Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #31
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: Questions that need answering.

well put sox
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #32
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Why was there a huge wait before the scores were read out?

Why was Geale's corner telling him that he needed the last round?

Why was Geale's corner imploring him to throw punches as walked forward?

Why was the commentary abysmal?

Why did numerous people have the fight to Choc or were unsure of the result? (as mentioned in other threads)

Why would Mundine's corner tell him he would be champion in a few minutes whilst Geale's corner were worried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
mundine lost but some good questions here
Reminds me of :

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #33
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.

Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.

It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.

It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.

Because it was draw and could have gone either way.

Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
I didn't recall you being such a spastic before? Do you always get delusional when you lose money at the bookies?

Last edited by TheDuke; 01-31-2013 at 10:19 PM.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #34
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

ecto55 this and the Danny Green charging kids $5 for his autograph post is comedy gold. Keep em coming champ.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #35
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

methinks ecto must surely be taking the piss out of pommy troll dawg...surely?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #36
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

What it shows is there were a few Mundine nuthuggers in here pretending not to be. Can't believe how hurt ecto is.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #37
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Because the IBF officials were substituting the Majority draw decision that the Australian judges had with Garry Shaw's own personal scorecards. The length of the delay coincides almost exactly with the legth of time it takes for a slow moving, corrupt official to visit 3 judges, collect their scorecards and deftly switch them with Gary Shaw's replacmeent cards.

Because he was behind on the scorecards and needed that last round to salvage a draw.

It was vain and fruitless exhortation to try and get Geale to take Mundine's hyper-effective left away.

It depends on what you classify as abysmal. Was it objective and accurate and impartial. Of course not. But does it go a long way towards cemeniting the mutual felching relationship that Main Events likes to incalculate with the promoters of the BIG Aussie boxing stars. The Mundine star is setting, and the Geale sun is rising and will last for at least another 5 years. These Main Events guys know what side their bread is buttered on, they only licked Geales arse out they waty that they did for Tszyu, Mundine and Green before him. However the annointed dominant force in Aussie boxcing is will always have a massive advantage in commentary analysis.

Because it was draw and could have gone either way.

Because until Geale won the last round and levelled the scorecards up, Mundine was ahead. Geale needed the last round to earn a draw and retain his title....I guess he wasn't aware of the invidious reach of Garry Shaw.
You still hurting after losing big at the TAB. Get over it, you can't judge a fight for your life.

No wonder you never made it any further than the smaller side of the NSW fight circuit. Every expert boxing analysist from Australia to the US all had Geale shut out or close too. But as you said yesterday you know how to judge a fight

Stick to being an arm chair expert
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #38
Stools
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 775

I was 10 rows back and scored it roughly 10 to 2, I remember thinking half way through thank **** I didn't throw some coin on Mandy.
Stools is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #39
nafe
Journeyman

Now Mundine is saying he landed 219 punches while Geale landed 112. If these stats are true then I think there are calls for review.
nafe is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #40
DeVoy
Parlor Talker
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe View Post
Now Mundine is saying he landed 219 punches while Geale landed 112. If these stats are true then I think there are calls for review.
Was SBW counting them in between vodka shots?

Anyone with half a brain gave Geale 8-12 rounds, Mundine fought like shit, all slow, hitting clean air most of the time, getting tagged like an idiot.

In addition, 3 professional judges gave Geale the fight (I thought they were being generous to Mundine personally), along with 99% of the boxing press.

Throughout the entire fight, Geale's corner was reserved and supremely confident. Mundine's corner had his old man, Reno and a bunch of hangers on all screaming at him to do something, anything.

Looked like shit, acted like shit, lost like a bitch, now he can get those long awaited rematches with Zohs and Rick Thornberry while Geale takes on the best in the world.
DeVoy is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #41
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoy View Post
was sbw counting them in between vodka shots?

Anyone with half a brain gave geale 8-12 rounds, mundine fought like shit, all slow, hitting clean air most of the time, getting tagged like an idiot.

In addition, 3 professional judges gave geale the fight (i thought they were being generous to mundine personally), along with 99% of the boxing press.

Throughout the entire fight, geale's corner was reserved and supremely confident. Mundine's corner had his old man, reno and a bunch of hangers on all screaming at him to do something, anything.

Looked like shit, acted like shit, lost like a bitch, now he can get those long awaited rematches with zohs and rick thornberry while geale takes on the best in the world.

this.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #42
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Well **** me, if the collective great minds of SBW and Russell Crowe think that Mundine won the fight then there needs to be an immediate reversal of the result and Mundine's arm needs to be raised in victory. I also think that Andy Raymond is the premiere sports commentator in the land and Barry Michael should stop sitting on the fence and show a little bias towards Mundine during his fights.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #43
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Why is Anthony's mother white?
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:43 AM   #44
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollox View Post
Why is Anthony's mother white?
Because she's an Uncle Tom?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 AM   #45
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Is she an aunty Tom?
Bollox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum