Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Anthony Mundine Vs Choc

whe have all heard good stories about anthony mundine and the charity work he does and the money he donates from his own pocket and he dosnt recieve big endorsements but he gives alot back to the indigenous and general community....

but dont make him angry.....

than get him in front of any form of media, tv, radio, newspaper

and he becomes "CHOC" he will bad mouth you , your mum , your country all races and even his own race , he does this to generate hate which brings him $$$$$......

but maybe people need to see more of anthony mundine and less of choc
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anthony Mundine Vs Choc

I was speaking to some nurses yesterday and they were telling me through their work they have become aware just how much he does for the community and how he doesn't recieve any publicity or recognition for it, One was telling me she couldn't stand him until she became aware of how much he actually does.

But you are right, The general public can only go off what he puts out there
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
vCash: 1000

It's abit late for people to get to know the real Mundine.

Those who meet/have spent/spend time around him in person know the rubbish he sputs off it a 'persona', but it looks lately to have run away with him.

Its a shame, especially when high-profile people who 'act' nice are arseholes in private, Choc has bizarely shot himself in the foot by acting the opposite.

At first, it made sense by creating intersit, but something like Tyson and his run-a-way persona, it became largely redunant.

Mundine 'needs' publicity like a moose needs a hat-rack, but he doesn't seem to appreciate that.

Greame Cornes is right, Mundine is largely (80-90% imo) a pariah in his own nation, and he has no-one to blame but his own half-baked ideas for gaining noteriety/publicity.

Its a real shame when you meet him and see what a polite and considerate young man he is, and then read the latest rot he has come out with. But he's amde his bed, now he has to lie in it.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

He's not the only person out there doing good deeds for the less fortunate members of our community, and you don't hear them carrying on like dickheads whenever a microphone's in front of them.

Nor do you hear people say "Oh but so-and-so does so much work for the community and doesn't receive any publicity or recognition for it" because most people who help others do it quietly and don't seek recognition or kudos for doing it.

I'm not saying Mundine is expecting recognition for what he does but the only reason people say this is because he carries on like such a dickhead and they feel they have to defend him by mentioning his charity work.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
I was speaking to some nurses yesterday and they were telling me through their work they have become aware just how much he does for the community and how he doesn't recieve any publicity or recognition for it, One was telling me she couldn't stand him until she became aware of how much he actually does.

But you are right, The general public can only go off what he puts out there
i think all aussies have had enough of his "image" and if he just be's himself it will give him the chance to rebuild his career .. and get endorsements ... aussies love fairytail finishes .....they keep swallowing that danny green crap..no reason mundine cant do they same
Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
It's abit late for people to get to know the real Mundine.

Those who meet/have spent/spend time around him in person know the rubbish he sputs off it a 'persona', but it looks lately to have run away with him.

Its a shame, especially when high-profile people who 'act' nice are arseholes in private, Choc has bizarely shot himself in the foot by acting the opposite.

At first, it made sense by creating intersit, but something like Tyson and his run-a-way persona, it became largely redunant.

Mundine 'needs' publicity like a moose needs a hat-rack, but he doesn't seem to appreciate that.

Greame Cornes is right, Mundine is largely (80-90% imo) a pariah in his own nation, and he has no-one to blame but his own half-baked ideas for gaining noteriety/publicity.

Its a real shame when you meet him and see what a polite and considerate young man he is, and then read the latest rot he has come out with. But he's amde his bed, now he has to lie in it.
good point...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Here's a young lady who does a lot of hard work for the Aboriginal community - Tania Major. You ever heard of her? Probably not, and she's no doubt quite happy with that - she doesn't crave the spotlight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

However, I don't buy this apparently "schizophrenic" Mundine, who's a saint away from the cameras and a sinner in front of them - someone who's displayed the ego and need for attention that his "Choc" character has doesn't completely switch off away from the public eye unless they truly are schizophrenic.

He's also not intelligent enough to be able to fool the Australian public and his act has slipped on occasion over the years to reveal a man who desperately wants to be accepted and liked by his countrymen but has too much paranoia in his head about race to come down off his high horse to do so.

The fact that in recent years he keeps feeling the need to tell us he's really a nice guy whilst in the midst of his hate-filled (character?) rants suggests he's very confused.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Here's a young lady who does a lot of hard work for the Aboriginal community - Tania Major. You ever heard of her? Probably not, and she's no doubt quite happy with that - she doesn't crave the spotlight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

However, I don't buy this apparently "schizophrenic" Mundine, who's a saint away from the cameras and a sinner in front of them - someone who's displayed the ego and need for attention that his "Choc" character has doesn't completely switch off away from the public eye unless they truly are schizophrenic.

He's also not intelligent enough to be able to fool the Australian public and his act has slipped on occasion over the years to reveal a man who desperately wants to be accepted and liked by his countrymen but has too much paranoia in his head about race to come down off his high horse to do so.

The fact that in recent years he keeps feeling the need to tell us he's really a nice guy whilst in the midst of his hate-filled (character?) rants suggests he's very confused.

I think the ugliness that goes along with his competitiveness is real... When it comes to something competetive I don't think its an act at all.
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think the ugliness that goes along with his competitiveness is real... When it comes to something competetive I don't think its an act at all.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Good point, I agree - and that competitive spirit is what got him to the top in rugby league and near the top in boxing, but it's just a shame his insecurity and lack of heart leading to his need for attention and glory got in the way of it - who knows how far he may have gone in both sports if he'd had a different attitude?

I think his father has a lot to do with his state of mind - I imagine growing up his head was filled with a lot of extreme notions - while delivered with good intentions (see the example where his father drove him around the streets of Kings Cross showing him what alcohol can do to people), they may have had a much greater effect on him than simply living a clean life.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Good point, I agree - and that competitive spirit is what got him to the top in rugby league and near the top in boxing, but it's just a shame his insecurity and lack of heart leading to his need for attention and glory got in the way of it - who knows how far he may have gone in both sports if he'd had a different attitude?

I think his father has a lot to do with his state of mind - I imagine growing up his head was filled with a lot of extreme notions - while delivered with good intentions (see the example where his father drove him around the streets of Kings Cross showing him what alcohol can do to people), they may have had a much greater effect on him than simply living a clean life.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

Very close to the money Brua, His father was chewed up and spat out by
the sport just like hundreds before him. Tony walked away with all but the arse out of his pants. Anthony from day one was determined that was not going to happen to him. I really think deep down Choc could'nt give 2 ****s what the general public thinks of him. He has'nt got a chip on his shoulder it's more like a forest, and i can't see him changeing any time soon. What ever anyone thinks he has set himself and his family up for life
out of boxing in australia, I can count on one hand the other aussie boxers who achieved that.
zoley is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Strongly agree.
Quote:
And again.
Quote:
You're bang on Brua.

I think he's taken the 'choc' personality way too far, and the reason for that is he believes in that side of himself to a large extent.

He's also now a point of no return IMO, he's done a lot of silly thing sin the media over the years, yet still some people were warming to him recently, including myself.

The fiasco over the last few weeks though has pretty much buried him I think.
He'll find it very difficult to dig himself out of this, if he cares to anyhow.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #14
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

just what we need....another mundine thread......FAAAAARK
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i spose the big question is ... what type of mundine will we see when he comes back from the loss to daniel geale ? and the path he takes ?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum