Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #1
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 1233
Default I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Dos Santos ices him in 1. I've said it from the start and i stand by it more than ever.
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Lets just make one thing clear. If the Reem was still on ROIDS he would have crushed bigfoot. ROIDreem is the best HW in the division. When he isn't on ROIDS he doesn't know how to change his game plan. His arrogance and the reason he kept his hands down was because he could KO with the extra power and 150% more insurance that comes with his 'special sauce'.
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

I cant believe you didnt make this thread before Silva kodded Reem

Youda man...
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 1233
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I cant believe you didnt make this thread before Silva kodded Reem

Youda man...
my posts on the numerous reem/jds threads back me up...bruh.

plus i knew reem was a hype job but i honestly thought he was at least good enough to beat bigfoot
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Reem got ****y and got caught .
That's it . He was clearly 2 rounds up .

Arrogance has cost him a title shot . I expect reem v jds to be made next fight
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 1233
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
Reem got ****y and got caught .
That's it . He was clearly 2 rounds up .

Arrogance has cost him a title shot . I expect reem v jds to be made next fight
Bigfoot made it clear his plan was to bring him into the 2nd and 3rd so if anything he gave the first round to him on purpose knowing he would gas.

I hope to god JDS/Reem happens next. Cigano will highlight reel him so bad it will instantly give him his rubber match with Cain.
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
my posts on the numerous reem/jds threads back me up...bruh.

plus i knew reem was a hype job but i honestly thought he was at least good enough to beat bigfoot
Well I will humbley stand corrected and give you your dues fella

And I was guilty of agreeing with the second sentence...
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

So the former K-1 champion is a hype job. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Well I will humbley stand corrected and give you your dues fella

And I was guilty of agreeing with the second sentence...
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

No Mali, the former K-1 Champ is a beast in strinking but still has his weakness' and isnt infallible because he won a relatively weak K-1 tourney...all due respect

It's 100% his own fault he lost against Silva, a major part of that is the lack of respect he showed to Big Foot. Bit ironic your criticism about me for doing the same...
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #10
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,146
vCash: 1233
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliSlamusrex View Post
So the former K-1 champion is a hype job. That makes a whole lot of sense.
well i should of said unwarranted hype. the guys resume was poor really and all of a sudden he was gonna ice Cain and JDS and reign forever.

And that k-1 champ couldn't out-strike a 300pound giant who moves like he has arthritis. Overeem was talking so much shit on JDS after his loss its only right he takes a hilariously ugly stoppage loss. And in hindsight i would even wager Cain outstrikes this k-1 god. I really don't rate bigfoots striking or chin highly and i don't think Overeem ever put him in trouble.
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #11
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Devestating loss. I thought Reem was going to take him down in the last round and smother him for the win.

Reem v Velasquez would have been epic
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 349
vCash: 1300
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

I think fighters have got to stop under estimating big foot.
globeman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #13
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Fair enough, the Reem is a little hyped. I still think if he was taking his regiment of horse tranquilizers he would still have a chance. He gassed because he wasn't on his 'regiment'. When he couldn't dominate with his extra strength his game plan went out the window. When the Reem won the K-1 title he basically overpowered his opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
well i should of said unwarranted hype. the guys resume was poor really and all of a sudden he was gonna ice Cain and JDS and reign forever.

And that k-1 champ couldn't out-strike a 300pound giant who moves like he has arthritis. Overeem was talking so much shit on JDS after his loss its only right he takes a hilariously ugly stoppage loss. And in hindsight i would even wager Cain outstrikes this k-1 god. I really don't rate bigfoots striking or chin highly and i don't think Overeem ever put him in trouble.
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
Mister T
Conquer....
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Overeem struggles against opponents that put up a fight. Junior would make him run away like he did against Kharitonov. Cigano gonna hit em with that uppercut and Overeem gonna realize that he don't want none of that.
Mister T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #15
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

I was actually trying to quote Derloc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
No Mali, the former K-1 Champ is a beast in strinking but still has his weakness' and isnt infallible because he won a relatively weak K-1 tourney...all due respect

It's 100% his own fault he lost against Silva, a major part of that is the lack of respect he showed to Big Foot. Bit ironic your criticism about me for doing the same...
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013