Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Give Credit Where its due !

Geale won the fight - no robbery involved,Mundine fought well,copped some shots (showed his chin is upto it still),still had the speed with the jab and chopping right,But mate Geale was awesome and to be honest it looked like he was still in 2nd gear doing so.I think 118-112 is a pretty accurate score IMO. He has talked bout going to the states since winning the title,nows the time !

Daniel Amman,good fight a suprising win,copped some bombs and stuck to the game plan of working the body which ultimately won him the fight,great win and great experience for a good prospect in Aloua.

Pittman - showed he has good movement and Awad just wasn't able to fight him,Good solid comeback win.

Brunker - 25-0 I think? champ time to step up,enough of the Mexicans,argentians,Indos,or fading former contenders.Step Up

Tilyard-if he had a brain,a 10yr old Am can beat Kimbo,take a step back,work the jab(kimbo was open for allday,and pop the straight right down the pipe) that was a hook fight,nothing but hook bombs,great chin and power though
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Give Credit Where its due !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
Geale won the fight - no robbery involved,Mundine fought well,copped some shots (showed his chin is upto it still),still had the speed with the jab and chopping right,But mate Geale was awesome and to be honest it looked like he was still in 2nd gear doing so.I think 118-112 is a pretty accurate score IMO. He has talked bout going to the states since winning the title,nows the time !

Daniel Amman,good fight a suprising win,copped some bombs and stuck to the game plan of working the body which ultimately won him the fight,great win and great experience for a good prospect in Aloua.

Pittman - showed he has good movement and Awad just wasn't able to fight him,Good solid comeback win.

Brunker - 25-0 I think? champ time to step up,enough of the Mexicans,argentians,Indos,or fading former contenders.Step Up

Tilyard-if he had a brain,a 10yr old Am can beat Kimbo,take a step back,work the jab(kimbo was open for allday,and pop the straight right down the pipe) that was a hook fight,nothing but hook bombs,great chin and power though
Agreed!
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Good on you Shooter...........I know you were a mandy fan but you have given credit where credit is due........well done mate.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Good on you Shooter...........I know you were a mandy fan but you have given credit where credit is due........well done mate.
Fair is fair mate..
Congrats to Soliman also I thought Sturm had no chance in hell of losing twice in Germany but Sam pulled it off,hopefully he can finally get a shot at the IBF middleweight title,hes been ranked in their top 15 for a decade now
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Fair is fair mate..
Congrats to Soliman also I thought Sturm had no chance in hell of losing twice in Germany but Sam pulled it off,hopefully he can finally get a shot at the IBF middleweight title,hes been ranked in their top 15 for a decade now
But don't you hate Soliman
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
OSKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Fair is fair mate..
I hate the stuff you say about him but at least you give him some credit this time...
OSKA is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
But don't you hate Soliman
Think your getting your wires mixed...I hate the way people portray him when they don't know the real Sammy which is a shame,he aint the 'nicest guy in the world' as most say,kinda like Hamdan,some say hes a humble great bloke etc,others know different, that's just facts - also that has nothing to do with him deserving a shot at a title in which he has been ranked for a very long time(see my previous posts on him and ull see same response)Iv never bagged his career,he has done well and I applaud his career,him as a person -now thats 2 different things mate
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKA View Post
I hate the stuff you say about him but at least you give him some credit this time...
Iv never SAID anything,Iv said he aint this or that,iv been around him,trained with,travelled with,been good friends with etc etc so I can judge.how ever I never SAID anything he has done,Just hinted he aint the best bloke out there like use all say.Pretty simple really
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Think your getting your wires mixed...I hate the way people portray him when they don't know the real Sammy which is a shame,he aint the 'nicest guy in the world' as most say,kinda like Hamdan,some say hes a humble great bloke etc,others know different, that's just facts - also that has nothing to do with him deserving a shot at a title in which he has been ranked for a very long time(see my previous posts on him and ull see same response)Iv never bagged his career,he has done well and I applaud his career,him as a person -now thats 2 different things mate
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #10
OSKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Iv never SAID anything,Iv said he aint this or that,iv been around him,trained with,travelled with,been good friends with etc etc so I can judge.how ever I never SAID anything he has done,Just hinted he aint the best bloke out there like use all say.Pretty simple really
Fair enough...you have your views.....I have mine.
We ain't all angels like your good self.
I've known the guy for over 20 years so I can clearly say that he's a nice guy and a bloody good mate.
OSKA is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKA View Post
Fair enough...you have your views.....I have mine.
We ain't all angels like your good self.
I've known the guy for over 20 years so I can clearly say that he's a nice guy and a bloody good mate.
horses for courses
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
OSKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
horses for courses
OSKA is offline  Top