Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653
Default Re: Reem's loss gave me mixed feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macp1 View Post
Ok, a non-sarcastic EXACTLY! I agree with everything you said there. Cain came back from a devestating KO, and so will The Reem. One loss does not destroy a career, not unless you're FMJ
Overeem is a good fighter but he's just not good enough to be the UFC champ.. He won't be able to beat Cain or JDS! I think he could comeback and beat Silva in a re-match, maybe beat Big Country, Big Nog, Struve etc.. Im not even positive Overeem beats all the guys I mentioned.. I mean the guy has cardio issues and chin issues. He was just over hyped to be this force of nature... I bought into the hype. I've learned my lesson..
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #17
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Quote:
Exactly! Just like Cain's career was in tatters when JDS destroyed him in mere seconds...no, wait...
except Reem has a history of getting Ko'd and this just happens to be probably the worst of his impressive getting KO'd list . Its not like he slipped up and lost, the guy just did what he has always done throughout his career, which is get put to sleep when met with adversary.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #18
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

I think people are being pretty harsh on Overroid.

He was winning the fight pretty easily despite giving his opponent NO respect. Then he got tagged by a power punch from an enormous monster wearing tiny gloves. He froze up and ate another 4-5 punches while standing, then got stopped.

It's not like Bigfoot walked into the cage and kicked his ass. In fact, Overeem was pretty much manhandling him physically, at least in the first couple of rounds.

Getting knocked out in that fashion doesn't make the guy a can, it just makes him an overconfident fighter who came into the cage undertrained and with a poor fight plan.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #19
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

He was winning the fight pretty easily despite giving his opponent NO respect. Then he got tagged by a power punch from an enormous monster wearing tiny gloves. He froze up and ate another 4-5 punches while standing, then got stopped.

It's not like Bigfoot walked into the cage and kicked his ass. In fact, Overeem was pretty much manhandling him physically, at least in the first couple of rounds.

Getting knocked out in that fashion doesn't make the guy a can, it just makes him an overconfident fighter who came into the cage undertrained and with a poor fight plan.

i don't think his overconfidence lost him the fight. I think he straight up gassed just like Bigfoot and his corner noticed.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #20
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Exactly! Just like Cain's career was in tatters when JDS destroyed him in mere seconds...no, wait...
I understand your point but there are big differences between Cain and Overeem:

1. Cain lost to JDS a proven top level HW in the first round, Overeem lost to bigfoot who has been beaten by others and it was in the 3rd so no getting caught cold excuse.
2. Overeem wasn't undefeated and this just adds to an impressive list of losses.
3. It is hard to have a comeback after a comeback run.
4. Overeem needed an impressive performance here and prior to the knockout he looked fairly shit anyway.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
i don't think his overconfidence lost him the fight. I think he straight up gassed just like Bigfoot and his corner noticed.
He was doing a lot of smug grinning and posing before he gassed, rather than being clinical about getting Bigfoot out of there. But I agree, he did noticeably run out of steam in the 3rd. Still, based on the limited level of activity he put out before that, I put that down to not giving Bigfoot the respect of working particularly hard in camp.

I mean, Overeem's experienced enough that you don't figure him to get a massive adrenaline rush and then dump. He certainly looked calm in there. And he didn't spend lots of time grappling with the giant, or trying to escape from having Bigfoot on top of him. Not even much wrestling against the cage. He gassed because he wasn't fit enough, due in large part to his overconfidence in the weeks leading up to the fight.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I still say those elbows to the top of his head messed him up. Took the wind out of his sails. I felt some pain in my chest when he went to his corner after the 2nd.

Why hasnt he worked on his cardio? It is probably the one physical aspect that can be trained completely and improved guaranteed. Road work must be foreign to The Reem. I keep thinking Wlad, early on in his career would gas, but had the KO power. He worked on his stamina, now when was the last time anyone has seen him tired?? Why can't Overeem just hire a conditioning coach? Maybe buy a pair of running shoes? Hell, he has enough money, buy a treadmill. Something
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #23
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
4. Overeem needed an impressive performance here and prior to the knockout he looked fairly shit anyway.
how
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #24
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
how
Werdum fight.

Anyways, big Ubereem fan, always will be. Hope he gets a hold of JDS and KOs him, if not, I win big cash on JDS
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #25
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I think it's a mental thing. The 14:1 Epi/Test he tested for is way above and beyond what is required for athletic performance. That level of test is an aesthetic, bodybuilder level of test. Also Test gives you confidence and aggression, so even though he still juiced for this fight he would have had to cycle off with plenty of time before the fight. He looked nervous coming into the ring and his disrespectful hands down disdain seemed like an overcompensation on his part to appear confident. Usually what fighters do in the ring is the opposite of what they are thinking: smiling when they get hurt etc.

I think coming back from a year ban after all the speculation that has followed him throughout his career has damaged him mentally. I don't think he'll ever be the same again as I think he is a confidence fighter. On another note, Bigfoot going ape shit at the end truly was the stuff of nightmares. Dude's a Sasquatch.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #26
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Bigfoot is a throwback to the neanderthal ages.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #27
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

Amen haggis
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #28
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I think it's a mental thing. The 14:1 Epi/Test he tested for is way above and beyond what is required for athletic performance. That level of test is an aesthetic, bodybuilder level of test. Also Test gives you confidence and aggression, so even though he still juiced for this fight he would have had to cycle off with plenty of time before the fight. He looked nervous coming into the ring and his disrespectful hands down disdain seemed like an overcompensation on his part to appear confident. Usually what fighters do in the ring is the opposite of what they are thinking: smiling when they get hurt etc.

I think coming back from a year ban after all the speculation that has followed him throughout his career has damaged him mentally. I don't think he'll ever be the same again as I think he is a confidence fighter. On another note, Bigfoot going ape shit at the end truly was the stuff of nightmares. Dude's a Sasquatch.
Yeah anyone that beats fedor is a demented mother ****er.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #29
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post

Great post.

I agree, I thought this also, It was almost like The Reem was trying to be overly aggressive in the weigh in and build up, like he was trying to prove something.

Without doubt, he's not the same fighter when he's not on the Juice.

I'm not saying Juice helps your chin, but without doubt, mentally, your not gonna be the same fighter with lower testosterone than you would be with higher testosterone, obviously considerably less aggressive etc.

I think that showed.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
how
How in what way?

How did he need an impressive performance? Coming off a year lay off due to PEDs, a lot of hype around him as some beast, seen as the next contender, fighting the same guy Velazquez and Cormier smashed.

How did he look fairly shit? You watched the fight right? He looked bored, lazy and was cruising against a guy who is proven to not have what it takes against top fighters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Great post.

I agree, I thought this also, It was almost like The Reem was trying to be overly aggressive in the weigh in and build up, like he was trying to prove something.

Without doubt, he's not the same fighter when he's not on the Juice.

I'm not saying Juice helps your chin, but without doubt, mentally, your not gonna be the same fighter with lower testosterone than you would be with higher testosterone, obviously considerably less aggressive etc.

I think that showed.
I think you could well be right.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum