boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Reem's loss gave me mixed feelings.

I kinda wish the UFC would just turn a blind eye to it on the Overeem's case, A roided up Reem vs Cain would be ****ing crazy
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Great post.

I agree, I thought this also, It was almost like The Reem was trying to be overly aggressive in the weigh in and build up, like he was trying to prove something.

Without doubt, he's not the same fighter when he's not on the Juice.

I'm not saying Juice helps your chin, but without doubt, mentally, your not gonna be the same fighter with lower testosterone than you would be with higher testosterone, obviously considerably less aggressive etc.

I think that showed.
from what i have heard it does help your chin
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I think people are being pretty harsh on Overroid.

He was winning the fight pretty easily despite giving his opponent NO respect. Then he got tagged by a power punch from an enormous monster wearing tiny gloves. He froze up and ate another 4-5 punches while standing, then got stopped.

It's not like Bigfoot walked into the cage and kicked his ass. In fact, Overeem was pretty much manhandling him physically, at least in the first couple of rounds.

Getting knocked out in that fashion doesn't make the guy a can, it just makes him an overconfident fighter who came into the cage undertrained and with a poor fight plan.

Spot on. Had he had some cautious respect for this opponent, he would have cruised easily. He had no respect and almost did that anyway. The fight could have been that much easier for Alistair.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

the only thing he had to do was to tag that big chin in the first round....didn't do that at all...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

I was actually ****ing angry, I'm a big Overeem fan and he was winning the fight. He was too ****y and I think that is what got him in the end.... I think if they had a rematch(which perhaps they might in the future) then Overeem would see it through to the end.

I think Overeem was maybe a little rusty as well? I dont know but I just dont get how one of the best strikers in MMA can lose to someone who got the absolute **** beaten out of them on the feet by Daniel Cormier....

Last edited by Matty lll; 02-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #36
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Werdum fight.

Anyways, big Ubereem fan, always will be. Hope he gets a hold of JDS and KOs him, if not, I win big cash on JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
How did he look fairly ****? You watched the fight right? He looked bored, lazy and was cruising against a guy who is proven to not have what it takes against top fighters.
sorry for being vague, I was tired
but I think he did look ****py in the Werdum fight, but he impressed vs Lesnar and he was winning this fight pretty easily
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

He was only winning the fight cause Bigfoot made it clear he was waiting for the late rounds.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

in between round 2/3 his corner even told bigfoot "We got where we wanted to get, Now do what we trained for"
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #38
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
He was only winning the fight cause Bigfoot made it clear he was waiting for the late rounds.

inbetween round 2/3 his corner even told bigfoot "We got where we wanted to get, Now do what we trained for"
So he let Overeem pound the **** out of him in the second round then did he?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #39
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
So he let Overeem pound the **** out of him in the second round then did he?
hey it worked right? . Bigfoot landed some good **** from the ground too, big elbows. He just let the man work knowing he would get tired given his history. whether you want to believe it or not Bigfoot didn't get "lucky", he just had a plan. I mean you don't think its weird he was all defensive till the first seconds of the third then he went ape ****? He Knew what was up at that point.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
hey it worked right? . Bigfoot landed some good **** from the ground too, big elbows. He just let the man work knowing he would get tired given his history. whether you want to believe it or not Bigfoot didn't get "lucky", he just had a plan. I mean you don't think its weird he was all defensive till the first seconds of the third then he went ape ****? He Knew what was up at that point.
I'm not disputing the fact that Bigfoot had a fight plan, of course he did. I'm disputing the suggestion that he deliberately let Overeem win the first two rounds of the fight because he 'knew' that he would be able to KO him. There are a lot of factors that went into Overeem losing the fight.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:

in between round 2/3 his corner even told bigfoot "We got where we wanted to get, Now do what we trained for"
No way.

Your telling me Bigfoot went out there and PLANNED to let arguably the most dangerous striker in MMA history just tee off on him?

And that corner advice is standard stuff you hear before a last round.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
No way.

Your telling me Bigfoot went out there and PLANNED to let arguably the most dangerous striker in MMA history just tee off on him?

And that corner advice is standard stuff you hear before a last round.
well he didnt plan to get tee'd off on, he simply planned to come on strong late. Which he did. Bigfoot predicted he would GNP stop reem late in the build up to the fight.

And honestly he didnt really get beat up like that. I didnt see bigfoot take much damage at all.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #43
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
I'm not disputing the fact that Bigfoot had a fight plan, of course he did. I'm disputing the suggestion that he deliberately let Overeem win the first two rounds of the fight because he 'knew' that he would be able to KO him. There are a lot of factors that went into Overeem losing the fight.
Its called a gamble. He made a somewhat safe bet knowing Overeem would gas in the later parts of the fights so he let Overeem work.
Heard of Rope-a-dope?
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Its called a gamble. He made a somewhat safe bet knowing Overeem would gas in the later parts of the fights so he let Overeem work.
Heard of Rope-a-dope?

Yes I've heard of rope-a-dope (I like the condescending post by the way). One thing I really hate is at any fight like this, where someone gets beat early on but then comes back to win you start to hear about how 'x fighter was using rope-a-dope'. You can think what you want but I certainly don't believe it.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #45
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:

Yes I've heard of rope-a-dope (I like the condescending post by the way). One thing I really hate is at any fight like this, where someone gets beat early on but then comes back to win you start to hear about how 'x fighter was using rope-a-dope'. You can think what you want but I certainly don't believe it.
Well imo he was using a gameplan he ate some good shots to the body and all that but was he really in any kind of real danger? Overeem thought he could walk all over BF and it didnt work that way.
You could see BF not working to much in the fight and conserving his energy towards the later parts of the fight
greathamza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum