Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #31
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: I cant believe people said Overeem would KO Cigano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Honestly I dont know why people are calling reem a hype job? Hes had one of the longest careers of anyone active today, he is one of the greatest mma fighters of all time, noone else in mma could go to k1 and win a gp be it a shit one or not, just as no one in k1 has come over to mma and won any decent titles, although I think spong will do very well.

Reem clearly didnt train well for Silva, he wasnt focused and he got KO'd but to call him a hype job is completely ridiculous, if he is trained and focused for a fight he can still beat anyone in the world. I think moving to US was a mistake, in Holland he had less distractions and seem more focused, either way looks like the JDS fight will now happen so thats a good thing. You better believe that the UFC badly want Overeem as champion.
Your gonna take some shit for that m8
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Your gonna take some shit for that m8
I'm sure I will but its my opinion and its a legit one. K1 gp winner, and holds title in MMA, nobody has done this but reem and I doubt anyone will do it again. The dude didnt just get good in recent years, he subbed Belfort back in the day, he knocked out Badr Hari who is probably one of the greatest K1 fighters ever. hes been around for a long time and while he does have flaws hes still a serious killer.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macp1 View Post
like wlad
Anyone can get ko'd at the top at heavy.

Kinda the point I'm trying to make, kinda the point that bigfoot tends to make from time to time.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Bob Sapp nearly murdered the greatest K-1 kickboxer of all time twice. K-1 is so ****ing overrated.

Overeem is a Chuck Liddell knock out victim turned steroid using kickboxer. But that is good enough for K-1. Hell Bob had zero kickboxing fights, his experiance was being an NFL player and beat their greatest K-1 fighter.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Bob Sapp nearly murdered the greatest K-1 kickboxer of all time twice. K-1 is so ****ing overrated.

Overeem is a Chuck Liddell knock out victim turned steroid using kickboxer. But that is good enough for K-1. Hell Bob had zero kickboxing fights, his experiance was being an NFL player and beat their greatest K-1 fighter.
Mate Bob Sapp is a ****ing beast of a man. He makes overeem look small, someone that big with any understanding of how to fight is a big ****ing problem for anybody.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Quote:
Mate Bob Sapp is a ****ing beast of a man. He makes overeem look small, someone that big with any understanding of how to fight is a big ****ing problem for anybody.
No doubt. Sapp could of left the NFL with no amatuer or pro boxing matches ever and done the same thing to Lennox Lewis like he did to their all time great champion Ernesto Hoost. It is obviously a high level sport K-1, Sapp is such a great fighter. hahahahah
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I'm sure I will but its my opinion and its a legit one. K1 gp winner, and holds title in MMA, nobody has done this but reem and I doubt anyone will do it again. The dude didnt just get good in recent years, he subbed Belfort back in the day, he knocked out Badr Hari who is probably one of the greatest K1 fighters ever. hes been around for a long time and while he does have flaws hes still a serious killer.
I wouldn't spend time repeating his accolades mate. Thats the kind of stuff the UFC PR machine wants you to buy. Overeem does have a decorated career. But when you look at it under a microscope its flatters him immensely.
Yes he won the GP. But the best K-1 striker in the world at heavy? Not a chance. The GPs have always been about who is the toughest or injury free. They don't necessarily produce the best fighter. Likewise look who he won his DREAM title against. Same again is true of the SF belt.
Overeem is a good fighter. But he's been frail since the PRIDE days. And nothing has changed. As i said prior to the fight his chin, poor stamina and front running style would be an issue. And thats exactly what happened.
And no Hari is NOT the greatest K-1 fighter ever dude.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
No doubt. Sapp could of left the NFL with no amatuer or pro boxing matches ever and done the same thing to Lennox Lewis like he did to their all time great champion Ernesto Hoost. It is obviously a high level sport K-1, Sapp is such a great fighter. hahahahah
You're an idiot. Stop posting here. Thanks.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #39
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think he could still beat Cigano even
though he would be a big underdog and I'm 90% sure that he would beat Bigfoot in a rematch. But watching him and Evans fight was frustrating they both underperformed big time
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #40
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I wouldn't spend time repeating his accolades mate. Thats the kind of stuff the UFC PR machine wants you to buy. Overeem does have a decorated career. But when you look at it under a microscope its flatters him immensely.
Yes he won the GP. But the best K-1 striker in the world at heavy? Not a chance. The GPs have always been about who is the toughest or injury free. They don't necessarily produce the best fighter. Likewise look who he won his DREAM title against. Same again is true of the SF belt.
Overeem is a good fighter. But he's been frail since the PRIDE days. And nothing has changed. As i said prior to the fight his chin, poor stamina and front running style would be an issue. And thats exactly what happened.
And no Hari is NOT the greatest K-1 fighter ever dude.
I've followed Alistair for a while, I know he is flawed and actually quite beatable. But the longevity of his career says something about him as a fighter imo. Maybe we shouldn't look into his gp win too much but the fact is he has mixed with some of the greats and beat them in k1, Aerts, Hari, Remi B, (he won that fight). What he's done in MMA itself isnt that special I agree but he still as a good resume and has accomplished alot. Combining the two is what makes im special, yeah soley he may be average at k1 or MMA but the fact he has competed at a high level in both is whats impressive. I didnt say he was the goat, but he is great.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #41
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

IMO Overeem beat himself last night...I hope he will learn from his mistake...but I don't think so.

I'm pretty sur the people at GG last night when laughing !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #42
Mellberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I called this in another thread. And the result does not surprise me in the least. There's a few problems here. Firstly as usual fans buy into the hype. Secondly Reem bought into his own hype. And thirdly Reem has ALWAYS been a fragile fighter with a suspect chin and suspect cardio. Its clear as day he never tool Silva seriously. His bad physical conditioning was proof of that. There were very notable differences in his physique now that he's come off a few cycles and it told immensely. I doubt he trained as hard as he could for this fight and it definitely showed.
Either way steroids or not Reem will always have a bad chin. So when put in with monster heavys who can punch he's at a disadvantage already despite his K-1 creds, which in all honesty flatter him immensely.
Good post dude
Mellberg is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

I've said it before many times. God, I love being right.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #44
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Anyone can get ko'd at the top at heavy.

Kinda the point I'm trying to make, kinda the point that bigfoot tends to make from time to time.
Im agreeing with you. I wonder if Reem is as smart as Wlad though, and as honest with himself. Wlad knew he was getting tagged and could be hurt and stopped. Not knocked out like Reem, but still hurt pretty bad. He adapted his style, and has become one of the most dominating heavyweight champs in history. All with a shaky chin (I think he loses equilibrium when he gets rocked, and that leads to the accumulation of damage).
Wlad figured out what to do when hurt, and how to use his attributes to his advantage and protect getting hurt. And he's faced bigger punchers than this Bigfeet.
Reem was just humbled on the biggest stage in MMA (as far as North American fans go), so let's see if he can go the route of post Sanders Wlad (Brewster notwithstanding). If he had a trainer even half as good as Manny there, he'd be as dominant as Wlad in MMA. Only time will tell now if he is true to himself and honest with himself about his shortcomings.
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Reem WILL KO Cain

That was an arrogant twat in there who if he stepped it up would have had the hideous ogre out of there in the first. But he was having far too much fun humiliating the cumbersome neanderethal

Hopefully he's now learnt his lesson. If so, when the time comes for him to fight Cain, my house is on Alisdair

Beouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum