Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #46
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Scratching my head as to which round he won myself Duke , I thought round four was the closest Mundine came to winning a round but even during that round I remember feeling Geale shaded it , No my original 120-108 score card is correct IMO , how Choc could even entertain the thought he got robbed is way beyond me , congratulations Danny Geale and don't forget to puff that chest out in the morning son ( that will be two days in a row you have taken someone to SCHOOL)
Same as my view of the fight
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #47
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
What ****ing rounds did Mundine win lol

There's a strong case for rds 1 and 7 plus maybe 10 or 11 if i can remember.

No more than 3rds but to say Geale won every rd would be generous towards Geale and like saying Mundine won 4 rds in total.

Personally i had it 118 - 110
LeBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #48
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
There's a strong case for rds 1 and 7 plus maybe 10 or 11 if i can remember.

No more than 3rds but to say Geale won every rd would be generous towards Geale and like saying Mundine won 4 rds in total.

Personally i had it 118 - 110
There is no way in hell round 1 was anything less than a Geale round.

I think 7 was the only round you could consider and that alone was a long shot.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #49
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
There's a strong case for rds 1 and 7 plus maybe 10 or 11 if i can remember.

No more than 3rds but to say Geale won every rd would be generous towards Geale and like saying Mundine won 4 rds in total.

Personally i had it 118 - 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
There is no way in hell round 1 was anything less than a Geale round.

I think 7 was the only round you could consider and that alone was a long shot.
Have to agree with the stiff one
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #50
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

I said there's a strong case for rds 1 and 7.... i didn't say it was a done deal. Personally i gave them to Mundine but can see maybe a 10-10 for the 1st rd as well.

Anyone that scored the fight 120-108 is being a little harsh and no doubt a non Mundine fan.

2 judges had Mundine winning 3rds and 1 judge 4rds. Again i only gave him 2rds
LeBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #51
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
I said there's a strong case for rds 1 and 7.... i didn't say it was a done deal. Personally i gave them to Mundine but can see maybe a 10-10 for the 1st rd as well.

Anyone that scored the fight 120-108 is being a little harsh and no doubt a non Mundine fan.

2 judges had Mundine winning 3rds and 1 judge 4rds. Again i only gave him 2rds
A strong case is not far off a done deal

IB has it a shut out and his a solid non bias judge of fights. Nearly everyone on the RBR thread had it a shut out or close to. Kegsy also scored a shut out and that man's as honest as it gets

I gave choc 1 round and I think the second round even as i was trying to be as unbias as possible, that alone was hard in itself as a self professed nuthugger

But each to their own
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #52
Steel Kelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

This was a clear cut win for Geale and if anything the judges were more than generous to Mundine. Mundine is a nutjob.
Steel Kelly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #53
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
There is no way in hell round 1 was anything less than a Geale round.

I think 7 was the only round you could consider and that alone was a long shot.
Well said.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #54
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

I did not see the fight but saw 12 min of highlight & of what i saw geale threw lots but did not land many i thought pro boxing was about effective agression the mundine jab was stuck in geales face all night. mundines face barely had a mark on it. i was tuned into the round by round commentary last night on here & i have to say who ever was saying mundine was getting schooled should not have anything to do with boxing. some idiot said it was a shut out god i seen 12 min & it was clear it was a very close fight. in saying that good on geale for getting the nod & i hope he heads overseas & gets a really good opponent govolkin would be a good fight or martinez if i were daniel i would go after the green belt martinez big payday there. so i hope i dont offend to many people on here when i say most of you cant score a fight to save your self & maybe a bit racist i think thats what effected your judging & as for mundine walking out of the ring straight away did'nt geale do that in there first fight. cheers guys
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #55
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
I did not see the fight but saw 12 min of highlight & of what i saw geale threw lots but did not land many i thought pro boxing was about effective agression the mundine jab was stuck in geales face all night. mundines face barely had a mark on it. i was tuned into the round by round commentary last night on here & i have to say who ever was saying mundine was getting schooled should not have anything to do with boxing. some idiot said it was a shut out god i seen 12 min & it was clear it was a very close fight. in saying that good on geale for getting the nod & i hope he heads overseas & gets a really good opponent govolkin would be a good fight or martinez if i were daniel i would go after the green belt martinez big payday there. so i hope i dont offend to many people on here when i say most of you cant score a fight to save your self & maybe a bit racist i think thats what effected your judging & as for mundine walking out of the ring straight away did'nt geale do that in there first fight. cheers guys
You watched 12 minutes of higlights and you think it was a close fight?

Racist? What the **** are you on about. He was beaten clear as day.

. Go to the round by round in the general where most international pundits scored it a shutout. Mundine threw very little and his head was snapping back every round due to Geale's punches LANDING - he was dominated and that's that.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Giantcan
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Was it racist cos the whiter Aboriginal won?
Giantcan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #57
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
I did not see the fight...
So what the **** are you doing talking about it dumbarse?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #58
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
I did not see the fight but saw 12 min of highlight
Ok bro. 12 mins of a 36 minute fight and you know it all.

Carry on
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #59
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

120-112 to geale for mine. I couldn't give Anthony a round (there were a few 10-10s) which I guess could have gone the other way. 118-112 being generous.
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #60
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 0
Default Re: And still IBF world champion - Geale defeats Mundine via UD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
120-108 was if you were totally in favour of geale...
mundine won 2-3 rounds in there.. but thats about it
The 1st maybe and the 8th or somewhere around there that's it. Even that is debatable IMO.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013