Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145
Default Floyd sure does love that money

He got some real genius marketing schemes.

He first tries to generate buzz with Guerrero by mentioning his name as the next opponent. ESPN, Fighthype, Scene and every other boxing site mentions Guerrero. Some even go about ranking Guerrero in p4p rankings. For the last two months, it was all about Guerrero. At first everybody hated this fight, but after every boxing site mentioned it, it started buzzing. Then..

BAM... Floyd drops the "Guerrero is a rumor" line.

UHOH... that generates even more buzz and they try to figure out other possible opponents. Then..

Another BAM... drops the Alexander line after Guerrero bids himself out. This makes Guerrero paranoid even more now after Floyd says hes just a rumor. I think Mayweather also wanted to see the fans reaction of Floyd vs Alexander.

This generates another huge wave of buzz and folks want to see Guerrero even more now. This also fires up controversy of who it should be.. Guerrero or Alexander..

Everybody now is on the cliff waiting for Mayweather to tweet the next line (from what I see in the forums).

You got to understand, before Mayweather tweets anything, he goes about asking his people first (probably Haymon). All his tweets were planned. There is a reason why Mayweather is the highest paid athlete in the world.

I personally think its going to be Mayweather - Guerrero as long as Guerrero accepts the money Mayweather offers.

Either way, I love seeing the time of year when Floyd fights. Not only the fight itself, but the buzz that the boxing world gets.
kimonerz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd sure does love that money

So basically you enjoy Floyd cherry picking and manipulating the public to stir up buzz for his fights.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
So basically you enjoy Floyd cherry picking and manipulating the public to stir up buzz for his fights.
lol w/e man. Whether you like it or not, Floyd is good for boxing. He brings in a buzz nobody else can bring. And if you have an opponent in the WW division for Floyd better than Guerrero or Alexander, name them...
Besides any of Arum's fighters of course.
kimonerz is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
paclapse
Journeyman

Floyd is the Ultimate Troll man
paclapse is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He aint good for boxing. He creates buzz , but how many of his fights live up to the hype? How many fights has he given the fans that they were asking for?

Canelo is a better fight then Gueerro or Alexander. He could also fight Martinez, Trout, stop being a premadonna and fight Pac, or shit even a Cotto rematch is a better fight then Guerrero or fking Devon Alexander.
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

i love money too
H . is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 4000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimonerz View Post

He first tries to generate buzz with Guerrero by mentioning his name as the next opponent. ESPN, Fighthype, Scene and every other boxing site mentions Guerrero. Some even go about ranking Guerrero in p4p rankings. For the last two months, it was all about Guerrero. At first everybody hated this fight, but after every boxing site mentioned it, it started buzzing. Then..

UHOH... that generates even more buzz and they try to figure out other possible opponents. Then..

Another BAM... drops the Alexander line after Guerrero bids himself out. This makes Guerrero paranoid even more now after Floyd says hes just a rumor. I think Mayweather also wanted to see the fans reaction of Floyd vs Alexander.

This generates another huge wave of buzz and folks want to see Guerrero even more now. This also fires up controversy of who it should be.. Guerrero or Alexander..

Everybody now is on the cliff waiting for Mayweather to tweet the next line (from what I see in the forums).

You got to understand, before Mayweather tweets anything, he goes about asking his people first (probably Haymon). All his tweets were planned. There is a reason why Mayweather is the highest paid athlete in the world.

I personally think its going to be Mayweather - Guerrero as long as Guerrero accepts the money Mayweather offers.

Either way, I love seeing the time of year when Floyd fights. Not only the fight itself, but the buzz that the boxing world gets.
Yeah, Floyd tries to wring every nickel he can out of a fight and it don't make sense to get mad cause he doing what he's supposed to do. He puts on a good show and I have never been disapointed with any of his fights. Shit, let a player play.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

delete

Last edited by Boxed Ears; 06-22-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Personally, I hate money - the concept of it.

I just assume having my freedom not be dictated by my purchasing power.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #11
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Floyd's been after Mathew Hatton for a few years.
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimonerz View Post

I like boxing not ****in Twitter.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #13
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Basically the OP is saying that the soap opera and circus Floyd creates are always more entertaining than the fights themselves. Without this circus and building up his cherry picks we would be left with nothing but a boring 12 round fight full of jabs and distant right counters - technically and defensively excellent, but value and entertainment is awful - it's why Floyd knows this circus is absolutely necessary as it's his persona keeping him in the press to this large an extent, not his fighting style
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
I like boxing not ****in Twitter.
Sums up Mayweather
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He aint good for boxing. He creates buzz , but how many of his fights live up to the hype? How many fights has he given the fans that they were asking for?

Canelo is a better fight then Gueerro or Alexander. He could also fight Martinez, Trout, stop being a premadonna and fight Pac, or shit even a Cotto rematch is a better fight then Guerrero or fking Devon Alexander.
He ain't good for boxing? The numbers don't lie baby.
boxfanlut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum