Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
NickDiaz187
Dont be scared homie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Default Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Before the enormous shit storm starts tomorrow…

Win or lose, I am a huge Diaz Brothers fan. I always love watching both guys win or lose because they come to fight. They shake things up with interviews and media but I love it all because it gets boring with everyone giving the same canned responses all the time.

MMA fans are very fair weather and I am sure if Nick wins, some will still hate him and say he was lucky or make excuses for GSP. If he loses, there will be no shortage of “told you so” comments. It’s easy to bring attention to yourself after the result has already happened.

Regardless or who you think is going to win… You gotta have respect for both guys right now… And I am sure it will go up after their fight.
NickDiaz187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Cool story bro
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Nice.

As a side note, Lauzon vs. Nate would be a great fight.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

"I love Nick Diaz because he always comes to fight"

When he loses a fight he immediately tells us he wants to retire. It's basically a way of saying, "I quit since these guys won't stand in one spot and trade punches with me." It's clearly a sign of frustration. Is that the attitude of a real fighter?

Also, a very high percentage of UFC fighters truly come to fight because that's what they're paid to do. So if you think Diaz is unique because he has a warrior mentality you're wrong.

"I'm a Diaz fan because he says controversial things."

All I hear in his interviews are a bunch of, "Yeahs", "Umms," and "I don't knows." I can appreciate a good trash talker but he actually has to say something funny and clever. When Diaz learns how to speak properly maybe he can string together something that's half as witty as Muhammad Ali's lines.

I don't hate the Diaz brothers. I just think they can be so much more respectable people if they'd just cut out the immature bullshit. They don't need it.
gyll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
"I love Nick Diaz because he always comes to fight"

When he loses a fight he immediately tells us he wants to retire. It's basically a way of saying, "I quit since these guys won't stand in one spot and trade punches with me." It's clearly a sign of frustration. Is that the attitude of a real fighter?
All irrelevant. What he says before or after a fight is entirely separate from what he actually does in the cage. He does always come to fight, I don't really think that's debatable.

Quote:
Also, a very high percentage of UFC fighters truly come to fight because that's what they're paid to do. So if you think Diaz is unique because he has a warrior mentality you're wrong.
I'm sure Joe respects them, too. Guys like the Diaz brothers, and Lauzon himself stand out in that they are willing to engage and actually fight from every position. That's why when you look at a top ten FOTY list at the end of any given year, you are likely to see their names.

Quote:
All I hear in his interviews are a bunch of, "Yeahs", "Umms," and "I don't knows." I can appreciate a good trash talker but he actually has to say something funny and clever. When Diaz learns how to speak properly maybe he can string together something that's half as witty as Muhammad Ali's lines.
He's not trying to hype fights or be witty, though. He genuinely says controversial things, because he has the tendency to say every single thought that enters his head. He's not trying to be manufacture controversy like a Chael Sonnen. He's just being honest, for better or worse.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
All irrelevant. What he says before or after a fight is entirely separate from what he actually does in the cage. He does always come to fight, I don't really think that's debatable.


I'm sure Joe respects them, too. Guys like the Diaz brothers, and Lauzon himself stand out in that they are willing to engage and actually fight from every position. That's why when you look at a top ten FOTY list at the end of any given year, you are likely to see their names.



He's not trying to hype fights or be witty, though. He genuinely says controversial things, because he has the tendency to say every single thought that enters his head. He's not trying to be manufacture controversy like a Chael Sonnen. He's just being honest, for better or worse.
His attitude is really the only thing I'm criticizing here. His fans build him up to be this big, bad, tough guy. And I'm sure that's what Nick wants us to believe. Yet all I hear is crying when things don't go his way.

I respect both Lauzon and Diaz as warriors who come to fight. I just take an issue with people who think Diaz is extra special since he's willing to go toe to toe with anyone. Nick is a B level fighter. That's closer to fact than opinion. Good fighter but he's never been an elite in my book. Also, Diaz only looks good against guys who are tailor made for him. He appeared clueless and amateurish against GSP. That clearly won't yield points for FOTY candidacy.

If he says dumb things then maybe he's dumb. Or maybe it has something to do with the amount of weed he's smoking. Either way he's a grown man and needs to learn how to be a true professional. It's not hard. Not everyone can be Chael on the microphone but if Diaz's fans expect me to give him credit for saying things that get people riled up they are a joke.
gyll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #8
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDiaz187 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Before the enormous shit storm starts tomorrow…

Win or lose, I am a huge Diaz Brothers fan. I always love watching both guys win or lose because they come to fight. They shake things up with interviews and media but I love it all because it gets boring with everyone giving the same canned responses all the time.

MMA fans are very fair weather and I am sure if Nick wins, some will still hate him and say he was lucky or make excuses for GSP. If he loses, there will be no shortage of “told you so” comments. It’s easy to bring attention to yourself after the result has already happened.

Regardless or who you think is going to win… You gotta have respect for both guys right now… And I am sure it will go up after their fight.
where does joe lauzon fit in all this ?
is this quoted from him or your own opinion ?
im confused
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 785
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Fulton View Post
where does joe lauzon fit in all this ?
is this quoted from him or your own opinion ?
im confused

NickDiaz187 is obviously, UFC lightweight, Joe Lauzon. Duh, stupid.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Fulton View Post
where does joe lauzon fit in all this ?
is this quoted from him or your own opinion ?
im confused
Those are Lauzon's words.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 785
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Diaz187, try a quote box or at least quotation marks... Dumbass. I'm sorry we don't all happen to read the exact same articles as you, each and every day.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

im still confused but not for the same reason
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
NickDiaz187
Dont be scared homie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
"I love Nick Diaz because he always comes to fight"

When he loses a fight he immediately tells us he wants to retire. It's basically a way of saying, "I quit since these guys won't stand in one spot and trade punches with me." It's clearly a sign of frustration. Is that the attitude of a real fighter?

Also, a very high percentage of UFC fighters truly come to fight because that's what they're paid to do. So if you think Diaz is unique because he has a warrior mentality you're wrong.

"I'm a Diaz fan because he says controversial things."

All I hear in his interviews are a bunch of, "Yeahs", "Umms," and "I don't knows." I can appreciate a good trash talker but he actually has to say something funny and clever. When Diaz learns how to speak properly maybe he can string together something that's half as witty as Muhammad Ali's lines.

I don't hate the Diaz brothers. I just think they can be so much more respectable people if they'd just cut out the immature bullshit. They don't need it.
You have probably never fought anyone a day in your life, so you don't understand that Diaz doesn't come to just win, he comes to finish you. GSP is great, but he uses the rules of MMA to do just enough to win. The Diaz brothers are real people, they don't put up fronts or try to be someone their not such as Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.

Who are you to say someone is wrong for believing in? George is the
champion and tremendous athlete, but I will never buy his t-shirt or anything he endorses. I would buy Diaz, Condit and Lauzon shirt before ever wearing GSP one. In fact I have all 3 because they come to fight,
and not for just rounds.
NickDiaz187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 785
Default Re: Joe Lauzon- Im a Diaz fan regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDiaz187 View Post
You have probably never fought anyone a day in your life, so you don't understand that Diaz doesn't come to just win, he comes to finish you.
I understand now. Hallelujah! My eyes have been opened! You actually have to be a real world badass and kick ass daily to truly appreciate the demigod of violence that is Nick Diaz.

Quote:
In fact I have all 3 because they come to fight,
and not for just rounds.
Oh shit, wait, you have THREE MMA shirts!? Well you're just the bad mother ****er to enlighten us all on this newfangled "MMA" stuff.






11 posts and you are already our king.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013