Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233
Default Re: Reem's loss gave me mixed feelings.

i don't know how someone who isn't a fan of Reem couldn't just look into his career a little more and see this inevitable outcome.

and he didn't plan to lose the rounds, he just planned to wait out his energy. He cant see into the future and know exactly when he gasses or know he was gonna be on his back most of round 2. His plan was simply "wait till he expends his energy", and i think it worked pretty damn well. that is all i've been saying.
Delroc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #62
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
It was his game plan. His corner even said something about it to him between the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I don't know what fight some of you were watching. Overeem didn't just get caught with a lucky punch. Overeem held Bigfoot down until 30 seconds to go in the 2nd round. As soon as Silva got to his feet, he started pressing hard. He got Overeem's attention just before the round ended. Then Overeem came out looking for the take down at the start of the 3rd. Overeem was too tired to stand and bang at that point. Then came the ko.
Maybe I need to watch it again but I don't see it, I'm sure Bigfoot was probably planning to go all out in the last round but I still there was an element of luck invloved and a degree of overconfidence from Overeem.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #63
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
i don't know how someone who isn't a fan of Reem couldn't just look into his career a little more and see this inevitable outcome.

Ok, where is your pre fight prediction on here?

If you called it as it happened, I'll give you credit for doing so.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #64
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Maybe I need to watch it again but I don't see it, I'm sure Bigfoot was probably planning to go all out in the last round but I still there was an element of luck invloved and a degree of overconfidence from Overeem.
I don't think his plan was to wait for the last round. His plan was to start pressing in the 2nd, but he ended up on his back. As soon as Silva got back to his feet at the end of the 2nd he came on strong.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #65
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think his plan was to wait for the last round. His plan was to start pressing in the 2nd, but he ended up on his back. As soon as Silva got back to his feet at the end of the 2nd he came on strong.
Maybe your right, I've deliberately kept the fight recorded so I can watch it again. So I shall have to do so
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #66
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post

I'll show you my pre-fight prediction.

Quote:
Jose Aldo tko 2
Rashad Evans ud
Antonio Silva tko 2
Demian Maia sub 2 rnc
Joseph Benavidez ud
Gleison Tibau ud
Jay Hieron tko 3
Jacob Volkmann ud
Yves Edwards sub 2 rnc
Francisco Rivera tko 2
I picked Silva because Overeem tires. I don't have time to look for it now, but I've been saying Overeem would get destroyed if he couldn't drop and stop Silva early.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #67
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

when did this become about prediction abilities? you just want to win at something huh. by inevitable outcome i mean him getting stopped in general. people shouldn't be so surprised to see Reem slumped like that.

its funny i actually didn't pick bigfoot cause i dont rate him very highly. I have always just skipped him and predicted reem vs cain or reem vs jds which i always have had reem getting stopped by both.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #68
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
I was actually ****ing angry, I'm a big Overeem fan and he was winning the fight. He was too ****y and I think that is what got him in the end.... I think if they had a rematch(which perhaps they might in the future) then Overeem would see it through to the end.

I think Overeem was maybe a little rusty as well? I dont know but I just dont get how one of the best strikers in MMA can lose to someone who got the absolute shit beaten out of them on the feet by Daniel Cormier....
I'll tell you how... Because Overeem isn't nearly as good as Daniel Cormier! Overeem is levels below DC, JDS and Cain! They would all smash Overeem...
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #69
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Overeem's recent career is what separates the fans from the Johnny Come Lately's of the world. Those of us that have been following Overeem since he was blasted into the Pride ropes by Chuck Liddell knew the Bigfoot KO was coming.

This is the best thing to happen to MMA all year. It has deflated the ego of the steroid abuser and his delusional followers.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #70
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
when did this become about prediction abilities? you just want to win at something huh. by inevitable outcome i mean him getting stopped in general. people shouldn't be so surprised to see Reem slumped like that.

its funny i actually didn't pick bigfoot cause i dont rate him very highly. I have always just skipped him and predicted reem vs cain or reem vs jds which i always have had reem getting stopped by both.
So it was inevitable that a heavyweight striker was gonna get knocked out sooner or later?

Wow, your really onto something.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #71
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So it was inevitable that a heavyweight striker was gonna get knocked out sooner or later?

Wow, your really onto something.
sooner rather than later with his history . you're clearly a fanboy bruh just admit it. I'm a JDS fanboy and i wear it proudly. The only difference is i can call shit as i see it, he got handled it is what it is but he still has a win over a lifeless Cain corpse. On a side note i would rather have a UD loss than KO loss any day.

for real though look at Matty up above you. He used common sense and logic to determine his opinion and now said he'll re-watch the fight. THAT is a man that calls it as he sees it even in defeat. Respect.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #72
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
sooner rather than later . you're clearly a fanboy bruh just admit it. I'm a JDS fanboy and i wear it proudly. The only difference is i can call shit as i see it.
I'm a fanboy? I haven't even said anything postive towards Reem in this whole thread I don't think?

Let me tell you my thoughts, I think Overeem was ****y as **** and disrespectful before the fight and got what was coming to him.

I also think, without his elephant sized doses of Steroids he's gonna get beat again in the HW Division.

Is that enough for you?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #73
2fast2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
I really can't fathom what happened.

He lost not on the ground but on stand-up which is where he should've an edge.

So was it due to his overconfidence? Or he really was a crappy striker who happened to luckily snagged K-1 honors? Or was Silva a very underrated striker?

Or a combination of any of the factors mentioned?

He ran out of horsemeat!
2fast2see is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #74
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
from what i have heard it does help your chin
Myth. Getting Koed is the result of your brain rattling in your skull. Guys who have "no chin" are guys who brains moves more in their skull. There is no pill that is going to prevent that.
lobk is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #75
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobk View Post
Myth. Getting Koed is the result of your brain rattling in your skull. Guys who have "no chin" are guys who brains moves more in their skull. There is no pill that is going to prevent that.
Larger/stronger traps leading to a larger/stronger neck will help prevent the skull from excessive movement though.

Guys like Tyson and Tua were near impossible to KO with with shot, in large part because they barely have any necks. Their brains suffer far less whiplash than guys with long, skinny necks whose skulls get bounced around every time they take a shot. Steroid use can help with strengthening the neck muscles, therefore helping with keeping the brain case from getting knocked around.

Not going to turn a crap chin into a good chin, but it can help a little.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum