Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Tyson by brutal KO 19 33.93%
Tyson by dec. 4 7.14%
Foreman by KO 32 57.14%
Foreman by dec ( which is not likely. hes not makin it 12 rounds with Tyson. 1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holyfield vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...

Tyson isn't Joe Frazier. He has quicker feet, can punch hard with his right hand and in his prime, had underrated boxing skills. Prime Tyson could go the distance with ease and i don't think George had great stamina. Tyson by UD.
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Tyson KOs the old, fat Foreman

Younger one also falls
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #33
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: What do you guys think was the real reason Tyson wouldnt fight Foreman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
He would have done if Foreman actually fought some none circus show fights, ie fought a top 10 contender and won, which I don't believe he did until Moorer

Tyson KO in about 5
Well said P!...
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #34
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tyson KOs the old, fat Foreman

Younger one also falls

What round do you think Tyson drops Younger Foreman?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #35
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Default Re: What do you guys think was the real reason Tysow his leon wouldnt fight Foreman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
most of his post prison run was guys who were tune up fights (or meant to be) Bruno? Seldon? Bruno was at least basically legit, as he had beaten McCall..Seldon? but in position by King....Holyfield...everyone thought he was totally shot and due to have a heart attack in the ring.

I will consed that Tyson more or less fought everyone he could before prison (other than holy and foreman of course..but at least holy they were trying to make the fight...) But Foreman would have still been a reasonable fight..and it would have been big money...

But as rumor has it ( And we've all heard this before ) Tyson wanted no part of Foreman and Mike probably figured he was gonna get just about the same amount of money to fight Holy instead. Clearly Tyson was runnin out of guys to just blow through in just a few rounds so most fight fans believed that a fight with George and Holy was inevitable, It just never happened, and had Tyson kept his ass outa jail who knows where his legacy would lay upon fight fans around the world. But in my mind still top 5 greatest HW of all time. I just really wish we could have seen The Ultimate match Tyson Vs Foreman.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #36
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773
Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

Tyson dosen't drop young or old Foreman
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #37
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
LOL, Foreman..........goes live and death with two ham and eggers aka Stewart/Savereasy...guys a washed up Tyson waxed in ONE round COMBINED.....gets boxed silly by glasschin Moorer and clowned by borderline yourneyman Kraut Schultz....Foreman in his second career faced only two legitmate fighters, Holyfield and Moorer and the rest were handpicked never beens, even with a gun out to his head he would never ever face a Ike, Tua, Bruno, Mercer, Bowe, Tyson, Lewis, McCall, Tucker , Ruddock etc etc etc...........and as far as standing in front of Foreman or trading with him, lol, most of the above mentioned C levels did and made it thru the fight and one could say Foreman got gift decsions when the going got tough.
Yeah, and for some reason, many people think Foreman was a top-level, elite fighter during most of his comeback. Tyson fought and beat much better fighters than George Foreman. It was simply Foreman's ballyhoo and comedy schtick that got the fans involved and clamoring (with George's encouragement) for a mega-fight with Mike Tyson. Bottom line is this: Foreman needed Tyson (at least initially) for a megabucks fight. Foreman was dead broke when he returned to boxing in 1987; the big money fight was against the champion, Mike Tyson. Foreman could have ensured a big-money fight against Tyson by beating a legitimate top ten contender. But Foreman didn't want to risk losing and blowing a big money title shot. So, Foreman kept up his comedy/circus act and continued to bowl over third-rate opposition in the hopes that he'd be given a title shot, which is what ultimately happened against Holyfield.

Smart business moves on George's part, but the reality is he was not a worthy challenger to Mike Tyson during Tyson's reign. His KO over Cooney was a highlight reel knockout over a fragile, unranked has-been who hadn't fought in several years. Why didn't Foreman fight a strong, young, rated fighter instead of Gerry Cooney? Was Cooney the best available opponent for George to showcase his skills on?
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #38
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

although the young and older versions of George were beatable they were still dangerous punchers. Tyson never got off the floor to win but George has and that should account for something however Tyson was faster and hit as hard and had better stamina than the young version of George but not by much, Tyson ko'd only 1 man after the 8th round and that was trial horse Jose Ribalta
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #39
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Let's clear this up. Tyson is NOT knocking out any version of Foreman.
clark is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Tyson dosen't drop young or old Foreman
But i can see him stopping an older Foreman on his feet after lots of unanswered punches.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #41
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3424

I've always thought Tyson v Foreman would resemble Tyson v Ruddock 2, with Foreman swollen up at the end. I don't think Tyson knocks out foreman, or even scores a KD.
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #42
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Holyfield stunned Foreman quite a few times. I would imagine a more powerful puncher in Tyson would do much more damage.
Sangria is online now  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #43
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3424

Personally I'm glad it never happened. Would've been a huge event with the money probably surpassing Holy v Tyson, but seeing Tyson beat the crap out of a middle aged fighter isn't my idea of entertainment.

For those that think Foreman had a shot, I'll have a shot of whatever you're drinking!!
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #44
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
Personally I'm glad it never happened. Would've been a huge event with the money probably surpassing Holy v Tyson, but seeing Tyson beat the crap out of a middle aged fighter isn't my idea of entertainment.

For those that think Foreman had a shot, I'll have a shot of whatever you're drinking!!
foreman had just as much chance as holmes did
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Foreman could of been sixty for that matter. Foreman is not backing away from Tyson. Tyson is not used to getting bullied. Yes, Tyson was quick but Foreman was more powerful.
clark is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum