Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000
Default Convenient how both Alexander and Garcia get hurt just before their respective fights

When both their opponents are looking in in great shape coming off excellent training camps.

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to smell a rat here. Both guys announce their withdrawals around a fortnight before the actual fights are due to take place. They have 3 months of training camp to get injured, funny coincidence they both ended up with minor tweaks (hurt rib, strained bicep) days before the events.

There was initial confusion as to whether Garcia had injured his thumb, rib etc plus rumours he hadn't been taking his training camp seriously. Judah looked in great shape, mentally and physically on the Showtime broadcast just before Garcia pulled out, Alexander announced his injury right after Brook posted this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Id like to see some form of independent investigations into fighters alleged injuries, they should face severe penalties if caught lying deterring other guys from doing it in the future and messing up a fight calendar thats already thin on the ground.
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Convenient how both Alexander and Garcia get hurt just before their respective fi

you're really focusing on the brook fight, and it's bad form dismissing a crunch fight for brook just because you want to see what he's made of and you have an allegiance to him.

be careful, twisted and lonely flag wavers eventually morph into bailey
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Convenient how both Alexander and Garcia get hurt just before their respective fi

I dont think that pic scared Alexander out of a fight bro. All he had to do is watch Kell's fight with Carson Jones to get all the confidence he needed
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Brook looks like a bodybuilder....does he have tanner on
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

You DO realise Brook got injured before Alexander right?

I didn't see any photos of Judah to know what kind of shape he was in, I'd be interested to see these that you are refering to (if they even exist), in any case Judah looked in great shape against Khan do I need to remind you what happened there?

Looking in great shape has absolutely no baring on a boxing match.

Injuries happen......sometimes genuine sometimes not.....any objective person doesn't read too much into them.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
you're really focusing on the brook fight, and it's bad form dismissing a crunch fight for brook just because you want to see what he's made of and you have an allegiance to him.

be careful, twisted and lonely flag wavers eventually morph into bailey
Funny that most of my post is talking about the Garcia-Judah postponement. This has nothing to do with 'allegiances', im just sick of every fight I look forward to getting moved back
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
Funny that most of my post is talking about the Garcia-Judah postponement. This has nothing to do with 'allegiances', im just sick of every fight I look forward to getting moved back
it's disappointing, but it wasn't me who posted the brook picture
that would do absolutely nothing to his opponent's confidence - it's not a body building contest
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
You DO realise Brook got injured before Alexander right?

I didn't see any photos of Judah to know what kind of shape he was in, I'd be interested to see these that you are refering to (if they even exist), in any case Judah looked in great shape against Khan do I need to remind you what happened there?

Looking in great shape has absolutely no baring on a boxing match.

Injuries happen......sometimes genuine sometimes not.....any objective person doesn't read too much into them.
Of course theres a chance both guys are genuinely hurt, but you gotta be very naive to not question the legitimacy of these injuries, especially when they both happen so late in the day.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
it's disappointing, but it wasn't me who posted the brook picture
that would do absolutely nothing to his opponent's confidence - it's not a body building contest
He looks confident as hell and in the shape of his life. Could have shook Devon. Im more inclined to believe Alexanders claims than Garcias though

I've said on here many times i'm not convinced by Brook so your barking up the wrong tree with your 'allegiance' stuff.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
Pillz
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Alexander has only fought one genuine 147 pounder in the old veteran Randall Bailey in a dull affair.

He beat a Maidana who was testing the waters at 147 in his first fight at the weight. Maidana didn't seem to look quite ready for 147 at that point.

At 140 he won controversial decisions against Matthysse and Kotelnik who Amir Khan beat fairly comfortably. His last TKO win was in 2010 against Juan Urango who happened to TKO Randall Bailey before he fought Devon.

Alexander hasn't fought a fresh, prime 147 pounder yet.
Pillz is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #11
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He looks confident as hell and in the shape of his life. Could have shook Devon. Im more inclined to believe Alexanders claims than Garcias though

I've said on here many times i'm not convinced by Brook so your barking up the wrong tree with your 'allegiance' stuff.
i'll take your word for it...but if it was me, i wouldn't be posting pictures of brook in tip top shape and then imply that brook's meal ticket with better credentials and a higher profile ducked the fight
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #12
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Of course theres a chance both guys are genuinely hurt, but you gotta be very naive to not question the legitimacy of these injuries, especially when they both happen so late in the day.
What about Brook getting injured first did you believe that?

Lets be honest, Judah has a reputation for folding - and I'm a Judah fan.

Kell went life and death with Carson Jones who is a nobody.

I very much doubt Alexander or Garcia were intimidated by either fighter....
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
I dont think that pic scared Alexander out of a fight bro. All he had to do is watch Kell's fight with Carson Jones to get all the confidence he needed

Alexander won't have too many issues getting rid of Brook IMO. This has mid-late stoppage written all over it.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post

Alexander won't have too many issues getting rid of Brook IMO. This has mid-late stoppage written all over it.
Alexander couldn't stop old man Bailey, and looked awful in the process. Stick to Floyd threads son
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #15
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post

Yeah man, Alexander is a little underrated and Kell is overrated as shit
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum