants to give Geale no room for manouver. Macklin has been very vocal on twitter today, wants to fight Geale badly. That would be a perfect fight for Shaw to introduce Geale to the americans. A fight that HBO would be all over im sure..if they can get an extension on the mandatory im positive you will see Geale-Macklin next. Geale sounded very genuine and honest when he said he wants to fight in the states next in his post fight interview.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: What's next for Geale ?

whoever fights geale better realise how match fit he is. that includes ggg. inactivity can ruin some. activity makes others great.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
whoever fights geale better realise how match fit he is. that includes ggg. inactivity can ruin some. activity makes others great.
I wont be drawn into Golovkin-Geale just yet but like i've said for the past while, GGG is all wrong for Geale, and most middleweights actually, he is a terrible *******..bad man with serious ring IQ. Macklin would be an all action fight with Geale, i think Geale does him, little bit more variety. Harold Lederman, HBO unoffical judge tweeted today " Geale virtually shuts out Mundine. Good for Geale, good for Gary Shaw. Now lets see Geale-Golovkin real soon while the excitment is still there ". Couldn't agree more.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
I wont be drawn into Golovkin-Geale just yet but like i've said for the past while, GGG is all wrong for Geale, and most middleweights actually, he is a terrible *******..bad man with serious ring IQ. Macklin would be an all action fight with Geale, i think Geale does him, little bit more variety. Harold Lederman, HBO unoffical judge tweeted today " Geale virtually shuts out Mundine. Good for Geale, good for Gary Shaw. Now lets see Geale-Golovkin real soon while the excitment is still there ". Couldn't agree more.
i havent studdies ggg that much. i have watched a bit of footage, and a glance at his record.

others say he has fed on a diet of light middles, and hasnt many scalps to back such a 'legend'.....?

does geales record look better?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Fight GGG next , Geale fights at a frantic pace and throws his punches at weird times and from all angles and I see how this could be a trouble for GGG early in his pro career , if Geale fight him any later than in a years time GGG will probably be another three fights down the road with another three pro fights worth of experience behind him .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Fight GGG next , Geale fights at a frantic pace and throws his punches at weird times and from all angles and I see how this could be a trouble for GGG early in his pro career , if Geale fight him any later than in a years time GGG will probably be another three fights down the road with another three pro fights worth of experience behind him .
i agree. ASAP. geale has the match fitness, and world champ rounds under his belt against quality opposition. use that NOW rather than later.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
i agree. ASAP. geale has the match fitness, and world champ rounds under his belt against quality opposition. use that NOW rather than later.
Serious Sal it's gotta be now and I reckon everyone around him as well as he himself realises its their best option .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Kid choc fights in a few days and so it will be interesting what HBO says..
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

I gotta be quick here, I'll be out for the day, but I think Geale put on a supreme effort last night.

He made Mandy look pretty silly, and IMO won every round. I think there might have been a small case for 2 rounds which were close, but that's being generous to Mandy.

As I've said all along, Geale has the ability to be the top man at MW, and as I've also said, he'll steamroll GGG. GGG is way to slow, and will be made to look rather daft and overrated.

I think ***y is a much harder challenge, but one which I also think he can conquer. That will be a genuine close fight.

Go the Real Deal.

See ya a bit later lads.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum