Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Fantasy Fight.If you had to choose only one against early Clay/Ali.WHOS IT GONNA BE?

In my opinion in Ali's prime ( before the 3 year layoff ).. There's not a heavyweight champ that could have beat him, Louis, Tyson, Dempsey, Holy, Lewis, Marciano, Frazier( if they would have fought e few years earlier),and probably a few more....My ultimate Early Ali fantasyfight is Clay Vs a prime Mike Tyson..So what are yours!..And remember you can only choose one!!

Last edited by TheSouthpaw; 02-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: Fantasy Fight.If you had to coose only one against early Cla/Ali.WHO?

Ali Vs Williams..brutal!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: Fantasy Fight.If you had to coose only one against early Cla/Ali.WHO?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Tyson vs Razor..Tyson said he wanted to kill him!..( highlights )..
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fantasy Fight.If you had to choose only one against early Clay/Ali.WHOS IT GONNA

Smokin' Joe > Ali -every time in their primes!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Default Re: Fantasy Fight.If you had to choose only one against early Clay/Ali.WHOS IT GONNA

Yeah, honestly, I'd just love to see Frazier-Ali prime for prime.

But if that's not allowed, how about Rocky?
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #6
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
In my opinion in Ali's prime ( before the 3 year layoff ).. There's not a heavyweight champ that could have beat him, Louis, Tyson, Dempsey, Holy, Lewis, Marciano, Frazier( if they would have fought e few years earlier),and probably a few more....My ultimate Early Ali fantasyfight is Clay Vs a prime Mike Tyson..So what are yours!..And remember you can only choose one!!
Like you stated,in your opinion.Would have to agree with Ali-tyson matchup though always been one of my fav fantasy fights.But since you already chose Mike I'd have to go with the brown bomber Joe Louis,I mean if frazier could knock Ali down beat him & have a damn near death match with him why can't the greatest heavyweight of his generation Luois as well?I considered Ali the greatest heavyweight for a long time because of his great resume but that was before I truly found who Louis really was & what he was capable of.Thunderous power that could even put ATG Ali lights out.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
What kind of sicko are you?! It is disgracful to go from a FRAZIER avatar one to day and then to sink to depths of depravity by now brandishing one of the boxer formerly known as Clay! Ths is akin to having a bumper sticker of the Yankees and Red Sox on the same car or EAGLES and cowboys...this is disgraceful, I excpected beter from you. Some things don't mix, like Catsup and Chocolate Ice cream...Remember a house divided against itself cannot stand!

Last edited by PhillyPhan69; 02-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Marciano vs.Ali...
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Frazier as it would be good to Frazier kick his ass one more time
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Joe Louis is the enigmatic opponent here but I'd also love to see Walcott or Charles too.
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Frazier.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
Smokin' Joe > Ali -every time in their primes!

I take a prime Ali to beat Frazier. Joe would still have given him a hell of a fight.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
I take a prime Ali to beat Frazier. Joe would still have given him a hell of a fight.
Agreed. Pre-Exile Ali didn't used to lay on the ropes and take beatings, round after round, and that's pretty much what beat Ali in the first Frazier fight in my estimation. I don't think he had the legs at that point in his career to move for 15 rounds. Provided he sticks and moves for the majority, and holds when he has to, I see Ali/Clay winning clearly on the cards.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
guilalah
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ali vs Marciano finish fight.

Would also like to see prime Ali vs Frazier, Louis, Dempsey [EDIT: and Holmes]. Would like to see Ali vs Jeffries 25/45/finish. Johnson, Tunney or Walcott vs Ali would be interesting. [EDIT Charles, Tyson, Holyfield or Lewis might be interesting. I think Ali's just wrong for Sullivan, even on the hypothesis of Ali developing in Sullivan's era].

Last edited by guilalah; 02-01-2013 at 02:50 PM.
guilalah is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
What kind of sicko are you?! It is disgracful to go from a FRAZIER avatar one to day and then to sink to depths of depravity by now brandishing one of the boxer formerly known as Clay! Ths is akin to having a bumper sticker of the Yankees and Red Sox on the same car or EAGLES and cowboys...this is disgraceful, I excpected beter from you. Some things don't mix, like Catsup and Chocolate Ice cream...Remember a house divided against itself cannot stand!

Your comment about chocolate ice cream's given me the taste for some ! I've got to go out in the pissing rain to get some now
Stevie G is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum