boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Default sam all wrong for daniel.

styles make fights.

this sure would be an ugly one. when was sam in a pretty one?

sams assult negates dans workrate. this one is all wrong for geale. soliman has more left at 39 than one would believe.

gay shaw has already stated they wont fight soliman. i wonder now if they will change their mind that he has actually won, AND the IBF will demand geale fights soliman?

i still think geale win it, but a clash of styles for sure.

Last edited by swingin; 02-02-2013 at 01:50 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
OSKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

If you delve deep you might find out why they don't want the fight
I wonder how their sparring used to go ?
They know Sam is all wrong for them in every way!
OSKA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 674
vCash: 75
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Sam's all wrong for anyone. He's a world class spoiler who managed to manufacture himself into a contender. Good for him.

No-one has handled him well at their first attempt. The Man struggled with him, Sakio Bika lost, Prime Winky Wright struggled, Sturm lost.

I've seen Kostya Tszyu sparring with Sam & even he struggled.

The best you're ever going to do against Sam at your first attempt is look bad and win.

That's Real Deal Geale's next assignment.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
mrdoctor
GGG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,694
vCash: 300
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Samy looks silly when he fights but makes opponments look really silly..
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,439
vCash: 1044
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Sam's all wrong for anyone. He's a world class spoiler who managed to manufacture himself into a contender. Good for him.

No-one has handled him well at their first attempt. The Man struggled with him, Sakio Bika lost, Prime Winky Wright struggled, Sturm lost.

I've seen Kostya Tszyu sparring with Sam & even he struggled.

The best you're ever going to do against Sam at your first attempt is look bad and win.

That's Real Deal Geale's next assignment.
Firstly, I thought Sturm won yesterdays fight, judges thought otherwise, so be it. Kama has caught up with Sturm I guess.

Secondly, you're right in saying Sam is a spoiler. He's not a particularly great boxer, but what he does, frustrates his opponents.

However, Geale is a master at not getting frustrated, so he has that covered.
Sturm was all over Soliman in the first 3 rounds, mainly because he was pretty active.
As soon as Sturm slowed down a touch, Soliman had the advantage.

Geale won't slow, and he'll be even more active than Sturm and Soliman.

I think Geale has this pretty easily, because they are both awkward in their own way, Sam with his gorilla tactics, and Daniel with his constant pressure. Geale will be much more effective, much like Sturm was in rd 2.

Geale lopsided UD or stoppage.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 1166
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

i stopped reading after i saw 'styles make fights'.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,092
vCash: 500
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
i stopped reading after i saw 'styles make fights'.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,342
vCash: 576
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
styles make fights.

this sure would be an ugly one. when was sam in a pretty one?

sams assult negates dans workrate. this one is all wrong for geale. soliman has more left at 39 than one would believe.

gay shaw has already stated they wont fight soliman. i wonder now if they will change their mind that he has actually won, AND the IBF will demand geale fights soliman?

i still think geale win it, but a clash of styles for sure.
Geale won't stop throwing punches like Sturm did for some strange reason. It won't be pretty but Geale wins easily. I reckon he will fight him.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Firstly, I thought Sturm won yesterdays fight, judges thought otherwise, so be it. Kama has caught up with Sturm I guess.

Secondly, you're right in saying Sam is a spoiler. He's not a particularly great boxer, but what he does, frustrates his opponents.

However, Geale is a master at not getting frustrated, so he has that covered.
Sturm was all over Soliman in the first 3 rounds, mainly because he was pretty active.
As soon as Sturm slowed down a touch, Soliman had the advantage.

Geale won't slow, and he'll be even more active than Sturm and Soliman.

I think Geale has this pretty easily, because they are both awkward in their own way, Sam with his gorilla tactics, and Daniel with his constant pressure. Geale will be much more effective, much like Sturm was in rd 2.

Geale lopsided UD or stoppage.
Sox, what rounds did you see Sturm clearly winning? Soliman won the fight the way Geale normally does.

It's not so much as karma catching up with Sturm but rather 2 fighters who were fit and volume punchers.

There's no way that Geale has this easily. Everything Geale does Soliman has already seen. The same can't be said the other way. And when you look at the way Soliman fights it is quite technical; he would've spent I reckon around 80% of the fight moving to his right, as well as controlling the distance by bopping up and down in and out of range.

There's no way Geale stops Soliman. Mundine did, but only after hurting him badly in the 2nd round, and it took Choc until the 9th. And that was at 168. It will go to a decision.

Realistically, Geale's best option is Soliman. Geale will get beaten by GGG and Martinez.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,439
vCash: 1044
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
Sox, what rounds did you see Sturm clearly winning?
I scored the fight -

Rd - SS - FS
1 - 9 - 10
2 - 8 - 10
3 - 9 - 10
4 - 9 - 10
5 - 9 - 10
6 - 10 - 10
7 - 10 - 9
8 - 10 - 10
9 - 10 - 10
10 - 10 - 9
11 - 10 - 9
12 - 10 - 9

114 - 116

I always draw rounds if they're real close.
Quote:
Soliman won the fight the way Geale normally does.
I haven't seen Geale get clobbered like Sam did in the first few rounds.
But yeh, he did seem to steal the later rounds with workrate.
Quote:
It's not so much as karma catching up with Sturm but rather 2 fighters who were fit and volume punchers.
I'm not denying Sam looked good, but Sturm also faded badly. Geale won't.
Quote:
There's no way that Geale has this easily.
I think he will, he'll fight like Sturm did in the first 3 rounds for the entire fight, and then some.
Quote:
Everything Geale does Soliman has already seen. The same can't be said the other way.
How so? Sams style hasn't changed.
Quote:
And when you look at the way Soliman fights it is quite technical; he would've spent I reckon around 80% of the fight moving to his right, as well as controlling the distance by bopping up and down in and out of range.
No argument there, he looked good. The problem is, Geale is better, and busier.
Quote:
There's no way Geale stops Soliman. Mundine did, but only after hurting him badly in the 2nd round, and it took Choc until the 9th. And that was at 168. It will go to a decision.
We'll see.
Quote:
Realistically, Geale's best option is Soliman. Geale will get beaten by GGG and Martinez.
Again, I don't agree, particularly with GGG. Martinez is another story.

Last edited by Sox; 02-03-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,092
vCash: 500
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Come on 3 even rounds in the middle of a fight. Either it was very close or your sitting on the fence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I scored the fight -

Rd - SS - FS
1 - 9 - 10
2 - 9 - 10
3 - 8 - 10
4 - 9 - 10
5 - 9 - 10
6 - 10 - 10
7 - 10 - 9
8 - 10 - 10
9 - 10 - 10
10 - 10 - 9
11 - 10 - 9
12 - 10 - 9

114 - 116

I always draw rounds if they're real close.
I haven't seen Geale get clobbered like Sam did in the first few rounds.
But yeh, he did seem to steal the later rounds with workrate.
I'm not denying Sam looked good, but Sturm also faded badly. Geale won't.
I think he will, he'll fight like Sturm did in the first 3 rounds for the entire fight, and then some.
How so? Sams style hasn't changed.
No argument there, he looked good. The problem is, Geale is better, and busier.
We'll see.
Again, I don't agree, particularly with GGG. Martinez is another story.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,439
vCash: 1044
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Come on 3 even rounds in the middle of a fight. Either it was very close or your sitting on the fence.
What do you mean?
They were close, that's why I'm sitting on the fence with even rounds.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #13
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Come on 3 even rounds in the middle of a fight. Either it was very close or your sitting on the fence.
youve just lost ALL credibility...
swingin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 361
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Both beat Sturm in Germany.........I'm not under estimating what Sam can produce on any given night........all I know he's definately earn't his shot so give him one Gealey.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sam all wrong for daniel.

Geale beats him easy, he way to fast for Sam, speed with world class skills, Sam has no chance.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015