Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Now i know why mundine is doing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
Funny but thats exactly where the name comes from
i bought the wife a small dog that resembles a rat so after watching the fawlty towers episode basil the rat...i named him bazil with a z
Good one.

Fawlty Towers is a such a classic show.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Don't mention the war. I may of mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
Funny but thats exactly where the name comes from
i bought the wife a small dog that resembles a rat so after watching the fawlty towers episode basil the rat...i named him bazil with a z
holy crap you're married!?

Was it an arranged marriage?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
cobba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

i reckon Mundine knew he'd lose so had gthe ready made excuse pre fight .. and i reckon he was hoping it'd be close enough so he could claim he was robbed and force a decided ... problem was he got flogged !
cobba is online now  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

true,maybe he is trying to force a decider....
although it may not happen,imagine it did and he got up and won by a point or two.
riots would start
bazil is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #21
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
There are more chances of pigs flying than a third fight.
I realise you are a fan, I backed Choc, I have watched him from day one.
I could not give him more than one round.
Mate, he is SHOT. Watch his footwork, his reflexes,his pitiful jab,his failure to pull the trigger when Daniel was there to be hit. If he fights anyone with a ko punch he is gonna get seriously hurt.
My apologies Bazil. Channel 7 news has stated Geale has welcomed a third fight with Mundine
zoley is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #22
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Disappointed that Mundine carried on in such an unprofessional manner after the fight and tried to detract from a great event for Australian boxing. For someone who has been a professional for nearly 20 years he showed very unprofessional traits.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

I saw this on another forum, very well put -

This was posted on his fb page and got over 60 000 likes until it was removed....

Hey Anthony Mundine,

How you going today? Feeling alright? This morning when youíve had a chance to recover and have a decent sleep (didnít happen sooner, wish youíd been KOíd earlier) maybe youíll have another think about some of your life decisions?

If you think boxing is so corrupt, maybe you should do the boxing world a favour and quit?

Because really. You come across as nothing more than a petulant child who throws tantrums whenever anything doesnít go your way.

You want to be a role model for Aboriginal children? Well act like one. How dare you question anyone about their race or self identity. I have nothing against you being proud of your heritage. Thatís admirable. But implying that Geale is somewhat lesser because YOU have dictated that heís not an Aboriginal (who gave you that right by the way?) is reprehensible, and you know whatÖracist.

I also think itís disgusting to question a manís integrity because he married a Ďwhite womaní. And here I was thinking that love should transcend such things. But what would I know? Again, in my eyes, that paints you as a racist.

You had (have) so much talent as a sportsman. You could have had every Australian backing you. And you could have furthered Aboriginal rights and been the very role model you claim to beÖif you just werenít such a d--k head.

You are the one who has isolated yourself from the Australian public. You are the one who has created the Ďus versus themí mentality. You are the one who constantly uses the race card.

We would be with you if you werenít so against us.

What message are you teaching these kids? That nothing is ever your fault? If you donít win, then scream like a petulant child and throw a tantrum? Grow up. Youíre 37. Take some responsibility. You may be a fantastic athlete, but youíre a s--t sportsman.
Iím the first to admit that this place isnít perfect. But it is amazing and I love it here. So really, if you think this place is as racist and corrupt as it is, go somewhere else. To me itís a win win. You donít want to be here, we donít want you here. But thatís me dreaming.

Look at your opponent last night and through the buildup (sic) of this fight. He handled himself with dignity and he gave you more respect than you deserved. You attacked his heritage and his wife and even though he beat you fair and square and in spite of your immaturity, he had kind words for you.

Learn from him.

Daniel Geale, youíre awesome.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I saw this on another forum, very well put -

This was posted on his fb page and got over 60 000 likes until it was removed....

Hey Anthony Mundine,

How you going today? Feeling alright? This morning when youíve had a chance to recover and have a decent sleep (didnít happen sooner, wish youíd been KOíd earlier) maybe youíll have another think about some of your life decisions?

If you think boxing is so corrupt, maybe you should do the boxing world a favour and quit?

Because really. You come across as nothing more than a petulant child who throws tantrums whenever anything doesnít go your way.

You want to be a role model for Aboriginal children? Well act like one. How dare you question anyone about their race or self identity. I have nothing against you being proud of your heritage. Thatís admirable. But implying that Geale is somewhat lesser because YOU have dictated that heís not an Aboriginal (who gave you that right by the way?) is reprehensible, and you know whatÖracist.

I also think itís disgusting to question a manís integrity because he married a Ďwhite womaní. And here I was thinking that love should transcend such things. But what would I know? Again, in my eyes, that paints you as a racist.

You had (have) so much talent as a sportsman. You could have had every Australian backing you. And you could have furthered Aboriginal rights and been the very role model you claim to beÖif you just werenít such a d--k head.

You are the one who has isolated yourself from the Australian public. You are the one who has created the Ďus versus themí mentality. You are the one who constantly uses the race card.

We would be with you if you werenít so against us.

What message are you teaching these kids? That nothing is ever your fault? If you donít win, then scream like a petulant child and throw a tantrum? Grow up. Youíre 37. Take some responsibility. You may be a fantastic athlete, but youíre a s--t sportsman.
Iím the first to admit that this place isnít perfect. But it is amazing and I love it here. So really, if you think this place is as racist and corrupt as it is, go somewhere else. To me itís a win win. You donít want to be here, we donít want you here. But thatís me dreaming.

Look at your opponent last night and through the buildup (sic) of this fight. He handled himself with dignity and he gave you more respect than you deserved. You attacked his heritage and his wife and even though he beat you fair and square and in spite of your immaturity, he had kind words for you.

Learn from him.

Daniel Geale, youíre awesome.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
buster007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum