Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Mundine/Geale ring entrances

This was the first time I watched a big boxing event over here in a pub, I was surprised by how many people turned out on a Wednesday for it. I've never seen Mundine or Geale fight live before only YT performances so I don't know if that is their usual entrances.

Anyway I thought their entrances were without any irony absolutely blinding. Captured exactly what a ringwalk should be and got me buzzing for the fight (the beer may have helped). My mate on the other hand thought it was shit. MY only problem, not to stir people up, was that Mundines seemed so much more elaborate than Geales but they were both quality. So much better than just playing the latest club track or some old classic.

Thoughts?
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
bruiserh

vCash:
Default Re: Mundine/Geale ring entrances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
This was the first time I watched a big boxing event over here in a pub, I was surprised by how many people turned out on a Wednesday for it. I've never seen Mundine or Geale fight live before only YT performances so I don't know if that is their usual entrances.

Anyway I thought their entrances were without any irony absolutely blinding. Captured exactly what a ringwalk should be and got me buzzing for the fight (the beer may have helped). My mate on the other hand thought it was shit. MY only problem, not to stir people up, was that Mundines seemed so much more elaborate than Geales but they were both quality. So much better than just playing the latest club track or some old classic.

Thoughts?
Firstly, congrats on undergoing an Aussie rite of passage, we'll turn you into a certified Aussie in no time

I guess in terms of Mundine's walkout being a bit more showy is probably an accurate reflection of the difference between the two. Geale, a down to earth guy. Mandy, all bells and whistles. You also would have noticed Mundine walked out with the population of Lakemba as an entourage whilst Geale had the necessaries. Its all intimidation
Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

I think geale was sticking it to mundines claims by having an uncle from a central Queensland tribe playing for him. I liked them both though
raff is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I thought Geale's was a better ring entrance than Mundine's. It was good to see something different and it was like they were competing to show off their culture,although I wasn't really keen on Mundine's dancers. Personally I thought he would have the connections to have a better quality of dancers as part of his entrance.
For mine though no one comes close to Arama Tabuai when it comes to an indigenous boxers ring entrance, he looks like a headhunter.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
For mine though no one comes close to Arama Tabuai when it comes to an indigenous boxers ring entrance, he looks like a headhunter.
gotta agree. absolutely exotic...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
gotta agree. absolutely erotic...
WTF Sal??
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
Firstly, congrats on undergoing an Aussie rite of passage, we'll turn you into a certified Aussie in no time

I guess in terms of Mundine's walkout being a bit more showy is probably an accurate reflection of the difference between the two. Geale, a down to earth guy. Mandy, all bells and whistles. You also would have noticed Mundine walked out with the population of Lakemba as an entourage whilst Geale had the necessaries. Its all intimidation
Yep, it reminded me of Judah coming out to face Tszyu - he had half of the crooks from Brooklyn including Iron Mike in his entourage, all telling him how he was the greatest etc.

Not only an intimidation factor but also an attempt by the ever-needy and insecure Mundine to try to believe his own hype.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
I thought Geale's was a better ring entrance than Mundine's. It was good to see something different and it was like they were competing to show off their culture,although I wasn't really keen on Mundine's dancers. Personally I thought he would have the connections to have a better quality of dancers as part of his entrance.
Yep, Geale's uncle was far more authentic than the bloke who played the didj for Mundine's entrance.

I also didn't like the dancers Mundine had (although they danced for Geale too I think?).

That "wobbleboot" move the old fella kept doing made me picture a dirty old fat bush woman lifting her skirt and wafting her smelly fanny fumes at her enemy
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

That "wobbleboot" move the old fella kept doing made me picture a dirty old fat bush woman lifting her skirt and wafting her smelly fanny fumes at her enemy
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The old abo chasing around the little boy abo was creepy..... although i guess kinda true in a way.
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
The old abo chasing around the little boy abo was creepy..... although i guess kinda true in a way.
ouch

i liked the kids dirty jeans.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Geales walk wasn't very long, he was almost in the ring when the camera panned to him.
kel is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #13
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy View Post
Sonni Michael in a cage?
Where he should be kept
raff is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Where he should be kept
Isnt that where jungleboy is?
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #15
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy View Post
Sonni Michael in a cage?
Does anyone remember when Sonni got in the ring and kicked a soccer ball around a chair. It was on fox might of been at Mansfeild tavern. Gee it makes me laugh thinking about it.
Crusher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum