dempsey wins 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #46
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad v Dempsey

Dempsey destroys him within 5 rounds. We are talking about the same overrated Wlad who was knocked out by Brewster, right? Wlad is one of the most overrated fighters i have ever seen. Dempsey not only destroys him but ends his career.
dmt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #47
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
What's next, Billy Miske beats Vlad? You're talking about a guy who went 20 rounds with Porky Dan Flynn.

Yeah, Fulton was very similar to Vlad all right:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
of course black and white has a tendency to wash out definition

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ehhhhh
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #48
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Quote:
Dempsey isn't faster than Haye, doesn't hit harder either. He is cruder and more aggressive than Haye, which will get him brutally and hilariously knocked out.
Dempsey dosen't hit harder than Haye ...News to me, Speed, Dempsey threw harder better combinations and finally him being extremley aggresive and not fighting at Wlads pace will get him KO'd? in what world does that happen...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #49
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcapMaxie View Post
Yah liek he deed to d Daveed Hey.

I would like to see how Wlad would react to Dempsey's bullrushes, I still don't think Wlad has overcome his habit of being cowed by aggression, and I could envision Dempsey weaving under Wlad's 1-2's and landing heavily. Still I'd pick Wlad to win.

I'm thinking this goes to about 15-20 pages, if Seamus comes.
Oh god lets hope not, talking down Dempsey at every point he can and then saying he's a fan...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #50
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Willard:

Stamina - how many punches a round did he average over 10-20 rounds?

Durability - who was the biggest hitter he faced and how heavy was he?

Power - who was the most durable HW he proved his power against

I don't think Willard is particularly proven in any of those areas
What about Wlad how does he do against guys that hit very hard and fast with great left hooks and quick hard combinations?... How does he do against guys who dont fight at his pace and bull rush him...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #51
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Dempsey dosen't hit harder than Haye ...News to me, Speed, Dempsey threw harder better combinations and finally him being extremley aggresive and not fighting at Wlads pace will get him KO'd? in what world does that happen...
On the basis of what are you claiming that Dempsey hit harder than Haye? The Willard stoppage? The runt wore 5 ounce gloves and that was still an attrition stoppage. I'm not buying any old time nutbag propaganda about the runt's power.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #52
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
On the basis of what are you claiming that Dempsey hit harder than Haye? The Willard stoppage? The runt wore 5 ounce gloves and that was still an attrition stoppage. I'm not buying any old time nutbag propaganda about the runt's power.
I'm basing it on how Willard had an iron jaw and Dempsey destroyed him, Who has Haye KO'd in the way Dempsey did it to people? He couldn't even get glassed Jawed Wlad out..who Chisora... oh that all time great well of course Haye is a human wrecking ball with more speed and power than Dempsey...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #53
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You say the Willard stoppage was an "attrition stoppage" - but had that fight been fought today it would've been over after the first knockdown - it would've been stopped at that point on the first knockdown and the rest of the butchery wouldn't have even happened - it wasn't needed anyway Willard was gone from that point - and I'd dare say that it was closer to a one punch stoppage had that been the case - it was really that left hook that caved Willard cheek bone in that did the damage - that same left hook would've produced a very similar result if it hit Vlad in my opinion - I'd dare say Vit would've jumped in to save his brother would've jumped in if the referee wasn't stopping it
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #54
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dempsey isn't close to hitting as hard as Haye, compare Haye's KO's of Mormeck, Enzo Mac, Chisora, Gurov to Dempsey's best KOs, Haye needs less punches against generally bigger men. Where are all Dempsey's 1 punch kos? There aren't many to speak of

People in this thread are sadly deluded if think a 180lb man is taking Wlad's left hook or right hand, it's not happening

Quote:
What about Wlad how does he do against guys that hit very hard and fast with great left hooks and quick hard combinations?... How does he do against guys who dont fight at his pace and bull rush him...
He counters them and either knocks them out or more usually puts them in a shell when they feel his power. If you try to bullrush Wlad without a jab and a leading left hook liek Dempsey did you'll get knocked spark cold
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #55
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dempsey isn't close to hitting as hard as Haye, compare Haye's KO's of Mormeck, Enzo Mac, Chisora, Gurov to Dempsey's best KOs, Haye needs less punches against generally bigger men. Where are all Dempsey's 1 punch kos? There aren't many to speak of

People in this thread are sadly deluded if think a 180lb man is taking Wlad's left hook or right hand, it's not happening

He counters them and either knocks them out or more usually puts them in a shell when they feel his power. If you try to bullrush Wlad without a jab and a leading left hook liek Dempsey did you'll get knocked spark cold
did brewster throw allot of jabs
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #56
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

to say Dempsey just bullrushed guys is a bit off...if you watch Dempsey Willard the first 1:40 is spent with Dempsey drawing Willard forward by doing that frustrating walk away from Willards jab.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #57
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
did brewster throw allot of jabs
Much more than Dempsey ever did, Dempsey would get ko'd by the punches Brewster ate anyway
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #58
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Willard was 37, basically inactive for 4 years and didn't bother much with training .

An exact comparison Wlad.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #59
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Willard was 37, basically inactive for 4 years and didn't bother much with training .

An exact comparison Wlad.
Yea but Willard must be the fittest HW champ in history I mean he can stand up for 20 rounds, Wlad can only do 2:00min 800m intervals
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #60
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yea but Willard must be the fittest HW champ in history I mean he can stand up for 20 rounds, Wlad can only do 2:00min 800m intervals
Not the 1919 old ass version of Willard...

Also Wlad has some of the best hand speed, punch technique and footwork of any super heavy in history. Departments in which the old farmhand always lacked.

These kind of comparisons really make me wonder if some here are just more interested in history, and the preservation of boxing history canon, than in actual boxing... The observations on the latter are often sorely lacking.
Seamus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum