Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #76
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Why is mundines mouth worse than these blokes actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Lack of humility. The man doesnt know the meaning of humble. Maybe he is a great guy behind closed doors but when youre so far up yourself in the public eye it doesnt matter whether your black, white or green Australians wont like you.

It has however made him extremely rich. Hes not stupid.
problem is, now he realises he wants respect.

after such a long journey, he is hurt that few people respect him.

money can't buy that though unfortunately.

he doesn't want to believe that he himself is to blame for that.
buster007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #77
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Many would remember Steffensen's effort last year in the Stawell Gift when he ran dead after realising he wasn't making up any ground on the front markers.
Steffensen tore his hamstring in the final and couldn't run for a further two months after the Stawell Gift, which gave him virtually zero opportunities to run an A qualifying 400m time prior to the Olympic selection cut-off.

His semi final run in the Stawell Gift was exceptional!

Last edited by dominator; 02-03-2013 at 04:58 AM.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #78
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
Firstly i do like mundine and sometimes bump into him and he is a top bloke.
We all know the camera image isnt really him.
We all know he lost the other night.
We all know he rubs most the wrong way.
But lance armstrong the drug cheat,ben cousins the drug ****ed tool,brendon fevola the wanker,tiger woods the cheater,shane warne the cheater,lleyton hewitt the serial pest etc all seem to go through life without many problems after the shit hits the fan.
Mundines loud mouth gets to all of us more than the real actions of the above cheats.
Approx 80% of his twitter replys and facebook replys end in co%n or black c%nt,or abbo or another form of racism.
So i want to know how empty shallow words from a boxers mouth get more attention and more hatred than any of the above......i know exactly what it is but ill see what you blokes put out there....
I don't know why people like you and (Mundine himself) can't seem to grasp the simple concept that if he insists on acting like a cunt in the public eye, the public will think he's a cunt.

It's simple cause and effect theory bazil, nothing more.

In regards to the other sportsmen you've mentioned - pretty much all of them took the hint after being found out for doing the wrong thing and employed humility to keep a low profile - when was the last time you heard much in the media about Cousins, Fevola and Woods? Armstrong has been all over the news with his confession, but soon he too will fade into obscurity because his PR people have told him he needs to keep a low profile and things will blow over.

Warney was back in the news for his carry-on in the 20/20 game, but he got panned by the media and public alike for acting like a dickhead.

Hewitt has even shown that he's quite a competent tennis commentator, so people have newfound respect for him.

Mundine just looks for ways to be controversial, says dumb shit to stir people up, hides behind the excuse that he's doing it to promote ticket sales, then has a sook because everyone thinks he's a wanker. He wants to grow thicker skin if he can't handle what is a perfectly natural reaction to such behaviour. I think the fact that he whinges about the way people react to his behaviour only adds to people's dislike of him, because he's not a cartoon bad guy like someone in WWE who can take the hate, he's a bitter little narcissist who demands the world loves him and then cries when people don't.

The racist comments directed towards him on facebook and twitter aren't right either, but no doubt they only fuel his belief that everyone hates him because he is Aboriginal, which is also wrong, and is a coward's way of dealing/accepting that people don't like him.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #79
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Warney was back in the news for his carry-on in the 20/20 game, but he got panned by the media and public alike for acting like a dickhead.

dont try and talk sense to a mundine retard....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #80
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The Mundine Circus for Years has milked Australian Boxing,his Trash talking and constant Mouthing and Disrespecting of some of our greatest athletes and His adoring fans constantly saying it's all a sham to make Money he is a good bloke etc etc.

Well that may be true but what happens when the Circus is over and you leave with pockets full of money what are you left with,you are left with a empty Bitterness because Fans and the Press and Joe Public dont respect you at the time while you were raking in the money it was a great lurk,but now that your career is coming to an end it's a bit hard to swallow that you have achieved Nothing in the Big scheme of things,%90 of the Public have no respect for You most of His Peers have little time for him the Press are not going to help because while his arrogance and Vitriole sells fights it was always going to come back and bite Him on the arse Big Time.

That time is now he will retire as one of the most hated sportsmen that Australia has ever produced,done OK out of Boxing but on the world Stage he would hardly cause a ripple,unlike the Great indigenous Fighters like Rose,Sands and even Thompson Choc will retire and be remembered and judged very harshly,and he only has himself to blame.!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #81
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
But lance armstrong the drug cheat,ben cousins the drug ****ed tool,brendon fevola the wanker,tiger woods the cheater,shane warne the cheater,lleyton hewitt the serial pest etc all seem to go through life without many problems after the shit hits the fan.
Mundines loud mouth gets to all of us more than the real actions of the above cheats.
Approx 80% of his twitter replys and facebook replys end in co%n or black c%nt,or abbo or another form of racism.
So i want to know how empty shallow words from a boxers mouth get more attention and more hatred than any of they above......i know exactly what it is but ill see what you blokes put out there....

I know what you mean as well and its. wrong , but in all fairness I've heared woods being referred to as black C&;t as well .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #82
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Bas I respect what your saying here & see where your at..............anything racist to me is ignorant & unacceptable & here lies the problem I have with mandy........what he said about Geale regarding his heritage, his white woman & white kids bullshit.......totally unacceptable.......what he said with regards to the 9/11 bombings in the US....totally unacceptable.......the attack the other day on Artie Beetson referring to him as an uncle tom........totally acceptable.......this is all coming from a man that uses racism as the main reason he left Rugby League.........I don't care for what he has to say about other fighters in a fight build up but he seems not to be able to put any logic & intelligence on when & where he should n shouldn't open his mouth......its got nothing to do with his heritage when I diss him.........its his ignorant big mouth & lack of respect for others.......you say its not him its for the camera's.........well when you see him next tell him the country hates him because of him..........don't blame anything else.......he made his bed, now he has to lie in it.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #83
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Steffensen tore his hamstring in the final and couldn't run for a further two months after the Stawell Gift, which gave him virtually zero opportunities to run an A qualifying 400m time prior to the Olympic selection cut-off.

His semi final run in the Stawell Gift was exceptional!
Might have given him a bad rap re the Stawell Gift final.
Agree it was a very good run in his semi to qualify him as back marker in the final.
Although he did complete the journey, most runners would have stopped if they had badly tweaked their hammy.
Stand by the rest of my comments.
Anyone who pulls the " Race card " because they've got their nose out of joint over selection matters loses it for me. And this bloke has prior form.

He still got a free trip to London and a start in the heats of the
4 x 400 metre relay.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #84
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

With reference to the Beetson remark I left the un out it -..........totally unacceptable having a go at a man who initial the inargural indigineous all stars game.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #85
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

mundine the roy jones jnr of aussie boxing ?
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #86
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
mundine the roy jones jnr of aussie boxing ?
rjj AFTER he fought mason dixon...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #87
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So i want to know how empty shallow words from a boxers mouth get more attention and more hatred than any of the above......i know exactly what it is but ill see what you blokes put out there....

this is easy..sport unites us as a country of mixed races... mundine opens his mouth to build hatred towards him and others and calls it racism and it divides sports...its the weakest act a person can do...its low.....other sportsman have bounced back becasue the public love story's of redemption..but with anthony mundine its been all about hate for all races and no love for anyone .... where is the aussie spirit ?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #88
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
this is easy..sport unites us as a country of mixed races... mundine opens his mouth to build hatred towards him and others and calls it racism and it divides sports...its the weakest act a person can do...its low.....other sportsman have bounced back becasue the public love story's of redemption..but with anthony mundine its been all about hate for all races and no love for anyone .... where is the aussie spirit ?
He doesnt consider himself australian. Australia is nation of 'haters' and we are all 'infidels' 'c rackers' 'whiteys and 'uncle toms'.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #89
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

even indigenous aussies have had enough ! ...
Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #90
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Thumbs down Re: Why is mundines mouth worse than these blokes actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I don't know why people like you and (Mundine himself) can't seem to grasp the simple concept that if he insists on acting like a cunt in the public eye, the public will think he's a cunt.

It's simple cause and effect theory bazil, nothing more.

In regards to the other sportsmen you've mentioned - pretty much all of them took the hint after being found out for doing the wrong thing and employed humility to keep a low profile - when was the last time you heard much in the media about Cousins, Fevola and Woods? Armstrong has been all over the news with his confession, but soon he too will fade into obscurity because his PR people have told him he needs to keep a low profile and things will blow over.

Hewitt has even shown that he's quite a competent tennis commentator, so people have newfound respect for him.

Mundine just looks for ways to be controversial, says dumb shit to stir people up, hides behind the excuse that he's doing it to promote ticket sales, then has a sook because everyone thinks he's a wanker. He wants to grow thicker skin if he can't handle what is a perfectly natural reaction to such behaviour. I think the fact that he whinges about the way people react to his behaviour only adds to people's dislike of him, because he's not a cartoon bad guy like someone in WWE who can take the hate, he's a bitter little narcissist who demands the world loves him and then cries when people don't.

The racist comments directed towards him on facebook and twitter aren't right either, but no doubt they only fuel his belief that everyone hates him because he is Aboriginal, which is also wrong, and is a coward's way of dealing/accepting that people don't like him.
A lot of great posts in this thread, this one especially.

It's interesting that those of us often labelled "haters" by Mundine fans can offer such calm and logical reasons to why we, and others have an issue with him, however I'm yet to see one Mundine fan put a decent case forward supporting his actions
kflex101 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum