Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: DoucheBag Dana at it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Or he will just lie and keep repeating the same lie again until it becomes a false impression of truth and everyone keeps repeating the same BS over and over again only because DW said so.

Basic U.S. tactics !
He's a fight promoter. Talking shit is part of the job requirement. His job is to sell, sell, sell. Sell the promotion. What's he gonna say? "Oh one guy is way past it and the other guy is out of shape and barely interested, so this fight is odds-on to stink the joint out"?

Of course if he chases someone and can't get him, he's gonna say the UFC were never THAT interested.

Of course he wants to control everything, and not let his fighters run around doing whatever they want with whoever they want, and signing one-off deals to fight outside of the org, and signing sponsorship deals to wear Reebok T-shirts into a cage with a Nike logo on the canvas.

Who do you expect Dana to be? What kind of standards do you expect him to live up to?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
He's a fight promoter. Talking shit is part of the job requirement. His job is to sell, sell, sell. Sell the promotion. What's he gonna say? "Oh one guy is way past it and the other guy is out of shape and barely interested, so this fight is odds-on to stink the joint out"?

Of course if he chases someone and can't get him, he's gonna say the UFC were never THAT interested.

Of course he wants to control everything, and not let his fighters run around doing whatever they want with whoever they want, and signing one-off deals to fight outside of the org, and signing sponsorship deals to wear Reebok T-shirts into a cage with a Nike logo on the canvas.

Who do you expect Dana to be? What kind of standards do you expect him to live up to?

I have principle man. I understand what you are saying, part of me doesn't have the choice but to agree with you, but I just can't stand this.

He can do his talking all he wants but I'm pretty sure he could do it without lying.

I don't mind the cursing, the big ego and all that shit but what bothers me is all the lie.

EDIT: One of the most hilarious moment I can remember of DW is when Hendo knocked Fedor out and the same day of the day after Ariel interviewed DW and he was there with his little paper saying something that Brock Lesnar was better then Fedor because Fedor only fought cans. The he went on naming the people Lesnar beat: Mir, then Couture, then Hearing....totally forgeting that Fedor DESTROYED Hearings years earlier and that he blocked the fight against Couture... !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I have principle man. I understand what you are saying, part of me doesn't have the choice but to agree with you, but I just can't stand this.

He can do his talking all he wants but I'm pretty sure he could do it without lying.

I don't mind the cursing, the big ego and all that shit but what bothers me is all the lie.

EDIT: One of the most hilarious moment I can remember of DW is when Hendo knocked Fedor out and the same day of the day after Ariel interviewed DW and he was there with his little paper saying something that Brock Lesnar was better then Fedor because Fedor only fought cans. The he went on naming the people Lesnar beat: Mir, then Couture, then Hearing....totally forgeting that Fedor DESTROYED Hearings years earlier and that he blocked the fight against Couture... !

At least you can see the other side of the coin.

I really don't understand people like scurla's HATRED of Dana. I mean, they're like spurned teenage girls.

So far as I can see, if you're a fan of MMA, then MMA is in a better place now than it has ever been. At least, it is in the West. Which is where we are. It's legal in far more places, it's never been so socially accepted, it's never had such a strong presence on TV, it's never had this many athletes nor athletes of this quality involved, it's never had so many gyms open, and the fighters have never been so well-rounded. It's a GREAT time to be an MMA fan, and Dana/Zuffa are the driving force behind this golden age. No doubt about it.

Yet "fans" like our friend scurla, ALL you ever hear from him is bitch, bitch, bitch. Why?

Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

He's a dick. But why should I care as long as he's responsible (or partly) for giving us tremendous matchups? Please tell me why. As fans the most you can ask for are great fights and the UFC has done a fantastic job so far. If you disagree then...well, there's always Bellator and some other watered down circuit for you to follow.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #20
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:

I really don't understand people like scurla's HATRED of Dana. I mean, they're like spurned teenage girls.
They're upset over the fact that Dana has so much power over fighters and makes much more money which I can sorta understand the resentment. But have you seen Koscheck's house? He lives in a mansion and owns multiple luxury cars. These guys are not starving. Far from it.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
He's a dick. But why should I care as long as he's responsible (or partly) for giving us tremendous matchups? Please tell me why. As fans the most you can ask for are great fights and the UFC has done a fantastic job so far. If you disagree then...well, there's always Bellator and some other watered down circuit for you to follow.
Exactly.

Sure, there are a few matches that you gotta roll your eyes at. Sonnen shouldn't have gotten an immediate title shot vs Jones.

But on the other hand, I think that was sending a message to the other guys. Sonnen was ready to step up on ultra-short notice and fight. Nobody else was. I think it's a case of "be ready to fight anyone at any time and you'll be favoured over the guys who aren't", and I can't get too mad about that.

Generally though, it's good. I mean, look at UFC157. You got the six top welters on one card, all fighting each other. Nobody's beating up cans, running up a win streak and waiting for a title shot. Contenders are sorting themselves out. Exactly what you want to see.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #22
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
They're upset over the fact that Dana has so much power over fighters and makes much more money which I can sorta understand the resentment. But have you seen Koscheck's house? He lives in a mansion and owns multiple luxury cars. These guys are not starving. Far from it.
Some of them could earn more, I'm sure.

But the guys who have fan followings, who work at getting their names out there? They get the money. Sonnen's never won a title and he's a multi-millionaire because he works hard to get people interested in his fights. Fitch earns significantly less because people don't get excited about his fights. If fighters develop a significant following, the money is there.

Besides, I'd rather Dana/the Fertittas have the power instead of the fighters. What happens when the fighters have all the power? You get boxing. "Oh I don't want to fight that guy." "I've decided to defend my belt once per year for the next five years." "I'm not fighting anywhere except my preferred city." And the fans are the ones who lose out.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Also, Dana deserves to make much more money. He puts much more work in, has much more responsibility, he has many more obligations. Plus he worked so hard and stuck with it when it was a money pit. He took the risk, now he has reaped the reward.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #24
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What did Don King really do for boxing that hadn't been done before?

At least Dana really seems to honestly give a shit about the fans and the growth of the sport. The UFC spends lots of money both on growing the sport around the world and on fighter safety/medical coverage etc. It costs a LOT of money to fly across the world and put on 4 shows in Australia, but they're willing to do it instead of staying in Vegas for every fight.

Every combat sports promoter talks a lot of shit, and every combat sports promoter uses some people up and then discards them. That's the nature of it. Dana is no different. But look around. Which major combat sports promoter is better? Who is more honest with the fans, and who puts more back into the sport?

Don King made some big ass fights that likely would not have been made without him.....
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #25
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
The UFC got a court injunction to prevent the Fedor Couture fight happening under the Affliction banner citing that Couture was still under contract with them. It was Zuffa who purposefully nixed a fight that both Fedor Randy and fans at that time wanted. **** Dana. And **** Zuffa.
Yep. It was supposed to be the fight of his life. Amazing how quickly people forget.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #26
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Also, Dana deserves to make much more money. He puts much more work in, has much more responsibility, he has many more obligations. Plus he worked so hard and stuck with it when it was a money pit. He took the risk, now he has reaped the reward.

So dana White put up the money himself to buy the UFC? He had two million dollars I guess right in his back pocket. Boxercise pays that well...

People come to see the fighters. So they will always deserve the lionshare of the profits. Besides the fighters are putting their health/life on the line (unlike the promoters) for the fans and the UFC. Unlike the promoters who can do this job for the rest of their life while getting a piece of every fight card, fighters have a short window to make the majority of their money.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #27
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Dont even waste your time Yaca fella
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haggis you sound like one of those women who have husbands or boyfriends who beat the shit out of them yet they defend their man "But Dana really loves me, he does all these good things for me, I mean, its not his fault that someones he gets angry and says mean things, or pulls my hair, or hits me...he loves me and I love him. People talking shit on Dana need to **** OFF (Haggis now sobbing) you don't see his good side!! He helps all these people! Dana I love you! Come and bareback me Dana!" Haggis McJackass...final quote before being beaten to death by Dana, due to not paying for a live stream....
Old 02-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #29
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

This is like the Atlas Shrugged of MMA here....
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
Haggis you sound like one of those women who have husbands or boyfriends who beat the shit out of them yet they defend their man "But Dana really loves me, he does all these good things for me, I mean, its not his fault that someones he gets angry and says mean things, or pulls my hair, or hits me...he loves me and I love him. People talking shit on Dana need to **** OFF (Haggis now sobbing) you don't see his good side!! He helps all these people! Dana I love you! Come and bareback me Dana!" Haggis McJackass...final quote before being beaten to death by Dana, due to not paying for a live stream....

Beouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum