Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Default the problem geale faces

he's batshit boring to watch.

yanks wont warm to him at all
CapsLock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Really...he put on a display last night....loved the show boating between rounds....that sells!!
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Geale has a belt & bouts with Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez Jr. & Quillin would all be bought by HBO or Showtime.
Geale unfortunately would be the B side in all these cases, but they would all be interesting matchups stylistically.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Geale has a belt & bouts with Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez Jr. & Quillin would all be bought by HBO or Showtime.
Geale unfortunately would be the B side in all these cases, but they would all be interesting matchups stylistically.
yep. he makes more money overseas now that the choc ship has sailed. UNLESS....GGG fights mundine in oz, and calls out geale when choc is ko'd, with geale sitting ringside.

that would force a big fight that could be sold in australia. otherwise, its off to the states.

ironically, geale needs mundine still, to give himself a higher profile. that means beating a man like GGG who beats mundine more convincingly in oz...

fight GGG, win that, and geale fights all his big fights from home from then on.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

If Mundine is shot to shit as everybody is saying, that in hindsight you must think Geale was a little disappointing last night. It's clear as day he has no pop in his punchers to keep heavy hitters like GGG off him.

I have to agree that Geale is in the 2nd division of champs at middleweight.

He should feast on a few mandatories than be feed to Martinez for a mega pay day in the states.
LeBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
If Mundine is shot to shit as everybody is saying, that in hindsight you must think Geale was a little disappointing last night. It's clear as day he has no pop in his punchers to keep heavy hitters like GGG off him.

I have to agree that Geale is in the 2nd division of champs at middleweight.

He should feast on a few mandatories than be feed to Martinez for a mega pay day in the states.
i think both sides underestimated both fighters. im the first to admit mundine did better than i thought he had left. geale did what he said he would do. win.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
i think both sides underestimated both fighters. im the first to admit mundine did better than i thought he had left. geale did what he said he would do. win.
Exactly!
but mundine has slipped a bit, his fast hands are not as fast and just getting old.
pourya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
Exactly!
but mundine has slipped a bit, his fast hands are not as fast and just getting old.


And he won't be getting any faster or stronger. Mundine gets in the ring with a ko artist and he's gone
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Agree if Geale had any pop last night he could have closed the show

Martinez, GGG, Chavez & even Quillin could walk through his shots, although I do favour him over Quillin he could outbox him over 12
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Agree if Geale had any pop last night he could have closed the show

Martinez, GGG, Chavez & even Quillin could walk through his shots, although I do favour him over Quillin he could outbox him over 12
you cant say that.

sylvester, sturm, adama, albert, karmazin all couldnt. like ottke, his power must be under rated. you dont win world titles if your opponent doesnt respect your power. obviously his opponents have respected it. none of them walked through him.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Chavez Jnr would show no respect
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
he's batshit boring to watch.

yanks wont warm to him at all
I don't think so.
Geale looked sensational last night, angles, speed, ducking, weaving, the guy was on a buzz and didn't fade.

He put on a masterclass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Geale has a belt & bouts with Martinez, Golovkin, Chavez Jr. & Quillin would all be bought by HBO or Showtime.
Geale unfortunately would be the B side in all these cases, but they would all be interesting matchups stylistically.
Martinez is the only fight that's 50/50 in that lot, Geale can beat the rest.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Geale would outbox Chavez will ease..........he is so overrated its not funny.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 1166
Default Re: the problem geale faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
he's batshit boring to watch.

yanks wont warm to him at all
i think u r completely wrong.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013