Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Tyson by brutal KO 19 33.93%
Tyson by dec. 4 7.14%
Foreman by KO 32 57.14%
Foreman by dec ( which is not likely. hes not makin it 12 rounds with Tyson. 1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #46
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
Foreman could of been sixty for that matter. Foreman is not backing away from Tyson. Tyson is not used to getting bullied. Yes, Tyson was quick but Foreman was more powerful.
Tyson hit harder. Quicker. Better combinations. The list is endless.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #47
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

Tyson did not hit harder.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #48
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
Foreman could of been sixty for that matter. Foreman is not backing away from Tyson. Tyson is not used to getting bullied. Yes, Tyson was quick but Foreman was more powerful.
Old fat slow foreman aint bullying anyone

Foreman would have been by far the slowest guy Tyson ever faced.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #49
sean1982
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

What decent heavyweights did foreman bully and knock out in his second stint? Its laughable to think he wouldnt just be a punching bag.
sean1982 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #50
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Tyson did not hit harder.
I think Tyson hit harder than comeback Foreman. Actually, quite a few guys probably had more single-shot power than did Foreman. But a lot of guys confuse physical strength with punching power. Physically, Foreman was a beast; he was immensely strong in a brute strength sort of way. But his punching power gets overrated.
A lot of guys could have (and did) KO'd Moorer, Cooney, and Rodriguez just like George did.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #51
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
I think Tyson hit harder than comeback Foreman. Actually, quite a few guys probably had more single-shot power than did Foreman. But a lot of guys confuse physical strength with punching power. Physically, Foreman was a beast; he was immensely strong in a brute strength sort of way. But his punching power gets overrated.
A lot of guys could have (and did) KO'd Moorer, Cooney, and Rodriguez just like George did.
His punching power might be overrated in the 90's....but still in his prime the hardest hitting HW ever!...
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #52
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
His punching power might be overrated in the 90's....but still in his prime the hardest hitting HW ever!...
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #53
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Who hit harder my man?...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #54
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Who hit harder my man?...
There's no way of scientifically proving it, but just off the top of my head, I think the following guys were in Foreman's league for one-shot power (or maybe even stronger than Foreman):

David Tua
Razor Ruddock
Tommy Morrison
Lennox Lewis
Earnie Shavers
Gerry Cooney
Mike Tyson

I don't think Foreman (even in his prime) had real one-shot knockout power. He was a strong puncher, but he usually clubbed guys into submission.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #55
BillyBomber
Journeyman

It's a pretty close vote for sure, I voted for Tyson but to be honest i don't really have a clearcut winner imo, but 1 thing I know is that whoever voted that this fight goes to a decision are batshit crazy.
BillyBomber is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #56
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Seriously what does Foreman do better than Tyson??

And I DOUBT he carried more power than Mike ... he may have hit "harder" but in terms of power, Tyson had the more compact and explosive punches that he put his entire body behind. His technique alone gives him an advantage in generating power, in fact his body motion while punching gives him the advantage in generating power.

Prime Foreman at 6'4" 220-230 lbs didn't carry more power than prime Tyson at 5'10.5" 215-220. Tyson was more compact and FAR, far faster in terms of hand speed and acceleration.
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #57
rex11y
Journeyman

Styles make fights and a short guy like Tyson would have little chance of denting Foreman. Speed can compensate but Tyson even in his prime would have struggled to hurt a guy of the size and strength of Foreman. Psychology would also have played a part because Tyson would not be able to intimidate a guy like Foreman. Look at Tyson's performances against Holyfield and Douglas, as soon as plan A didn't work and he was out jabbed he could not execute a change in tactics and relied on one big shot to win. Foreman on the other hand had more facets to his game and it was only master boxers with great chins that had the style to beat him. My vote goes for Foreman every time.
rex11y is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #58
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
There's no way of scientifically proving it, but just off the top of my head, I think the following guys were in Foreman's league for one-shot power (or maybe even stronger than Foreman):

David Tua
Razor Ruddock
Tommy Morrison
Lennox Lewis
Earnie Shavers
Gerry Cooney
Mike Tyson

I don't think Foreman (even in his prime) had real one-shot knockout power. He was a strong puncher, but he usually clubbed guys into submission.

Tua and Cooney!?...Now your just talkin crazy!...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #59
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex11y View Post
Styles make fights and a short guy like Tyson would have little chance of denting Foreman. Speed can compensate but Tyson even in his prime would have struggled to hurt a guy of the size and strength of Foreman. Psychology would also have played a part because Tyson would not be able to intimidate a guy like Foreman. Look at Tyson's performances against Holyfield and Douglas, as soon as plan A didn't work and he was out jabbed he could not execute a change in tactics and relied on one big shot to win. Foreman on the other hand had more facets to his game and it was only master boxers with great chins that had the style to beat him. My vote goes for Foreman every time.
Yes!..Well said rex!..
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #60
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex11y View Post
Nonsense.

Tyson's combos would've put Foreman down ... Tyson was the last person to try and exchange with. Ron Lyle put Foreman on the canvas, a FAR superior talent in Mike Tyson would've done the same. Height mattered little to Tyson and he had no problem destroying guys much taller than him ... Foreman would stand right in front of Mike and get busted open. Tyson would've caved in his body while he was missing with his crazy, looping shots. The only problem would be how much the ref would allow Foreman to push Tyson away.

Foreman is the most overrated boxer on this forum ... he was nothing but a crude power puncher. Little skill overall. And he wasn't more powerful than Mike, who was pretty much the same weight prime Foreman and was shorter so he was much more stocky and densely built.

I agree that it is somewhat of a stylistic difficulty for Mike but his defense and speed allows him to overcome it. He isn't Frazier who would get hit often and nor is he Norton who had a weak chin. Tyson is a different animal from anyone Foreman has ever faced.
KidDynamite is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum