Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
sgarcia805
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default AT the end of the Day, TR/Donaire

Turned down the fight, 3 Frickin Mill. For whatever reason. Now,,, do I believe Nonito or Mares would duck eachother,??? Fuk no there both top10 p4p who think no one can beat them. Turn down 3 Mill to make what, 1.5$$ against Rigo?? Seems like Arum just refuses to work wit GB. GB was obviouslly trying to make tha fight, I believe they sent a legit offer, but also did it to PROVE TR/ARUM will not work with GB what so ever.
sgarcia805 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: AT the end of the Day, TR/Donaire

Top Rank offered the #3 in the division $1 mill according to Schaefer. He turned it down. Top Rank then got the #2 for 750K. You bought the smoke screen. Good for you fool.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Kush
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

gbp could've offered 10 mil and Nonito would've asked for an apology. They scared
Kush is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarcia805 View Post
Turned down the fight, 3 Frickin Mill. For whatever reason. Now,,, do I believe Nonito or Mares would duck eachother,??? Fuk no there both top10 p4p who think no one can beat them. Turn down 3 Mill to make what, 1.5$$ against Rigo?? Seems like Arum just refuses to work wit GB. GB was obviouslly trying to make tha fight, I believe they sent a legit offer, but also did it to PROVE TR/ARUM will not work with GB what so ever.
A copy of the contract is over at the scene I am not an attorney but if you take the time to read that **** you will not be taking that offer either.
Everything is in Mares and GBPs favor

Even the subtle details such as the fight being billed as Golden Boy in association with Top Rank

that should be Top Rank in association with Golden Boy *Whos the champ? whos his promoter?*

also says that Nonito will walk to the ring last but be introduced first and Mares also gets to select the corner of his choice
*whos the champ whos the belt holder?*

also states that Nontio can not have any sponsorship logos on any of his gear Sorry but fighters make a little extra money like that and it doesnt just say on his back like the paste on tats fighters used to wear for a brief period of time.
they are talking anything sponsor related, lets not also forget TR is a logo that Nonito would not be allowed to have under that section of the contract.

take some time read that contract you dont have to be an attorney to realize that Nonito is not being treated like the Champion I could go on and on about this contract but I cant recall all of it but there is allot of shady **** in there.

The 3 Million dollar offer is set up to make it look like Nonito is scared read the contract and you will see why he was with in his right to reject that ****ty deal
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he's fighting rigo next who is more of a risk
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
gbp could've offered 10 mil and Nonito would've asked for an apology. They scared
Yep, any bogus amount is bogus.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 593

People don't know how contracts and promotional aspects work.

I'm no lawyer, I'm not in negotiations, but I don't pretend to be.

Are you? No? Then shut the **** up. I'd rather read threads about Mayweather vs. Pacquiao then thread after thread of various offers made between Donaire/Rigo/Mares. Wait for things to get signed then give your opinion. Everybody, and there's a lot of you, who have said that Donaire is ducking either of these two better eat crow and admit you're a dumbass if he signs vs. one of them next. (not to mention that if you don't hold every fighter to the standard of fighting one of the two best opponents available every time out, you're a big hypocrite)
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
A copy of the contract is over at the scene I am not an attorney but if you take the time to read that **** you will not be taking that offer either.

Even the subtle details such as the fight being billed as Golden Boy in association with Top Rank

that should be Top Rank in association with Golden Boy *Whos the champ? whos his promoter?*
Golden Boy would be the promoter. That's the entire point; Top Rank refuses to co-promote with them so the offer is to buy Donaire for one event promoted entirely by Golden Boy. Putting Top Rank's name anywhere on the banner is loads more generous than what would be normal in such an offer. The Golden Boy logo certainly wasn't displayed anywhere on the Lara-Martirosyan banner.

Quote:
also says that Nonito will walk to the ring last but be introduced first and Mares also gets to select the corner of his choice
This is honestly the least significant thing to get stressed out over as a boxing fan and would be the dumbest reason ever to categorically turn down a fight without a counter.
Quote:
also states that Nontio can not have any sponsorship logos on any of his gear Sorry but fighters make a little extra money like that and it doesnt just say on his back like the paste on tats fighters used to wear for a brief period of time.
they are talking anything sponsor related, lets not also forget TR is a logo that Nonito would not be allowed to have under that section of the contract.
Oh yes, the prominent Top Rank logo that is such a central part of Donaire's attire Again, this is perfectly understandable stipulation for a fight in which there is no co-promotion. Mares wouldn't be allowed to advertise Corona on a card Top Rank promotes with Tecate, Donaire wouldn't be allowed to advertise Tecate on a card Golden Boy promotes with Corona.
Quote:
take some time read that contract you dont have to be an attorney to realize that Nonito is not being treated like the Champion I could go on and on about this contract but I cant recall all of it but there is allot of shady **** in there.

The 3 Million dollar offer is set up to make it look like Nonito is scared read the contract and you will see why he was with in his right to reject that ****ty deal
There are things in the contract one can complain about, but certainly not any of those you've mentioned in your post.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #9
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Golden Boy would be the promoter. That's the entire point; Top Rank refuses to co-promote with them so the offer is to buy Donaire for one event promoted entirely by Golden Boy. Putting Top Rank's name anywhere on the banner is loads more generous than what would be normal in such an offer. The Golden Boy logo certainly wasn't displayed anywhere on the Lara-Martirosyan banner.

This is honestly the least significant thing to get stressed out over as a boxing fan and would be the dumbest reason ever to categorically turn down a fight without a counter.
Oh yes, the prominent Top Rank logo that is such a central part of Donaire's attire Again, this is perfectly understandable stipulation for a fight in which there is no co-promotion. Mares wouldn't be allowed to advertise Corona on a card Top Rank promotes with Tecate, Donaire wouldn't be allowed to advertise Tecate on a card Golden Boy promotes with Corona.
There are things in the contract one can complain about, but certainly not any of those you've mentioned in your post.
is that you frank espinoza?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
SOUTHERMOST
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

You are playing the devil's advocate this contract was the first step lets the attorney iron out the details you don't refuse a good offer when the 2 combatants are willing to fight.
SOUTHERMOST is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERMOST View Post
You are playing the devil's advocate this contract was the first step lets the attorney iron out the details you don't refuse a good offer when the 2 combatants are willing to fight.
That is entirely the point. Nonito is the champ. He made an offer for the #3 in the division who turned down $1mill. They ended up getting the #2 for $750K. GBP was caught with egg on their face and went into full damage control.

Bottom line is the TV issue I think. HBO put Nonito on 4 times and helped make him fighter of the year? Why. Probably to spite Show and their tourney. Show can't go full in on boxing because they don't have the deep pockets that HBO has. They bet on and invested in the division with their tourney. Mares won the tourney. That was supposed crown the champ of the division. Didn't happen that way. Nonito is the recognized champ. GBP is in bed with Show. We know this. They won't let the actual championship fight go to HBO after they invested in the tourney.

Arum won't budge off of HBO.
Schaefer won't budge off of Show.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERMOST View Post
the attorney ironing out the details means you have a problem with the details of the initial offer, means also the same way as refusing the contract
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
the attorney ironing out the details means you have a problem with the details of the initial offer, means also the same way as refusing the contract
Arum states the lawyers are working on it. It just won't be for the April date. GBP turned it down already and Rigo has a contract that just needs to be signed.

Now here is an interesting point to consider. Nonito/Rigo. #1/#2 in the division. The winner of this fight should be MORE valuable after it is contested. I haven't seen the source but people say Oscar personally bumped the amount to $5 mill. What will he offer the winner of this bout?

Edit for breaking news. Since Mares turned down $1 mill to face Donaire he is being ordered by Hose Sillyman to fight Victor Terrazas. You think he will pull in a quarter mill for this fight?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
That is entirely the point. Nonito is the champ. He made an offer for the #3 in the division who turned down $1mill. They ended up getting the #2 for $750K. GBP was caught with egg on their face and went into full damage control.

Bottom line is the TV issue I think. HBO put Nonito on 4 times and helped make him fighter of the year? Why. Probably to spite Show and their tourney. Show can't go full in on boxing because they don't have the deep pockets that HBO has. They bet on and invested in the division with their tourney. Mares won the tourney. That was supposed crown the champ of the division. Didn't happen that way. Nonito is the recognized champ. GBP is in bed with Show. We know this. They won't let the actual championship fight go to HBO after they invested in the tourney.

Arum won't budge off of HBO.
Schaefer won't budge off of Show.
Excellent speculation on the TV situation. I bet the guy who organized the Showtime tournament for the network that now runs HBO Sports has a vendetta against them for airing that tournament. And Golden Boy definitely has problems putting fighters like Broner and Hopkins on HBO these days as well.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1448

Quote:

come on Bazooka, the event is GBP in association with Top Rank because Golden Boy is doing all the promoting. Arum is being payed to step aside.
and in the contract, they said Donaire would come out second and his name would be first on all the posters. So it's not all in Mares's favor.

If Nonito has any problems with the particulars, then he should just work things out and send a counter offer.
Ripper11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum