Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #31
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: england
Posts: 3,375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
The only people who think Collazo is slick are Hatton fans.

He wasn't so slick against a past peak Mosely (someone who could box) who spent all of his best years at lightweight.
collazo did get a nasty injury in that fight.

proven by the fact that he didn't box for the rest of the year.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 03:33 AM   #32
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
your comment was no opponent in hatton's career had one iota of what floyd had.

i disagree.

obviously u can't replicate a tremendous boxer like floyd.

but collazo does have some traits in his style.

namely the fast hands.
No he does not. The difference between PBF and Collazo is like night and day. It is like saying Ajose Olusegun and Jamie Moore have the same skillsets. The only thing the popular Jamie Moore and Ajose Olusegun have is that they are southpaws, one has skills the other will never have.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #33
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
No he does not. The difference between PBF and Collazo is like night and day. It is like saying Ajose Olusegun and Jamie Moore have the same skillsets. The only thing the popular Jamie Moore and Ajose Olusegun have is that they are southpaws, one has skills the other will never have.
Olu thats what i mean about saying the wrong things.. I think Moore has very good skill, he makes room for devestating body shots and throws some fantastic combinations. He also keeps his guard high at all times... A very good professional fighter but you constantly dig at him on here- why? It goes without saying Olu that I respect you and your fighter but to criticise a good pro like Jamie when you turn in pretty flawed performances in your last two bouts is silly.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #34
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Moore is awesome to watch, seriously, is there a more entertaining fighter in the UK right now?
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #35
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Moore is awesome to watch, seriously, is there a more entertaining fighter in the UK right now?
Watched him and been a fan since the amateurs and he has always been the same- seriously entertaining. He has a methodical way about him and I find that so good to watch.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #36
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Olu thats what i mean about saying the wrong things.. I think Moore has very good skill, he makes room for devestating body shots and throws some fantastic combinations. He also keeps his guard high at all times... A very good professional fighter but you constantly dig at him on here- why? It goes without saying Olu that I respect you and your fighter but to criticise a good pro like Jamie when you turn in pretty flawed performances in your last two bouts is silly.

Jeff - good on you for coming to Moore's defence (again!)

Over the past few days I've been fighting another respected pro's corner and reputation after numerous attempts to discredit him in the Wright v Olusegun thread - I daren't mention said boxers name or it will probably set Mr Olu off again.
elle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #37
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Olu thats what i mean about saying the wrong things.. I think Moore has very good skill, he makes room for devestating body shots and throws some fantastic combinations. He also keeps his guard high at all times... A very good professional fighter but you constantly dig at him on here- why? It goes without saying Olu that I respect you and your fighter but to criticise a good pro like Jamie when you turn in pretty flawed performances in your last two bouts is silly.
Jeff I am not criticising Jamie Moore or for that matter Luiz Collazo who are both pretty good fighters at a certain level. However I think it is fair to say that both will not be considered elite level.

Jamie Moore is excellent at domestic level /European level however I feel he struggles in genuine international class e.g. I point to the Ossie Duran contest.

The point I am making is when people starting attributing qualities to fighters they don't have basically because they like them. Maybe I am bit blunt about this things but the truth is that any genuine and honest appraisal of Hatton and his record/opponents indicated that he was being credited with acclaim and qualities he does not possess.

Hatton is a very good pressure fighter in a similar vein to Jeff Fenech but he does not have the skill level of Roberto Duran and or Julio Cesar Chavez. Then for Hatton Fan Man poster to claim that Collazo had some similar skills to PBF is 100% wrong. That is not to denigrate Collazo bit it so clearly off the mark.

I am not saying Jamie has not got some good skills because he has however he has not got the bag of tricks, versatility and dynamism let us say Junior Witter and Ajose Olusegun can produce. Before anybody asks no I don't like Junior Witter and would be rooting for Hatton if they fought but if asked I think Witter would win. Gives me no pleasure to say and hope I am wrong but I don't call fights on sentiment.

Last edited by Mercury4; 02-12-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #38
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Moore is awesome to watch, seriously, is there a more entertaining fighter in the UK right now?
Jamie Moore is very entertaining to watch. I think this is as due as much to his qualities as his flaws making for entertaining fights.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Jeff - good on you for coming to Moore's defence (again!)

Over the past few days I've been fighting another respected pro's corner and reputation after numerous attempts to discredit him in the Wright v Olusegun thread - I daren't mention said boxers name or it will probably set Mr Olu off again.
Please stop talking about and defending your hero who refuses to fight after signing for contests only to pull out. I don't need to discredit it him he has already done that himself by his actions. Please don't refer to him when we are talking about real fighters like the deservedly popular Jamie Moore, Ajose Olusegun, Ricky Hatton, Junior Witter and Luiz Collazo.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #40
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Jamie Moore against Ossie Duran does not provide an acurrate assesment of Moores level- he was injured. The fight between Macklin and Moore was world class and proved Jamie has every tool required to compete at world level.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #41
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Again Olu i like you- don't want to argue but If you say something I don't agree with then I gotta chirp up lol.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #42
jc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 419
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Hatton did spend too much time defending against nobodies for the WBU, i think ****** had a lot to do with this, he was sellling 16 to 20 thousand tickets for fights against Smith, Rowsell etc, I think he could have been fighting in real world title fights around the time he was fighting the joe hutchinsons of the world.

The fact is he DID eventually step it up, he beat the real champ in Tszyu and has fought some good fighters since, he got sparked by the best welter in the world and prob the best boxer period in the world, but he does have a win over future HOFer Castillo, and his wins over Callazao, Urango and Maussa are underrated they were no great but legitamate top 10 fighters and 'world title holders'.

However Ricky hasnt got long left and fights against the likes of that south african fella just dont cut it, especially when he has a rival like Jnr Witter waiting for him. his next fight sounds like a easy way to get another shiny belt to show off down the pub to his mates.
jc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #43
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Jamie Moore against Ossie Duran does not provide an acurrate assesment of Moores level- he was injured. The fight between Macklin and Moore was world class and proved Jamie has every tool required to compete at world level.
I enjoyed the contest very much between him and Macklin and it was great to watch. They are great lads and tough boys but I don't think Moore was world class though he might definitely be the best in Britain in his division right now though Bradley Pryce has improved lately.

Moore might get a world title shot but I am not convinced he will win. In fact I doubt however if I am wrong I will put my hands up. Hell I hope I am wrong as from what I have seen he is a thoroughly nice and decent lad and a game fighter as well.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #44
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Again Olu i like you- don't want to argue but If you say something I don't agree with then I gotta chirp up lol.
Jeff I don't expect everyone to agree with me. The variety of different views and opinions adds to the enlightenment and enjoyment of this great game we all love.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #45
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
I enjoyed the contest very much between him and Macklin and it was great to watch. They are great lads and tough boys but I don't think Moore was world class though he might definitely be the best in Britain in his division right now though Bradley Pryce has improved lately.

Moore might get a world title shot but I am not convinced he will win. In fact I doubt however if I am wrong I will put my hands up. Hell I hope I am wrong as from what I have seen he is a thoroughly nice and decent lad and a game fighter as well.
EXCELLENT fight.It was just a dam shame for Macklin who got stretchered out. Iv still yet to figure out why Billy Graham thought Macklin could fight the same way Hatton used to. It was frenetic pace and the poor kid simply couldnt keep up.

Moore is the best in Britain at his weight but world class? No way. His fringe at best.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013