Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: ..Mundine is a genius!

Yep some might think I am crazy but I think there is a real chance that Sam will fight mundine for the vacant ibf title . If geale vacates of course , which is possible because I think he has no interest in fighting Sam or he would of done it already .
Left hook is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
4n20
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left hook View Post
Sorry but I don't think so . I think geale unlike mundine is serious when he says he has bigger fish to fry . I think he will drop the ibf strap and take a fight in the states on hbo with golovkin or pirog. The ibf strap will become vacant with Sam getting first crack at it and the man in the other corner will be none other then mundine . That's my thoughts and I think there is a genuine chance of it happening . If for some reason geale fights mundine again it will be non title as surely the ibf will have to strip him if he don't face Sam . Mundine vs green at light heavy please I don't think so green has not been below I think 82 when he fought jones . Can't see him making 79 again Infact I think he would struggle to make 82 . He seems comfortable at 85 , 86
Why would GGG want to fight Geale if Geale has no strap?

Geale needs a belt to attract a big name fight in the States.

Geale should just get his mandatory out of the way and then fry the bigger fish.
4n20 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
4n20
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left hook View Post
Yep some might think I am crazy but I think there is a real chance that Sam will fight mundine for the vacant ibf title . If geale vacates of course , which is possible because I think he has no interest in fighting Sam or he would of done it already .
Geale could've already fought GGG if he had an interest to do so.
4n20 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He had no interest in fighting golovkin recently as a safer , better paying fight in mundine landed on his lap . Gary shaw has plenty of influence if he wants the shot at golovkin he will get belt or no belt . Belts don't make fighters , fighters make the belts . Belts mean **** all once you start to make a name or noise in your division . Geale may not be a big name but being a former unified champ at middle everyone in the divisions knows who he is .
Left hook is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #20
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Fair bit if buzz about Geale up here , he was known here already after the two fights in Germany and after his dismantling of Mundine that was shown here on BoxNation he has solidified his standing and is being talked about as options for he divisional top dogs as HE is now regarded as one himself , the fact that Geale has archived more and become more popular in the boxing world in less than two years speaks volumes of the kids intent , I would be very surprised if he fought Choc again , pointless really , Just fight Danny boy and the millions will take care of themselves . Did Lenny Lewis fight the two losses he reversed for a third time ? No and it didn't do his career or bank balance any harm .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Fair bit if buzz about Geale up here , he was known here already after the two fights in Germany and after his dismantling of Mundine that was shown here on BoxNation he has solidified his standing and is being talked about as options for he divisional top dogs as HE is now regarded as one himself , the fact that Geale has archived more and become more popular in the boxing world in less than two years speaks volumes of the kids intent , I would be very surprised if he fought Choc again , pointless really , Just fight Danny boy and the millions will take care of themselves . Did Lenny Lewis fight the two losses he reversed for a third time ? No and it didn't do his career or bank balance any harm .
Great post Create a legacy not a Circus Daniel.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Exactly , legacy will be assured if Danny fights his contemporaries in the middle weight division , win lose or draw if he fights ***y , GGG , Macklin etc he will still go down as an excellent Australian scrapper and minted to boot , potentially Geale has the world at his feet , he could be home and hosed within five fights a GENUINE retired ATG ledgend of Aussie boxing .
Old 02-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Exactly , legacy will be assured if Danny fights his contemporaries in the middle weight division , win lose or draw if he fights ***y , GGG , Macklin etc he will still go down as an excellent Australian scrapper and minted to boot , potentially Geale has the world at his feet , he could be home and hosed within five fights a GENUINE retired ATG ledgend of Aussie boxing .
I agree
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Thanks for the props lads but SOX runs Geale's career from here on in not me , whomever he says Danny fights next I'm cool and the gang with .
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #25
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the props lads but SOX runs Geale's career from here on in not me , whomever he says Danny fights next I'm cool and the gang with .
I'm cool with those choices.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #26
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
He needs to do what Choc never did after beating Green and Soliman in the 2nd bout... Try and conquer the world, No shame in losing as long as he has a go, If he goes back to fighting Africans for his defences ill be pretty upset. He has a very good chance against any of the top fighters.
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum