Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #46
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Reem's loss gave me mixed feelings.

Rope-a-dope?

Against Alistair Overeem? with tiny gloves on? in a 3 round fight?

Yeah, sounds plausible.

Or more likely, he was losing the fight, and then he won it.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #47
Peter__1987

vCash:

So you guys think Bigfoot's plan all along was to throw away the first 2 rounds (making a decision win impossible) and then stand and trade with the most dangerous striker in the division in round 3 AFTER taking 2 rounds of punishment and hope for a KO?

You guys believe that was his gameplan? REALLY?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Well imo he was using a gameplan he ate some good shots to the body and all that but was he really in any kind of real danger? Overeem thought he could walk all over BF and it didnt work that way.
You could see BF not working to much in the fight and conserving his energy towards the later parts of the fight
If you think that then fair enough

I personally think there may be some truth in that but the main reason is that like you say, Overeem thought he could walk all over Silva and got caught. He may not be the most technical striker but he sure hits hard.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #49
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Rope-a-dope?

Against Alistair Overeem? with tiny gloves on? in a 3 round fight?

Yeah, sounds plausible.

Or more likely, he was losing the fight, and then he won it.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Quote:
So you guys think Bigfoot's plan all along was to throw away the first 2 rounds (making a decision win impossible) and then stand and trade with the most dangerous striker in the division in round 3 AFTER taking 2 rounds of punishment and hope for a KO?

well apparently it was since bigfoot said it himself....

Reems striking "danger" is clearly exaggerated, and why do you think standing with a gassed reem in the 3rd round so daunting to silva? look he didnt "hope" for a ko, he came out on some blitz shit cause he KNEW that guy was READY TO GOOOOOO .

All these Reem fans acting like this was a fluke when the guy gets iced on a regular basis.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #51
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
He says his plan was to try and get Overeem in the second and third rounds, which is very believable. Nowhere does he say he let Overeem punch him or that he used 'rope-a-dope'
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
He says his plan was to try and get Overeem in the second and third rounds, which is very believable. Nowhere does he say he let Overeem punch him or that he used 'rope-a-dope'
look man thats just what happened, i'm sure Ali didn't expect to take the massive damage he did either but it was still his strategy and while it didn't go exactly as planned it still worked.

And you guys really think overeem beat up Silva? he never made me believe he was even close to stopping sliva. Bigfoot controlled his offense pretty well IMO. Overeems best shots where from the guard and ironically Silva landed some good shit off his back too.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #53
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:

Overeem is not really famous for having an endless gas tank it may come as a shocker but Overeem has a tendency to gas after round 1.
And he isnt good at taking punishment either, remember the second fight he had against Kharitonov? Overeem started to run away like he was Usain Bolt or some shit so Kharitonov had to catch up and KO him through the ropes
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #54
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:

All these Reem fans acting like this was a fluke when the guy gets iced on a regular basis.
Of course Bigfoot would say that it was his plan, what do you expect him to say?

"I was getting my ass kicked en route to losing then Alistair got over ****y and I managed to catch him"

And in regards to your last comment, We're not Reem fanboys in here, I'm just an MMA fan giving my opinion on what happened in the fight.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #55
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
look man thats just what happened, i'm sure Ali didn't expect to take the massive damage he did either but it was still his strategy and while it didn't go exactly as planned it still worked.

And you guys really think overeem beat up Silva? he never made me believe he was even close to stopping sliva. Bigfoot controlled his offense pretty well IMO. Overeems best shots where from the guard and ironically Silva landed some good shit off his back too.
I never said he was beating up silva

He was clearly winning the fight though and did land some huge shots on Silva on the ground. Silva landed a nice elbow and couple of shots here and there but overall Overeem was in clear control.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #56
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Of course Bigfoot would say that it was his plan, what do you expect him to say?

"I was getting my ass kicked en route to losing then Alistair got over ****y and I managed to catch him"

And in regards to your last comment, We're not Reem fanboys in here, I'm just an MMA fan giving my opinion on what happened in the fight.
article dated BEFORE the fight where he talks about going into the 2nd round is a priority.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

yup, it DEFINITELY was his plan bruh. Read that shit i dare you. Bigfoot called reem out exactly for what he is BEFORE the fight.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #57
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
article dated BEFORE the fight where he talks about going into the 2nd round is a priority.

yup, it DEFINITELY was his plan bruh. Read that shit i dare you. Bigfoot called reem out exactly for what he is BEFORE the fight.
Well if were gonna get arsey about it his game plan didn't actually work because he didn't win in the 2nd round did he?

Look, I know what your saying, Overeem gasses, we all know this, But your never gonna convince me Bigfoot planned on dropping the first 2 rounds then banging it out in the 3rd.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #58
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Look, I know what your saying, Overeem gasses, we all know this, But your never gonna convince me Bigfoot planned on dropping the first 2 rounds then banging it out in the 3rd.
of course i'm not, i cant possibly give you more evidence to back up my claim that Bigfoot knew what he was doing. Maybe he went into the 2nd and noticed reem wasn't fully gassed yet and INTELLIGENTLY waited another round? there is plenty of intangibles for why he improvised his strategy. you're grasping for straws really, he was one round off so his plan didnt work? Silva actually turned it up big time at the closing seconds of the second when they stood up...he knew it was time.

you're gonna ride with your guy no matter what and that's cool. I'd rather someone be a die hard fan than a fair weather fan.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #59
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:

you're gonna ride with your guy no matter what and that's cool. I'd rather someone be a die hard fan than a fair weather fan.
Why the **** do you keep making out I'm some Overeem fanboy? I couldn't give a **** that he lost really, nor do I care if his chin is made of china or not.

And I still stand by what I said, I don't think Bigfoot planned to lose the 2 first rounds.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #60
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

It was his game plan. His corner even said something about it to him between the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I don't know what fight some of you were watching. Overeem didn't just get caught with a lucky punch. Overeem held Bigfoot down until 30 seconds to go in the 2nd round. As soon as Silva got to his feet, he started pressing hard. He got Overeem's attention just before the round ended. Then Overeem came out looking for the take down at the start of the 3rd. Overeem was too tired to stand and bang at that point. Then came the ko.
rekcutnevets is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum