Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelky View Post
Why does anyone respond to this cunt?
Not Guilty
zoley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 0
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

SBW & Crowe legit boxing analysts............your a funny man mate.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
Posts: 653
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was there a huge wait before the scores were read out?
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was Geale's corner telling him that he needed the last round?
Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was Geale's corner imploring him to throw punches as he walked forward?
It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was the commentary abysmal?
It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why did numerous people have the fight to Choc or were unsure of the result? (as mentioned in other threads)
Because it was draw and could have gone either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why would Mundine's corner tell him he would be champion in a few minutes whilst Geale's corner were worried?
Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 300
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Because just because...!!!!!
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.


Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.


It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.


It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.


Because it was draw and could have gone either way.


Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
****, I got nothing.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.


Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.


It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.


It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.


Because it was draw and could have gone either way.


Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
an experienced, unbiased view today explained the fight to me as being 10 rounds to 2, for geale obviously. the same bloke thought mundine would win it on the night...

only retards, deniers and desperates believe mundine came anywhere close to winning.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

i would like to know also why it took so long to tally the scores seeing the fight was fairly one sided
bazil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 834
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.


Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.


It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.


It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.


Because it was draw and could have gone either way.


Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
Do yourself a favor and step in front of a bus. Preferably in that slum known as Redfern so no one gives a shit and has to hear about it. You don't know shit about boxing.
kas117 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #24
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
i would like to know also why it took so long to tally the scores seeing the fight was fairly one sided
It was strange, but it's happened before.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
It was strange, but it's happened before.
nothing strange. only some retards believing mundine won...
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #26
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was there a huge wait before the scores were read out?

Why was Geale's corner telling him that he needed the last round?

Why was Geale's corner imploring him to throw punches as walked forward?

Why was the commentary abysmal?

Why did numerous people have the fight to Choc or were unsure of the result? (as mentioned in other threads)

Why would Mundine's corner tell him he would be champion in a few minutes whilst Geale's corner were worried?


mundine lost but some good questions here
bazil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
bruiserh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

You forgot to ask who was the mysterious man in the black hat at the fight

The strange thing was Mundine got on his bike for a bit in the 12th, which makes you think he did actually think he was winning....as deluded as he was.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #28
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Shit thread great song eat a dick 20arseholes8daysaweek

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #29
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: too many places
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 2391
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Russell Crowe.

You say don't do anything stupid, you say box at range, you don't say we NEED the round as that encourages recklessness.

Thats right he acted a boxer once

Did you know mathematicians still consult Russell when they have a complex theory they can't solve ala a beautiful mind, oh and they also defer to him in complex hostage negotiations ala Proof of Life. And Neo Nazis still call him up..........

ahh you get the point ****wit.
goodnight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #30
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
mundine lost but some good questions here
Not really, they're pretty silly questions by someone reaching...
Let's analyse -

Why was there a huge wait before the scores were read out?
No one knows, but it's not like it hasn't happened before.

Why was Geale's corner telling him that he needed the last round?
Pure speculation, but there can be many reasons why.
They didn't want him to slow down.
They wanted a KO.


Why was Geale's corner imploring him to throw punches as walked forward?
It is boxing, and the aim is to throw punches. Silly question.

Why was the commentary abysmal?
When isn't it?

Why did numerous people have the fight to Choc or were unsure of the result? (as mentioned in other threads)
Numerous people? As far as I can see, it's a tiny tiny percentage.
I guess it's to do with people hating having their bubble burst.
It can be difficult and emotional having to accept something negative about what you so strongly believe in.


Why would Mundine's corner tell him he would be champion in a few minutes whilst Geale's corner were worried?

They're delusional.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013