Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton's prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Please stop talking about and defending your hero who refuses to fight after signing for contests only to pull out. I don't need to discredit it him he has already done that himself by his actions. Please don't refer to him when we are talking about real fighters like the deservedly popular Jamie Moore, Ajose Olusegun, Ricky Hatton, Junior Witter and Luiz Collazo.
Here we go again.

With respect I'd rather you didn't suggest which boxers I should talk about or refer to.

If I see a decent pro who has hardly put a foot wrong in recent fights being constantly derided on here I am not the sort of poster who is likely to let it go unchallenged.
elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2008, 05:33 PM   #47
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Here we go again.

With respect I'd rather you didn't suggest which boxers I should talk about or refer to.

If I see a decent pro who has hardly put a foot wrong in recent fights being constantly derided on here I am not the sort of poster who is likely to let it go unchallenged.
Sorry Elle but I have to speak when you defend the indefensible. I cannot consider you know who a decent pro for reasons already given.You may think I am being hard but as the saying goes if the cap fits. You like which is your prerogative. I cannot stand him the only time I will respect is when he gets in with his nemesis confronts his fear and take his beating like a man instead of running scared like a Jessica and a girl.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #48
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
EXCELLENT fight.It was just a dam shame for Macklin who got stretchered out. Iv still yet to figure out why Billy Graham thought Macklin could fight the same way Hatton used to. It was frenetic pace and the poor kid simply couldnt keep up.

Moore is the best in Britain at his weight but world class? No way. His fringe at best.
Scurlaruntings I don't believe it we are in agreement finally all thanks to popular Jamie Moore.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #49
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Scurla that was boxing at its finest... and it wasn't a case of two cart horses making a race, it was high quality defence and offence from a well schooled and dare i say world class operator. Lets see how next year goes but i'm sold on Jamie moore and have been for a long time.

Last edited by dre; 02-12-2007 at 05:40 PM.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #50
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Scurla that was boxing at its finest... and it wasn't a case of two cart horses making a race, it was high quality defence and offence from a well schooled and dare i say world class operator. Lets see how next year goes but i'm sold on Jamie moore and have been for a long time.
He wont achieve much more than Steve Roberts did at a fringe world title level although Roberts made way to many defences of the paltry WBF. He was ranked 10th by "The Ring" for a short period but when he made that step up he was found wanting against Andrei Pestriaev.

I like Moore alot. His fought everyone there is domestically.But he has found his level. He wont be shaking up the world scene anytime if at all.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #51
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Sorry Elle but I have to speak when you defend the indefensible. I cannot consider you know who a decent pro for reasons already given.You may think I am being hard but as the saying goes if the cap fits. You like which is your prerogative. I cannot stand him the only time I will respect is when he gets in with his nemesis confronts his fear and take his beating like a man instead of running scared like a Jessica and a girl.

Mr Olu - please let me be the judge of who/what I should/shouldn't defend.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine and I try to be a fair minded poster.

I am not particularly interested in private feuds between fighters camps which, reading between the lines, appears to be what is behind your prolonged attacks.
elle is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #52
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine and I try to be a fair minded poster.

I am not particularly interested in private feuds between fighters camps which, reading between the lines, appears to be what is behind your prolonged attacks.
Don't get involved with scur, he will slag hatton of to the end of days even when he beats witter he will slag him off.
john b is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #53
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Jamie Moore is better than Steve Roberts ever was. Moore isnt a world champion though imo, he is exciting and can win impressively at the level he is fighting at. He has weaknesses that the world class light middles would take advantage of though...maybe if the right 'title holder' came along at the right time he could grab a belt, I cant see him achieving much more than he has though.
jc is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
Don't get involved with scur, he will slag hatton of to the end of days even when he beats witter he will slag him off.
You might want to read her post first. She was referring to Olu you tit.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #55
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
You might want to read her post first. She was referring to Olu you tit.
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #56
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

With regard to the original question, does anybody here believe Ricky Hatton can go on to enjoy some kind of 2nd prime? A sort of boxing career Indian summer?
If he just fades away (like Naz), I believe he would end up being remembered for the PBF loss as much, if not more than the Tzsyu win, which would be a shame.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #57
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
With regard to the original question, does anybody here believe Ricky Hatton can go on to enjoy some kind of 2nd prime? A sort of boxing career Indian summer?
If he just fades away (like Naz), I believe he would end up being remembered for the PBF loss as much, if not more than the Tzsyu win, which would be a shame.
It depends, if he beats two out of Witter, Diaz and Pauli M then he'll go down as having a good career at 140.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #58
TFFP

vCash:

Hatton's prime was a very short period

The Tszyu fight he was at his physical and mental peak. He will never fight close to that level again, due to being one of the lads

His style is based around having excellent fitness and stamina, both of which have been questionable since that fight

He probably could have fought some meaningful fights beforehand

His peak has come and gone
Old 02-14-2008, 03:44 AM   #59
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
I actually hope I am wrong but I suspect his time might have come and gone. We need to see if can recover from the comprehensive beating PBF gave him.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:47 AM   #60
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Mr Elle my views on that fighter are well known and as are the reasons. I don't want to change your opinions as variety adds to the gaiety of the nation.

To have a feud would suggest that there is something worth have a feud about which I don't believe is warranted as regards the fighter you are referring to. I am sorry but that is just the way I feel. As you know I feel strongly about this.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum