Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #16
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Try and call these potential match ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Try and call these potential match ups. Who wins and how?

Quigg vs Frampton - 2 undefeated prospects, now with signature wins, but who wins this one?

Cleverly vs Bellew 2 - Fought a close fight, which I felt could have been a draw, how does a rematch go?

DeGale vs Groves 2 - I thought Groves won a close fight, but what happens now? DeGale looks improved?

Price vs Fury - Price seems to be getting the hype but Fury has fought at a far higher level in my opinion. Who wins this battle of giants?

Cleverly vs Maccarinelli - Might sound a bit odd, but hear me out. Enzo although not taking shots well, still punches very hard and was in the same gym as Cleverly. I think Enzo broke Cleverlys nose in the gym and may have a Nathan nervous of his power

Who do you have and how?
Frampton TKO
Bellew close points
Groves TKO
Price KO
Clev TKO
smegmaa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quigg vs Frampton- I'd say Frampton on points but a close fight nonetheless.

Cleverly vs Bellew- Again I'd say it would be a close one but I had Bellew edging the first fight and can't see how Nathan has progressed from there whereas Bellew clearly has so him on PTS.

Degale vs Groves- Groves by a clearer decision this time, around 116-112, something like that. His raw talent is being moulded more effectively into a style fight by fight now whereas Degale still seems to have the same flaws IMO.

Price vs Fury- Price mid rounds KO. Fury is simply too open defensively and doesn't have enough to get past or around Price's jab. Fury's chin seems ok but the amount of openings he'll leave will eventually see him stopped by Price IMO.

Cleverly-Maccarinelli- Cleverly KO within 3. Simply put, Enzo is shot and for all you can criticise Cleverly and his opposition, he's still more than a good enough boxer to take advantage of that
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quigg by body shot
Bellew pts
Price by ko
Groves by ko
Clev pts
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Frampton UD
Bellew UD
Fury KO
Groves SD
Cleverly KO
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Frampton TKO 9
Bellew wide UD
Groves close UD
Fury KO 3
Cleverly KO 4
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

some excellent match ups and im gonna be the first to go against the grain here.

Quigg SD, id favour quigg slightly by a razor thin decision more than likely split

Cleverly UD, i think he gets a bad rap on here and thought he won the last fight tho was very close and think clev took bellew lightly which he wont do this time and can outwork bellew and surprise a number of people doing so

Degale UD, very close last fight and neither has improved much since but i feel degale has relaxed alot more and will feel less pressure and will not come into the fight with just one game plan, see groves being more aggressive which will suit degale

Price KO, price will be too accurate and powerful for fury and catch and finish an open fury in 6 tense electric rounds

Clev KO, depends how long he wants to carry enzo but when he opens up enzo is out of there in about 5 one sided rounds
fantaheed is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #22
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Quigg vs Frampton - 2 undefeated prospects, now with signature wins, but who wins this one?
Frampton stops Quigg around the eighth after some terrific, back and forth rounds.

Quote:
Cleverly vs Bellew 2 - Fought a close fight, which I felt could have been a draw, how does a rematch go?
If Bellew's stamina is better, and he sticks to that jab/straight/step plan, he can nick it by a couple of rounds. But I think Nathan's toughness, activity and body punching see him through to another close decision, but without the last one's controversy.

Quote:
DeGale vs Groves 2 - I thought Groves won a close fight, but what happens now? DeGale looks improved?
Degale hasn't improved at all, IMO. Groves takes it more clearly this time.

Quote:
Price vs Fury - Price seems to be getting the hype but Fury has fought at a far higher level in my opinion. Who wins this battle of giants?
Fury tastes the canvas but overwhelms Price in the mid-rounds with a sustained attack that ruins the chinny Scouser's undefeated ledger.

Quote:
Cleverly vs Maccarinelli - Might sound a bit odd, but hear me out. Enzo although not taking shots well, still punches very hard and was in the same gym as Cleverly. I think Enzo broke Cleverlys nose in the gym and may have a Nathan nervous of his power
Cleverly walks this. Stoppage in the first half.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #23
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Frampton UD 116-112
Cleverly UD - 116-112
Groves TKO 7
Price KO 3
Cleverly TKO 5

I think Quigg will bring the very best of Frampton out, and I dont think he can handle the very best Frampton

Cleverly will outwork Bellew mid to late rounds

Groves is sharpening his technique while De Gale is getting more sloppy, this one will end via TKO this time

Once Price hits Fury its done, I'm changing that KO 3

Mac is shot to bits, he shouldnt be allowed to fight Cleverly
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Try and call these potential match ups. Who wins and how?

Who do you have and how?
Frampton - More durable, less predictable style, I think he stops Quigg. I see ABC with Quigg, whereas I see a little more w/ Frampton. Good fight though.

Clev/Bellew - See no reason why we wouldn't see a similar fight. Bellew is more poised but would always have to overcome Nathan throwing those featherdusters all night to get a decision. Nathan doesn't have the power to bother Bellew, and Nathan seems to have a good beard so it always gos to points and its whatever the judges decide.

Groves/DeGale - Again, I don't think these too have improved that much technically. Only difference I see is Groves may be a little more confident now. The difference could be that both have it in them to be a little more aggressive. You may see DeGale be more aggressive in this as thats where he 'lost' the first fight, Groves may well think 'it worked the first time' and stick with the hit and run tactics. Again I see a tight decision and its what the judges feel like.

Price TKO

Clev TKO
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Frampton beats Quigg either on points or late tko
Cleverly beats Bellew in another close points win
Groves beats De Gale on Points in a bit more convincing fashion..
Price Stops Fury
Clev tko Enzo..
FIN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum