Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #46
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239
Default Re: Haye: "Vitali is Boente's puppet, he does what he is told"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
cash cow of europe, not internationally which is the stage the klit's are proven on.

good luck trying to sell that
Premium network Epix bought the rights to show the fight. It was shown on the jumbotron in times square. Wald is banned from NYC. It was the biggest HW fight of the year and a title wasn't even on the line.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #47
HoldMyBeer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Premium network Epix bought the rights to show the fight. It was shown on the jumbotron in times square. Wald is banned from NYC. It was the biggest HW fight of the year and a title wasn't even on the line.
why is he banned from NYC?
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #48
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
Not my post but:

Posted this elsewhere, guess now's a good time to expand on it a little.
Below is a list of boxers who have had trouble negotiating with the Klitschkos:

Tua - "Lowball offer"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Tua hasn't been relevant in the division in 10 years, what does/did he deserve really?

Toney - "Chump Change"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Same as Tua, hasn't done squat in the division in nearly 10 years

Dimitrenko - "Mutual benificial terms, not those being offered by K2"
Dimitrenko, yeah ok

Adamek - "The Klitschko brothers offer their opponents little money. If they want to fight me and offer the right amount of money, I will fight them."
Yet he signed the contract and fought at home

Lennox Lewis -
Lewis: At one time, we tried to make this fight and his promoter was lying to the Klitschko brothers and overpriced himself trying to get extra money. I feel good and confident about the fight and I am ready to go.
It's well documented Lewis tried to side-step Vitali, first with Tyson, then Johnson, then he ducked the rematch and a ton of money

Maybe they learned from an old promoter eh?

Mormeck - asking for "too much money" -
Another one that signed the deal quickly after all

Haye - "contract an utter joke"
What was a joke was David's performance in the ring and getting 50/50 for it

Povetkin - "Slave Contract"
Well documented that Sauerland didn't want to send Povetkin to the slaughter, despite career payday

Valuev - "Conditions which were offered by Vitali which didn't satisfy my promoters or me"
Conditions didn't satisfy greedy Don King. Valuev was ready to sign no problem. DK said no, then yes after the offer expired

Chisora - signing a 3 fight deal he was "told to keep silent about"
Yet he signed it didn't he? No one put a gun to his head. Unfortunately for him, his antics cost him a good chunk of his purse as well as his license.

Byrd - "This is crazy"
Yet he fights 3 fights against K2

Briggs 2006 - "Shelly Finkel and Wladimir Klitschko @$#@$#ed me, The contract that they sent me to fight Wlad was so thick and had so much red tape that it would have put me into slavery."
Briggs had nothing by praise for Vitali/K2. His own management/team screwed him.

Solis - “The offer we got from the Klitschko side are not what we have been expecting. In addition they don’t want to comply to any of our requests. We have made a counter offer but so far they didn’t respond to that"
Solis was a mandatory, he had a guaranteed split. K2 did not have to comply with any requests Solis even voluntarily signed a 3 fight deal to increase his purse

Fury - “The thing is with the Klitschkos, yeah, it’s all their way or no way. They want to give me peanuts to fight, them, yeah, they want it in Germany, they want options on me. They want everything — they want it all their own way. So why would I do that?"
Fury has openly said he's not ready

Replace the * with the scene to view link.

So are they cowards? Should they be grateful? Are they fools for passing up a great opportunity?
Or are they looking at the K2 contracts and thinking "Is this a joke?".

Discuss.

*Edited to add Chris Byrd, Briggs, Solis, Fury
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #49
Fight News
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

CHEF will duck the thread now the Klitschko's have been exposed.
Fight News is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #50
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
why is he banned from NYC?
Not welcome back after the Sultan fight.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #51
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Of course they sign the deal!! Where else can they go?? K2 knows this which is why they offer these shitty contracts!

This is what I hate about klitfans. In your eyes has k2 EVER done something wrong, and has he EVER offered someone a shitty contract???
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #52
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
Of course they sign the deal!! Where else can they go?? K2 knows this which is why they offer these shitty contracts!

This is what I hate about klitfans. In your eyes has k2 EVER done something wrong, and has he EVER offered someone a shitty contract???
What exactly is so shitty? The career high payday, fighting in a full soccer stadium, the rematch clause (which is normal for a champ to have?), the chance to unify the titles guaranteed in the contract?

It's only shitty because they don't have a shot in hell at winning.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #53
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Wlad also will never fight in the US again in case he cant use his personal ref who allows him to repeatadly foul.........

“The people who run the building came to us and asked us to bring a Klitschko fight to the Barclays Center,” Boente said in the article. “When we said yes, they said we had to take Golden Boy as a co-promoter. We’re not going to do that.

“I don’t want to do a co-promotion with an American who has nothing to do with the Klitschkos. Why should we? We’re about to do our seventh stadium event"

“It’s pretty simple,” Schaefer said by telephone from Los Angeles on Wednesday. “We have a multi-year deal with the Barclays Center. We made a commitment to bring boxing to Brooklyn. Opening night is Oct. 20. It’s a big event with fighters signing autographs, and a red carpet. That night is not about Golden Boy Promotions. It’s not about the Klitschkos. It’s about Brooklyn and bringing boxing to Brooklyn.

“This is all part of a bigger picture. For the Klitschkos to think they can show up, steal the show for one night and then leave town and not show up again, they’re a bit naïve.”

Schaefer said he has no problem working with Boente and the Klitschkos, who have their own promotions company, K2. But he said the Klitschkos aren’t interested in doing a co-promotion. Co-promotions are not an unusual occurrence in boxing, unless egos get in the way.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #54
HoldMyBeer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What exactly is so shitty? The career high payday, fighting in a full soccer stadium, the rematch clause (which is normal for a champ to have?), the chance to unify the titles guaranteed in the contract?

HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #55
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

bullshit. Which other champs from other divisions gets so regularly criticized for their ''slave contracts''. I'm not even saying Haye is right or wrong. And yea most of the guys up there on the list said that to explain ducking the klits coz they knew they aren't ready. But the common sense inside you MUST admit that for this many fighters to say the same thing about negotiations with K2, SOMETHING must be going on?

Or do you really think its because the klits are SOOOOOOOOO GREAT and SOOOO amazing, that everybody KNOWS they're gonna get smashed and thats why they say the contracts are shitty?
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #56
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wlad also will never fight in the US again in case he cant use his personal ref who allows him to repeatadly foul.........

“The people who run the building came to us and asked us to bring a Klitschko fight to the Barclays Center,” Boente said in the article. “When we said yes, they said we had to take Golden Boy as a co-promoter. We’re not going to do that.

“I don’t want to do a co-promotion with an American who has nothing to do with the Klitschkos. Why should we? We’re about to do our seventh stadium event"

“It’s pretty simple,” Schaefer said by telephone from Los Angeles on Wednesday. “We have a multi-year deal with the Barclays Center. We made a commitment to bring boxing to Brooklyn. Opening night is Oct. 20. It’s a big event with fighters signing autographs, and a red carpet. That night is not about Golden Boy Promotions. It’s not about the Klitschkos. It’s about Brooklyn and bringing boxing to Brooklyn.

“This is all part of a bigger picture. For the Klitschkos to think they can show up, steal the show for one night and then leave town and not show up again, they’re a bit naïve.”

Schaefer said he has no problem working with Boente and the Klitschkos, who have their own promotions company, K2. But he said the Klitschkos aren’t interested in doing a co-promotion. Co-promotions are not an unusual occurrence in boxing, unless egos get in the way.
Well this is a new one Who exactly would this personal ref be?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #57
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

maybe he meant his personal chef?
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #58
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
bullshit. Which other champs from other divisions gets so regularly criticized for their ''slave contracts''. I'm not even saying Haye is right or wrong. And yea most of the guys up there on the list said that to explain ducking the klits coz they knew they aren't ready. But the common sense inside you MUST admit that for this many fighters to say the same thing about negotiations with K2, SOMETHING must be going on?

Or do you really think its because the klits are SOOOOOOOOO GREAT and SOOOO amazing, that everybody KNOWS they're gonna get smashed and thats why they say the contracts are shitty?
Which other champs in other divisions dominate to the extent that K2 does, and has their own promotional company?

If the contracts are so shitty, then they don't have to sign them do they? The majority of those in that list however signed, some more than once.....so it can't be that bad.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #59
crippet
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
im being totally honest.... its dealing with team Haye... so many ups and downs with that guy and contracts over the years..... . I do know Haye has had at least 2 chances to fight Vitali and didn't .... im not sure what happening now.... IMO I dont think Vitali is talking Haye now because he is deciding if he still has the fire in him to keep fighting.

I totally agree with everyone that a Haye Vitali fight would be cool.... but Vitali needs to decide if he wants to fight FIRST... then if he does they will pick the who, what where and why... fighting Haye or NOT fighting Haye has nothing to do with Vitali deciding if he wants to retire... 2 different things...

like I said..Retire or NOT retire FIRST, then if fighting on, who, what ETC

Boente doesnt make final decisions about fights. Boente, Vitali, Finkle, and Fritz decide what, where, who, why
That is an immensely important factor - And if Vitali decides not to fight anymore, it should be respected
crippet is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #60
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Against Brewster he had 3 warnings by the ref before round 2. With the correct officiating he was able to work inside and take Wlad out. He can foul all night long since going to Germany and not recieve a single warning. Its a disgrace.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum