Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #46
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 75
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Frank Bruno isn't a monster puncher??

You morons are really beyond help

There isn't a heavyweight in existence, past, present, or future that had the blend of power, speed, and chin that Tyson had
Jack Dempsey would like to argue
devon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
Manassa
-
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ESB since '05
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 75
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
Jack Dempsey would like to argue
No he ****ing wouldn't
Manassa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #48
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
No he ****ing wouldn't
tyson was black...dempsey wouldn't even get into a tri-state high school debate with him
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #49
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
No he ****ing wouldn't
Owned.
rusak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #50
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Ducked/Avoided/delayed- Holy, Ruddock, Spoon, Foreman....Absolutely.....

2nd question...That would seem to be the most likely scenerio
Ducked/Avoided/Delayed Ruddock - But when they did fight Tyson pushed Ruddocks shit in, not once but twice. Tyson RUINED Ruddock. So your point is completely irrelevant.Tyson was meant to fight Holyfield but Buster caused the upset. Buster wouldnt give Tyson the rematch and instead faced Holyfield. Holyfield took the title but didnt fight Tyson, he decided to face Foreman instead. So Tyson went on to beat the shit out of Ruddock in the meantime. Its not Tysons fault if Holy decided on Foreman rather than Tyson.Foreman was not even relevant until round the same Tyson was fighting Ruddock. The only reason Foremans status was elevated was because of his loss against Holyfield, around this same time Tyson was warring with Ruddock. So they couldnt have fought. After prison, Tyson went after the titles and Holyfield. Getting the titles back and fighting Holyfield was always more of a priority than Foreman. Ive already done this in previous threads, Both Bill Cayton and Don Kings fightplan had Foreman on there, but only AFTER Tyson beats Holyfield. None of that materialised and Tyson left King for FInkel in 1997.Tyson cleaned out the entire 80s including Holmes, yet you have to pick out that Tyson 'ducked' Spoon. Theres 2 reasons why this fight never happened. Tim Witherspoon and Tim Witherspoon.First reason, Spoon lost to Smith. The same Smith Tyson took the title from. Not Tysons problem if Spoon lost to Smith, Thats Spoons fault. In fact, Spoon was Kod in the first round in that fight.Secondly, Spoon was managed by Carl and Don King, he foolishly decided to sue the Kings, so they blackballed him out of the division and made sure he doesnt get any paydays. Once again, that wasnt Tysons fault.Tyson wouldnt duck Frazier, he would wipe the floor with him. Tyson has an easier time with Frazier than he ever did with Holmes, Holyfield or Lewis because as i said before, he wouldnt have to go far to look for Joe.People keep going on about Fraziers stamina etc, however it would not come into the equation for this fight because Frazier isnt going to be around for that long.The last thing you want, is to be a slow starter and have a style like Fraziers and try and fight a guy like Tyson head on.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #51
Wass1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Ducked/Avoided/Delayed Ruddock - But when they did fight Tyson pushed Ruddocks shit in, not once but twice. Tyson RUINED Ruddock. So your point is completely irrelevant.Tyson was meant to fight Holyfield but Buster caused the upset. Buster wouldnt give Tyson the rematch and instead faced Holyfield. Holyfield took the title but didnt fight Tyson, he decided to face Foreman instead. So Tyson went on to beat the shit out of Ruddock in the meantime. Its not Tysons fault if Holy decided on Foreman rather than Tyson.Foreman was not even relevant until round the same Tyson was fighting Ruddock. The only reason Foremans status was elevated was because of his loss against Holyfield, around this same time Tyson was warring with Ruddock. So they couldnt have fought. After prison, Tyson went after the titles and Holyfield. Getting the titles back and fighting Holyfield was always more of a priority than Foreman. Ive already done this in previous threads, Both Bill Cayton and Don Kings fightplan had Foreman on there, but only AFTER Tyson beats Holyfield. None of that materialised and Tyson left King for FInkel in 1997.Tyson cleaned out the entire 80s including Holmes, yet you have to pick out that Tyson 'ducked' Spoon. Theres 2 reasons why this fight never happened. Tim Witherspoon and Tim Witherspoon.First reason, Spoon lost to Smith. The same Smith Tyson took the title from. Not Tysons problem if Spoon lost to Smith, Thats Spoons fault. In fact, Spoon was Kod in the first round in that fight.Secondly, Spoon was managed by Carl and Don King, he foolishly decided to sue the Kings, so they blackballed him out of the division and made sure he doesnt get any paydays. Once again, that wasnt Tysons fault.Tyson wouldnt duck Frazier, he would wipe the floor with him. Tyson has an easier time with Frazier than he ever did with Holmes, Holyfield or Lewis because as i said before, he wouldnt have to go far to look for Joe.People keep going on about Fraziers stamina etc, however it would not come into the equation for this fight because Frazier isnt going to be around for that long.The last thing you want, is to be a slow starter and have a style like Fraziers and try and fight a guy like Tyson head on.
Tyson has also stated that Ruddock ruined himself too, not surprised they were wars
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #52
Wass1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Are you trying to say that Tyson ducked Holyfield? and that he would duck Frazier too?

That Damn Tyson, been fooling me all these years. His whole 'loss' to Buster Douglas and his prison stint, all of this just to duck Holyfield.

As for the Frazier/Tyson argument, Tyson would have a much easier time against Frazier than he would against Holmes, Ali, Lewis or Holyfield or even Liston and thats because Tyson wouldnt have to go far to look for Frazier.

Going by their losses, the way to beat Tyson was to outbox him, avoid damage yourself, take him into later rounds and then Ko him when he was tired. Douglas, Holyfield and Lewis all executed this gameplan and took very little damage in return.

Frazier fights nothing like that. The way to beat Frazier (going by his losses) was to outbomb him (Foreman) or try and outbox him to a decision (Ali). Had Ali had a bit more firepower, the Frazier fights may not have been as competitive as they were. Just because Joe went life and death with Ali, doesnt automatically mean hes going to stand there and be able to trade with a guy like Tyson. Totally different styles.
Holyfield just plain and simply outfought him in every department, Holyfield stunned mike pretty bad in the 2nd or 3rd round of their first bout
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #53
Wass1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

With about 1.14 sec left of the 2nd round Holyfield caught mike with a big shot to the temple and really stunned mike and hurt him. I'm surprised not many people did notice it, Holyfield sensed it but he let him off. Just goes to show mike was and would be vulnerable to an early ko if he fought the right man
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #54
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wass1985 View Post
With about 1.14 sec left of the 2nd round Holyfield caught mike with a big shot to the temple and really stunned mike and hurt him. I'm surprised not many people did notice it, Holyfield sensed it but he let him off. Just goes to show mike was and would be vulnerable to an early ko if he fought the right man
Holyfield, didnt just outfight Tyson in every department,he put on a great counterpunching display and awaited for Tyson to tire out. Even then, Holy didnt face the best version of tyson. There is a big difference between the Tyson of 86 and Tyson of 96

Frazier fights nothing like Holyfield
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #55
Wass1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Holyfield, didnt just outfight Tyson in every department,he put on a great counterpunching display and awaited for Tyson to tire out. Even then, Holy didnt face the best version of tyson. There is a big difference between the Tyson of 86 and Tyson of 96

Frazier fights nothing like Holyfield
I doubt Holyfield was as good as the early 90's version either

I didn't mention Frazier
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #56
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Ducked/Avoided/delayed- Holy, Ruddock, Spoon, Foreman....Absolutely.....

2nd question...That would seem to be the most likely scenerio
Ridiculous Post
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #57
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Ridiculous Post
Get over it.

Tyson was just a crude brawler who could punch a little and had an ok chin.
Never had movement, just came straigth at you like he was Hagler, but a shittier version.

dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
BoxingFanPhil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Wow some of the Tyson fan boys take it personally. Lol.
BoxingFanPhil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #59
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,267
vCash: 427
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Get over it.

Tyson was just a crude brawler who could punch a little and had an ok chin.
Never had movement, just came straigth at you like he was Hagler, but a shittier version.

Worst post ever?
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #60
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: On Mike Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Get over it.

Tyson was just a crude brawler who could punch a little and had an ok chin.
Never had movement, just came straigth at you like he was Hagler, but a shittier version.

none of this is true and your other posts have shown you know boxing so you probably don't believe it either
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013