Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #62
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad v Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Much more than Dempsey ever did, Dempsey would get ko'd by the punches Brewster ate anyway
Not sure if he would or not..but he moved his head and feet better than brewster.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #63
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Oh dear, failure of the sarcasm radar
it was sarcasm from you but actually going 25 rounds even if it was just "standing" in 100 degree Cuban weather is rather impressive. Hence why I think Seamus took seriously
Old 02-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #64
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
it was sarcasm from you but actually going 25 rounds even if it was just "standing" in 100 degree Cuban weather is rather impressive. Hence why I think Seamus took seriously
At a pedestrian pace, which these types of fights were, it's no real show of stamina, boxing stamina is all about the pace you can fight at

Quote:
Not sure if he would or not..but he moved his head and feet better than brewster.
He was lighter on his feet being a stringbean but he often neglected head movement coming forward
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #65
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
At a pedestrian pace, which these types of fights were, it's no real show of stamina, boxing stamina is all about the pace you can fight at

He was lighter on his feet being a stringbean but he often neglected head movement coming forward
I somewhat I agree that Willard and Johnson were not killing in in there..however...25 rounds of spanking fapping is pretty impressive in 100+ cuban weather.

Ehhhh Dempsey moves his head.. BORKED

Last edited by Johnstown; 02-06-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: lol put in mexican pro wrestling at first..ha ha
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #66
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I somewhat I agree that Willard and Johnson were not killing in in there..however...25 rounds of spanking fapping is pretty impressive in 100+ cuban weather.

Ehhhh Dempsey moves his head.. BORKED
Did you post the ring video? He sometimes moves his head, he often neglected to

Anyway it's like comparing an average 4 hour marathon runner who was running in hot weather to Bekele and claiming Bekele wasn't as 'fit' because he didn't run as far
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #67
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Did you post the ring video? He sometimes moves his head, he often neglected to

Anyway it's like comparing an average 4 hour marathon runner who was running in hot weather to Bekele and claiming Bekele wasn't as 'fit' because he didn't run as far
Wlad doesn't even run, he swims
dyna is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #68
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Wlad doesn't even run, he swims
According to Emmanuel Steward OntheRopes interview Wlad did 2:00min 800m intervals. Which if true is staggering
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #69
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh dear, failure of the sarcasm radar
No, I got it... Just adding to a point already made...
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #70
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Again, the Willard that Dempsey was 37 years old and almost entirely inactive for 4 years. It was not the Havana version by any stretch. Its worse than saying Leon Spinks beat the same fighter who toppled Foreman.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #71
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

I think the problem jack has is in terms of punch resistance.

I think he's got the athletic abilities to trouble wlad, he hits hard, hits fast, fights at pace and is a superior athlete to wlad imo.

However wlad always lands his punches and could jack really take a stiff 1-2 from wlad?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #72
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I think the problem jack has is in terms of punch resistance.

I think he's got the athletic abilities to trouble wlad, he hits hard, hits fast, fights at pace and is a superior athlete to wlad imo.

However wlad always lands his punches and could jack really take a stiff 1-2 from wlad?
Strange coz for me punch resistance would be the thing I'd be concerned about with Vladimir??! And I'd say its Vladimir who has the athletic abilities to mean he should be a major problem for Dempsey??! But I always have in my mind as soon as Dempsey lands big what's gunna happen?? Problem being Dempsey always lands big and always lands early?
Was going to add about the way Vlad dropped like a sack of spuds to Corrie Sanders always leaves an element of doubt about his punch resistance - Sanders who strikes me as a sort equivalent puncher to probably someone like Luis Firpo who had Dempsey himself on the verge but difference being I've never seen Dempsey in anywhere near the flapping state Vlad was in that one - to the contrary Dempsey when hurt seemed to have that knack for hanging in there and getting down and dirty to survive and get the guy back as quickly as he could - the times Vlad has been badly hurt he has been all over the place and pretty much there for the taking

Last edited by RockysSplitNose; 02-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #73
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
Strange coz for me punch resistance would be the thing I'd be concerned about with Vladimir??! And I'd say its Vladimir who has the athletic abilities to mean he should be a major problem for Dempsey??! But I always have in my mind as soon as Dempsey lands big what's gunna happen?? Problem being Dempsey always lands big and always lands early?
we know wlad cannot take the power of jack. We do not know if jack can take the power if wlad. I'd assume not as he is too open.

Wlad is probably a better athlete considering his size and frame but in real world jack is quicker of hand, foot and head imo.

Anyways I think I've decided that jacks aggression is too reckless, his head movement isn't as good as those who came later. He'll walk into a wlad right hand and lose by ko.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #74
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
According to Emmanuel Steward OntheRopes interview Wlad did 2:00min 800m intervals. Which if true is staggering
Definitely bullshit.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #75
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
we know wlad cannot take the power of jack. We do not know if jack can take the power if wlad. I'd assume not as he is too open.

Wlad is probably a better athlete considering his size and frame but in real world jack is quicker of hand, foot and head imo.

Anyways I think I've decided that jacks aggression is too reckless, his head movement isn't as good as those who came later. He'll walk into a wlad right hand and lose by ko.
Dempsey was a decent cruiser brawler type puncher but I seriously doubt he hit as hard as Sanders or Brewster.

If some ham and egger like Firpo can get him into life and death situations, an unprecedented talent like Wlad makes this a laugher.

Sacrilegious, I know.
Seamus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum