What do you guys think
HeavyweightCP is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Re: Adrien broner vs ricky burns

People hate Burns for no reason and act like he sucks but Burns is a big lightweight(obvious he couldn't make 130 anymore) who can box, is tough and doesn't mind taking a few punches if he has to. He's tall and rangey and has some pop regardless of how his record looks. I can't wait ti see this fight if Burns gets by Vazquez which I think he will.

I'll wait for the Vazquez to make a prediction but i think Ricky will not shame himself win or lose.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Think Broner but would be surprised if it was half as easy as many on here think it would be.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
People hate Burns for no reason and act like he sucks but Burns is a big lightweight(obvious he couldn't make 130 anymore) who can box, is tough and doesn't mind taking a few punches if he has to. He's tall and rangey and has some pop regardless of how his record looks. I can't wait ti see this fight if Burns gets by Vazquez which I think he will.

I'll wait for the Vazquez to make a prediction but i think Ricky will not shame himself win or lose.

Exactly this, will wait till after Broner/Rees and Burns/Vasquez

the Rickster deserves more respect though, getting some undeserved hate just because Broner is his current nemesis, one of the most down to earth guys in Boxing but also one of the most professional.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 976

We should have seen this fight at 130. But now both fighters are at a comfortable weight, so it should be good.
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Nobody gives a **** about this fight. Nobody in hell wants to see Vasquez ever fight again, and who the **** is Ricky Burns?

The good fights are at 140. Nobody wants to see a great tallent like Broner crush cans.

He's going to destroy Rees in probably 2 or 3 rounds tops.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
LowBlowKO
Journeyman

I like Burns but the Scot knows he'd be forced to take a beating like he was given by Carl Johanneson. Broner is a special talent and Burns has now taken a different option twice, mentally Broner already has him beat.
LowBlowKO is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBlowKO View Post
I like Burns but the Scot knows he'd be forced to take a beating like he was given by Carl Johanneson. Broner is a special talent and Burns has now taken a different option twice, mentally Broner already has him beat.
Can you explain what you mean by "taken a different option twice" please?

I suspect I know what you're going to say but I thought it was only clueless trolls who say he should've fought at a weight he couldn't make or he should've taken his toughest ever fight with half a camp just because Broner needed to fill a date.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
LowBlowKO
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Can you explain what you mean by "taken a different option twice" please?

I suspect I know what you're going to say but I thought it was only clueless trolls who say he should've fought at a weight he couldn't make or he should've taken his toughest ever fight with half a camp just because Broner needed to fill a date.
What needs explaining. He took a different option twice. He took Katisids when Broner first came a calling, then he took Vazquez when he came a calling a second time. If you're going to defend it on half a camp, you should probably accept that it would have been a 1.5 camps considering he was supposed to be fighting that Jose Ocampo or whoever it was.

Of course it's easy to reword it, though in all honesty the fact that Burns has been moved away from Broner twice is mentally the same as Frank ****** going "I don't believe in you" which must be a big shot to a guys confidence.

Burns has gone on record as saying he doesn't watch film of the opponents and leaves that to his trainer, so it wouldn't have been half a camp but a continuation of his earlier camp for the cancelled fight.

Also it would have been a career high pay day.
LowBlowKO is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Broner, points is my guess right now. Not had a proper look yet though.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBlowKO View Post
What needs explaining. He took a different option twice. He took Katisids when Broner first came a calling, then he took Vazquez when he came a calling a second time. If you're going to defend it on half a camp, you should probably accept that it would have been a 1.5 camps considering he was supposed to be fighting that Jose Ocampo or whoever it was.

Of course it's easy to reword it, though in all honesty the fact that Burns has been moved away from Broner twice is mentally the same as Frank ****** going "I don't believe in you" which must be a big shot to a guys confidence.

Burns has gone on record as saying he doesn't watch film of the opponents and leaves that to his trainer, so it wouldn't have been half a camp but a continuation of his earlier camp for the cancelled fight.

Also it would have been a career high pay day.

First time,he moved up because it would have been silly to fight someone as promising as Broner at a weight he'd clearly been struggling at for some time.Funny that people seem to ignore that every time Ricky fights,all you hear is how he's such a big lightweight.Well big lightweights don't do superfeather for ever if they want to optimise their chances.He had just surprised everyone by winning a title that no one gave him a chance of doing and he was struggling to get to 130 for a while before that.
Why go to the States and **** it all away by fighting a genuine potential superstar when the weight will have you at about 60-70% of his best?
That would've been a bad move and subsequent events have shown that.

Then,for the second point,it's not quite as simple as that.To honestly suggest that he would've actually had a camp and a half for the fight,therefore being at an advantage,suggests that you're maybe slightly naive when it comes to how a camp works.
Had he knocked Ocampo out in a round or two at most,would that mean that he still would've had a camp and a quarter,or even a third?

He was booked to fight in December,and it was cancelled at 2 weeks notice.He had just lost out on a payday and has admitted his head wasn't right.He took a couple weeks off for Xmas,added to the wasted time with the cancellation,so let's assume the fight would've been signed during the first week in Jan.
Then he needs to go over and do promotion before he gets started,which would've gave him 6 or 7 weeks at absolute most.
People forget that he's a belt holder with no need to jump just because HBO are busting Broner's ***** to fill a date.
Let's see an offer with a four months notice after the Vasquez fight(assuming Ricky wins,which is far from a probability) and then there'll be no excuses.
It's also been suggested that it wasn't the promoter who made the call when it came to the Feb fight.

A career-high payday doesn't mean you should throw everything away that you've worked for just because the date suits your opponent.

And for the record,I'd still lean towards Broner.All I've ever said is that it wouldn't be as easy as many think.

Last edited by PityTheFool; 01-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've only seen burns vs mitchell and from the looks of that i've
got to go with broner. burns is rangy but doesn't use it well.
I see broner catching everything ricky throws and pitching back
hard. Unless the scot is tougher than demarco then i also see a
TKO for the homeboy.
christo is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

TKO9 Problem
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #14
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP

vCash: 248

Broner by demolition in less than six rounds.
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
Sir Will Wigan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm with the chicken on this one. Easy and short night for Broner.
Sir Will Wigan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum