Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: You think Belfort is gonna get exposed for doping vs Bisping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Apparently it wasn't Vitor. It was Mini Vitor.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Yeah Big Vitor went the 'sanctioned' route. Funny that a tiny fraction of the global population suffer from low testosterone, which produces serious and adverse side effects. And yet a bunch of healthy athletes in their 20's and 30's in the UFC are on legal hormone use/abuse. Its a f'in farce. The UFC is a joke.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #17
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Does he still get his purse?

The only way these blokes might stop juicing is if their opponent or charity gets to keep their purse if testing positive.
kel is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

They should just let everybody juice like in the Pride days. That was the real Wild West of the MMA world.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Yeah Big Vitor went the 'sanctioned' route. Funny that a tiny fraction of the global population suffer from low testosterone, which produces serious and adverse side effects. And yet a bunch of healthy athletes in their 20's and 30's in the UFC are on legal hormone use/abuse. Its a f'in farce. The UFC is a joke.
I am quite sure most of these guys are citing Nevada's 4:1, or California's 6:1, permitted T/E ratios; and their Dr's are letting them juice enough to get there. I'm sure you already know that most people are 1:1 at best. I'm not denying that this is going on.

I do wonder if some of these otherwise seemingly fit fighters actually suffer from low test due to head trauma. I remember reading somewhere that James Toney has the testosterone levels of a 70 year old in an article addressing head trauma and how it relates to low testosterone and depression.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Does he still get his purse?

The only way these blokes might stop juicing is if their opponent or charity gets to keep their purse if testing positive.
Yes he does
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
The UFC is a joke.
So stop watching it and reading about it and talking about it. I don't like the NBA, so guess what? I don't watch it or bitch about it online.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I am quite sure most of these guys are citing Nevada's 4:1, or California's 6:1, permitted T/E ratios; and their Dr's are letting them juice enough to get there. I'm sure you already know that most people are 1:1 at best. I'm not denying that this is going on.

I do wonder if some of these otherwise seemingly fit fighters actually suffer from low test due to head trauma. I remember reading somewhere that James Toney has the testosterone levels of a 70 year old in an article addressing head trauma and how it relates to low testosterone and depression.
hate to cite wikipedia but yeah they indicate that an average score for athletes was 1.15:1 on one study and note that only a real small % of athletes test at much higher levels of 3.71:1 and 5.25:1 (on another study).

if they're gonna allow trt (which maybe they shouldn't) i would think that they should max a trt user at like 2:1 or so. that way, they can use it to level the playing field (if they must) but not get an advantage to where they can come in at 6:1 facing a guy with an average score of about 1:1
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #23
boxing4ever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

So a previous steroid user is allowed TRT treatment. What a joke!!
boxing4ever is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

As long as there's an excuse fighters will cite whatever they like. Trauma, wear and tear bla bla bla. They're all convenient excuses. And what was James excuse when he was healthy? That dudes been on gear since the 90's. The only difference is his doctors fiddled him an excuse and now he gets to take them 'legally'. The entire system is a farce and the equivalent of the WWE's 'Wellness Policy' which is just an inconvenient tick box. At least with PRIDE neither did they care or bother. The hypocrisy simply wasn't there.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ironmt View Post
hate to cite wikipedia but yeah they indicate that an average score for athletes was 1.15:1 on one study and note that only a real small % of athletes test at much higher levels of 3.71:1 and 5.25:1 (on another study).

if they're gonna allow trt (which maybe they shouldn't) i would think that they should max a trt user at like 2:1 or so. that way, they can use it to level the playing field (if they must) but not get an advantage to where they can come in at 6:1 facing a guy with an average score of about 1:1
The ratio depends on the commission and sanctioning body. Bottom line is a guy with a ratio of more than 2:1 is on gear. Period.
TRT exemptions should be banned outright. Dan Henderson nor Randy Couture would have had the lengthy successful careers they had if it wasn't for TRT.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #26
boxing4ever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
The ratio depends on the commission and sanctioning body. Bottom line is a guy with a ratio of more than 2:1 is on gear. Period.
TRT exemptions should be banned outright. Dan Henderson nor Randy Couture would have had the lengthy successful careers they had if it wasn't for TRT.
Co-sign

The idea that just because you get older means you should be exempt and get a pass for TRT is absurd.

If your body cant produce the testosterone required to compete then stop ****ing fighting!!
boxing4ever is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4ever View Post
Co-sign

The idea that just because you get older means you should be exempt and get a pass for TRT is absurd.

If your body cant produce the testosterone required to compete then stop ****ing fighting!!
Thats the sum total of it. Fighters of yesteryear had lower shelf lives. But because of modern sports science these guys cheat from early ages, cheating themselves and the fans.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #28
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Banning is probably the best idea. All i'm saying is that if they're going to allow some fighters to use it whether it's due to past juicing, age, or more legitimate reasons I would think it would be more fair to limit the levels to 2:1 of maybe even 1:1 so they don't have an advantage over a non using average athlete. But again, banning would be fine too
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #29
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ironmt View Post
Banning is probably the best idea. All i'm saying is that if they're going to allow some fighters to use it whether it's due to past juicing, age, or more legitimate reasons I would think it would be more fair to limit the levels to 2:1 of maybe even 1:1 so they don't have an advantage over a non using average athlete. But again, banning would be fine too
Seems fair.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #30
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I'm of the school of thought that TRT equals legal cheating. In fighting you need to let your body age naturally. If they weren't fighters then I totally understand how taking TRT would help other areas like your mood but as long as they are fighting a 35 year old man can't get his testosterone levels back to when he was 25 otherwise that is cheating.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum