Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #106
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Re: Guerrero wanted $4 million. Floyd only willing to give $2.5 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Honestly, do you think that if promoters thought it would buzz that they would be pushing Mayweather to take him on? Don't you think Mayweather himself would choose the fight? 40 million, another easy fight?

Come on dude think.

That still doesn't mean casual fans dont remember the boring fight between Marquez and Mayweather where it was a 12-0 SHUT OUT.

Then they realize they fought and Marquez lost all 12 rounds vs a Mayweather who wasn't even giving it his all.

Pac Marquez 4 had history, controversy and close fights. Mayweather and Marquez have nothing.

EVERYONE

Completely wrong. That's why Golden Boy isn't pushing for it, that's why Mayweather isn't pushing for it.

Has Marquez even said a word about it?

Cause no one wants it.
1. Mayweather probably does want the fight and Marquez is probably on his list! It's just that Marquez is now TR property (Or at least partially), therefore, that itself makes it more difficult for it to happen. Think man!

IT DOES mean that, I've stated before and I'll state it again. Most casual fans remember a fighter for what they did last fight. Last fight- JMM knocked Pacquiao's head off and JMM is an exciting fighter.

That's why Ortiz/Mayweather sold decently well. Fans saw the Berto fight and remember him for his courage. They don't remember him quitting against Maidana back in 2009. That's what you call casual fans!

Although it was a 12-0 shutout last time for Mayweather, people are going to start to believe that JMM now has a chance, being a different fighter that he is. With all the muscle he now packs.

JMM is a PPV attraction in his own right and Mexican fans will pay to see that fight, a match vs Mayweather, even if it was a shit fight last time around will be HUGE in Mexico/America

JMM/Mayweather are the #1/#2 p4p fighters in the world, that enough will turn some people on. With a decent undercard, this fight will sell well.

Marquez hasn't said a word about fighting ANYONE. He's still contemplating retirement .

When he gets out of his "planning to retire" stage, he'll say something.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #107
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

I would think that if GB was willing to pay Donaire/TR 3 mil to fight Mares then 4 mil to Guerrero to fight Floyd wouldn't be much of a problem.

Beenie is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #108
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
"Trying to sell" is the key there. Except that what sells to casual fans is Ortiz getting off his ass and putting Berto down and fighting hard.
Yup, and I'm sure that story did indeed pull some fans in.

Let's not pretend 1 fight against Berto pulled all those fans in. It was a mixture of Mayweather's status, that emotional story, Ortiz's resilience and courage vs Berto in that 1 fight.

Think man! Ortiz QUIT vs Maidana 2 years prior to the Mayweather fight! Why would people pay to see this man's courage/tenacity when he has quit like a wussy before!
MVC is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #109
Badbot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
I would think that if GB was willing to pay Donaire/TR 3 mil to fight Mares then 4 mil to Guerrero to fight Floyd wouldn't be much of a problem.

that 3 mil was a shot against Arum and i figure that Floyd has the say on how much his opponent gets.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #110
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
What's funny is that I'm a Mayweather fan. But I'm sick of the retirements and these second rate fights now.

I'd say he should retire for good, but he's making too much to even consider that.
You mean Bradley's left overs that he wouldn't give a rematch too? I wonder if Tim regrets the decision now that Alexander is on May's radar?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #111
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

It's no problem, but one has to think in the business sense. Why should I give Guerrero 4 million when I can give someone else 2.5 million and have similar results?

Guerrero doesn't put asses on seats, when he walks into the ring, you can hear a rat piss on cotton.

He has no charisma, he's lying/ or at least way overexaggerating to his fans on twitter, he has no fans outside of Gilroy.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #112
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

2.5 million is enough for Robert, he should be more than happy with it.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #113
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Another decent fight ruined by Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s slobbering hairy vagina.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #114
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:

good point, but they still gotta pay Canelo and his opponent. Plus if they still want Broner on the card, that'll add to the bill as well
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #115
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post
that 3 mil was a shot against Arum and i figure that Floyd has the say on how much his opponent gets.
As long a Floyd gets his agreed upon cut, other than a stroke to his ego, what's it to him how much his opponent gets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
It's no problem, but one has to think in the business sense. Why should I give Guerrero 4 million when I can give someone else 2.5 million and have similar results?

Guerrero doesn't put asses on seats, when he walks into the ring, you can hear a rat piss on cotton.

He has no charisma, he's lying/ or at least way overexaggerating to his fans on twitter, he has no fans outside of Gilroy.

GB has been subtly promoting a possible Floyd-Guerrero match for over a year now. Clearly this fight is their preference. The amount of money that is allegedly keeping the fight from happening seems relatively small when you compare it to other offers that GB has allegedly made.

BTW, this all seems like a contrived controversy to get more people on board with a Floyd-Guerrero matchup, and it seems to be working.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #116
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The bottom line is that Floyd is running out of safe fights. He's going to have to start paying these no-hopers or he's gonna have to get right the **** on out.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #117
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Wasn't it pretty clear from the get go that's Guerrero's dominant motive wasn't to strive for greatness but to pay off his wife's medical bills
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #118
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
good point, but they still gotta pay Canelo and his opponent. Plus if they still want Broner on the card, that'll add to the bill as well
How long before Floyd has to face his mando and let this go to purse bid and pay him 25%?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #119
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:

Interesting, but you have to remember that there isn't a Floyd mayweather on the Donaire/Mares card making 35/40 million on the same card taking up a big chunk of the bill.

Then there is Canelo, whomever he fights. Possibly Broner and his opponent

Then the PPV distributor takes 50%

GBP and Haymon also get a cut
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #120
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Interesting, but you have to remember that there isn't a Floyd mayweather on the Donaire/Mares card making 35/40 million on the same card taking up a big chunk of the bill.

Then there is Canelo, whomever he fights. Possibly Broner and his opponent

Then the PPV distributor takes 50%

GBP and Haymon also get a cut
I'd kick Broner off the card
Slickstar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum