boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Wins?
Tyson by brutal KO 19 33.93%
Tyson by dec. 4 7.14%
Foreman by KO 32 57.14%
Foreman by dec ( which is not likely. hes not makin it 12 rounds with Tyson. 1 1.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #61
rex11y
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

The Foreman that faced Lyle was still suffering from the loss to Ali. Also Lyle was much bigger than Tyson and a match for Foreman in terms of strength. Holyfield managed to match Tyson for strength so in my mind Foreman would be powerful enough to manage Tyson physically and this would have been key in a match up. Also Tyson did have formidable power but it would take more than one big punch to do damage to Foreman. Big fighters like Douglas, Tucker, Smith and Lewis all gave Tyson problems and showed that if you could keep him at distance it negated much of his power and speed. The cliché of styles make fights is very much true in this instance, Foreman wasn't world champion in the greatest heavyweight era without some pretty serious firepower whereas Tyson dominated a weak division and flattered to deceive in his 'prime' years.
rex11y is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Foreman vs. Tyson!...Clash of the warriors...Holy the next best thing!?..

Young/Prime Foreman beats Prime Tyson.

Old Foreman would lose a decision to post prison Tyson. I see Holyfield had a few moments where just about any other HW would have been KO'd and Georges recovery rate was remarkable for the punishment he had just taken. I think George would have baited Tyson into punching George and I honestly believe Tyson would punch himself tired because post prison Tyson was mentally fkd... I can't see Tyson KO George;he was too tough.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #63
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex11y View Post
The Foreman that faced Lyle was still suffering from the loss to Ali. Also Lyle was much bigger than Tyson and a match for Foreman in terms of strength. Holyfield managed to match Tyson for strength so in my mind Foreman would be powerful enough to manage Tyson physically and this would have been key in a match up. Also Tyson did have formidable power but it would take more than one big punch to do damage to Foreman. Big fighters like Douglas, Tucker, Smith and Lewis all gave Tyson problems and showed that if you could keep him at distance it negated much of his power and speed. The cliché of styles make fights is very much true in this instance, Foreman wasn't world champion in the greatest heavyweight era without some pretty serious firepower whereas Tyson dominated a weak division and flattered to deceive in his 'prime' years.
Tyson weighed just as much as Lyle.

Tyson had no problems with Smith and Tucker; he won basically every round against those two.
Against Lewis, Tyson was a walking corpse (It's crazy how Lewis thinks his victory over that Tyson is some career defining win).
Foreman struggled with a limited but powerful guy like Lyle and was outboxed and dropped by a light-punching guy like Young.
And yes, Foreman was alive and punching in one of the greatest heavyweight eras ever, but how long did he reign? His entire reign consisted of one win against NOrton and a blowout of Roman.
Tyson cleaned out his whole division, and I'm sure Tyson would have steamrolled both Norton and Roman as well.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #64
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Tyson is better than Foreman at everything, every facet of the sport save perhaps punching power, which is arguable.

Tysons speed and defense would be the major difference ... Foremans best bet is to push Tyson into range and fire uppercuts but I doubt anything significant would land ... Mike would easily see his punches and wouldnt be a stationary target like many of Foremans opponents ... Despite Foremans power and chin, he was almost outgunned by Ron Lyle. Tyson NEVER lost pure punching exchanges, not even against Razor Ruddock .... I see Foreman missing by a mile and Tyson striking back with lightning counters

Tyson stands alone in regards to the level he reached in his peak
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #65
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fun fact: Tyson had more one punch knockouts than Foreman did!
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #66
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
Fun fact: Tyson had more one punch knockouts than Foreman did!
Tyson was superior in every concievable category

Except maybe one but even if you have an elemantary understanding of physics it becomes clear that Tyson carries more power in his punches than Foreman
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #67
eatthis

guys who fought shavers foreman and tyson said tyson didnt hit anywhere near as hard as shavers or foreman
in 81 fights only 1 guy EVER really hurt foreman and that a a monster in lyle
in 81 fights NOBODY EVER hurt foremans body not 1!
eatthis is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #68
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
Tyson weighed just as much as Lyle.

Tyson had no problems with Smith and Tucker; he won basically every round against those two.
Against Lewis, Tyson was a walking corpse (It's crazy how Lewis thinks his victory over that Tyson is some career defining win).
Foreman struggled with a limited but powerful guy like Lyle and was outboxed and dropped by a light-punching guy like Young.
And yes, Foreman was alive and punching in one of the greatest heavyweight eras ever, but how long did he reign? His entire reign consisted of one win against NOrton and a blowout of Roman.
Tyson cleaned out his whole division, and I'm sure Tyson would have steamrolled both Norton and Roman as well.
now i have no doubt, you are a ****ing troll and a foreman hater
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #69
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Tyson is better than Foreman at everything, every facet of the sport save perhaps punching power, which is arguable.

Tysons speed and defense would be the major difference ... Foremans best bet is to push Tyson into range and fire uppercuts but I doubt anything significant would land ... Mike would easily see his punches and wouldnt be a stationary target like many of Foremans opponents ... Despite Foremans power and chin, he was almost outgunned by Ron Lyle. Tyson NEVER lost pure punching exchanges, not even against Razor Ruddock .... I see Foreman missing by a mile and Tyson striking back with lightning counters

Tyson stands alone in regards to the level he reached in his peak
lesson number 1 little kid...

foreman was bigger,stronger, tougher mentally and physically, he had more heart than tyson could dream ever, he had more power in both hands(evander faced both men, and george was in his 40s and holyfield had no doubt about who had more power , you are nothing but a retard, i will listen evander) and he had stylistical advantage here, go back to your cave

(tyson himself said that foreman was a killer and did hit much harder than him, the video is on youtube)

Last edited by heavy_hands; 06-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #70
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo;15520073[B
]Foreman wanted none of Tyson[/b]. Obviously at that stage there wasn't much chance at a win except for a big shot which was never gonna materialize against Mike. And a decision win was even less likely, so he'd just be fighting to survive.

However if they did fight, I picked Mike by decision. I think Foreman was strong enough to be able to go the distance with Mike.

Foreman vs Morrison is pretty accurately how Foreman vs Tyson would have played out.
****s://***.youtube.com/watch?v=H1U-W6dQGHo

yes, foreman wanted no part of tyson... you are a complete retard haha

tyson could outpoint old foreman fighting like morrison did (tyson would have more problems because he was shorter and smaller than morrison), but i am pretty sure that tyson NEVER would fight like that, he would trade wth foreman
Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #71
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

[quote=Tommo;15520972]Hands, despite Cus and co telling Mike he couldn't beat someone like Foreman years before Foreman came out of retirement and despite Tyson making a statement he wants nothing to do with that monster, the truth is Tyson respected George, he didn't need to and didn't want to fight him when/if it was unnecessary.

Let's be honest.

A prime Tyson would easily dispatch any version of George,

The type of Tyson that could have faced George was a front runner to beat him too.

Foreman and Tyson would have had no real illusions as to who would really win had they fought. And neither would have the majority of the public.

And I always thought Tyson had pursued a fight on several occasions once he had reestablished himself and it would have been worthwhile and Foreman declined each time!

On Morrison, yeah he fought a smart fight unlike what Mike usually musters, fair enough. But even that Mike was too fast for old Georges attack and Tyson's punches were much better I don't care what anybody says on that, I have 2 eyes! The thing that will get George through without being KO'd is his great chin and ample body mass to absorb the damage![/quote

I agree..Foreman would get dispatched no doubt..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #72
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Sorry, when did did Tyson make this comment regarding Foreman to be a monster? as far as im concerned, its never been proven at all. Its basically someone heard someone say who knew someone who heard Tyson say this. *******s

A video was posted recently of Tyson from 91 about who he wanted to fight next and he clearly stated he may as well beat Foreman up before he dies of old age.

Tyson wipes the floor with old Foreman. I dont know why people keep using the Holyfield fight as a measuring stick for this? Tyson had barely boxed 8 rounds in 5 years when he fought Holyfield.

And Larry Holmes also did much better against Holyfield than Tyson did, he too had a great chin.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #73
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
Hands, despite Cus and co telling Mike he couldn't beat someone like Foreman years before Foreman came out of retirement and despite Tyson making a statement he wants nothing to do with that monster, the truth is Tyson respected George, he didn't need to and didn't want to fight him when/if it was unnecessary.

Let's be honest.

A prime Tyson would easily dispatch any version of George,

The type of Tyson that could have faced George was a front runner to beat him too.

Foreman and Tyson would have had no real illusions as to who would really win had they fought. And neither would have the majority of the public.

And I always thought Tyson had pursued a fight on several occasions once he had reestablished himself and it would have been worthwhile and Foreman declined each time!

On Morrison, yeah he fought a smart fight unlike what Mike usually musters, fair enough. But even that Mike was too fast for old Georges attack and Tyson's punches were much better I don't care what anybody says on that, I have 2 eyes! The thing that will get George through without being KO'd is his great chin and ample body mass to absorb the damage!
jesus what a bunch of ****

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum