derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

vCash: 533
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
nice work
Wlad has 5 belts. No mands for "ring" of "IBO"... but the mands are constant for WBA.IBF and WBO. Many guys they want to fight know they are close to being a mand thus higher pay. They wont say that to the media... instead they bitch that the "offer was low"... sure it is... its a voluntary NOT a mand......

like FURY.... he mentions "$10 million".... for a voluntary? or he says "i will deal with them on my terms"...Really?..Why? who are you to dictate terms on a voluntary. If you dont like the offer, say NO and move on or fight your way to a mand position. Why should wlad be paying HUGE amounts that are close to a mand for a voluntary? From a business point, it doesnt make sense.

Where is the dislike to the fighters that wont take the cash and chance to win the titles because they want more money? haters bitch that wlad offers to little, what about the fighters that want to much...again we are talking VOLUNTARY

Guys like fury who think they can dictate what the CHAMPION should offer for a voluntary are a joke. yet haters on here hang on Fury's every word...... its ridiculous
Look Wlad has a eggchin as we all know. He fights like a scared girl. He has been kicked off HBO and showtime and espn360 because he fights non risky fights. When are you people going to wake up? He has NEVER sold a PPV here in the USA. Yet you guys keep making excuses. We don't want to hear all the shit. We just wont to see Wlad in the ring with people that will hit him back. Whats up with Wlads skin? Never seen anyone cut so easy. All the punches he hit Wach with yet Wlad was the one bleeding. Wlad has really hurt boxing. I will have a party the day he gets KTFO.
derrick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #212
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
I posted where each fighter was Ranked by the RING the year Lewis Fought them.....Its not My Rankings, its the Rankings by the Ring Magazine....

FOTC?...Maybe in Hype....but Jeffries has no business being in a Boxing ring fighting for the title....
No you didnt. You posted the rankings from one given month which is totally unrepresentative of an era that fought much more often hence had a greater fluctuation of rankings.

Had you access to the other 11 months of the the year you'd see exactly what i mean. Those rankings on boxrec are just 1/12 for the whole year.

Jeffries had no business fighting Johnson? I don't think I've ever read anything as ridiculous on this site. Was he in ideal fighting shape? Of course not. But was it the victory that sealed the legacy of Johnson as arguably the greatest hw in history at that time? Damn right it was. You must consider context when comparing across eras.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #213
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
Look Wlad has a eggchin as we all know. He fights like a scared girl. He has been kicked off HBO and showtime and espn360 because he fights non risky fights. When are you people going to wake up? He has NEVER sold a PPV here in the USA. Yet you guys keep making excuses. We don't want to hear all the shit. We just wont to see Wlad in the ring with people that will hit him back. Whats up with Wlads skin? Never seen anyone cut so easy. All the punches he hit Wach with yet Wlad was the one bleeding. Wlad has really hurt boxing. I will have a party the day he gets KTFO.
WOW.
so much bullshit in 1 post
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #214
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Jeffries had no business fighting Johnson? I don't think I've ever read anything as ridiculous on this site. Was he in ideal fighting shape? Of course not. But was it the victory that sealed the legacy of Johnson as arguably the greatest hw in history at that time? Damn right it was. You must consider context when comparing across eras.
believe what you wanna believe about the rankings.....

The Win over Jeffires mean shit....if that Seals his Legacy then Johnson is just as overrated as iv always viewed him as.....

Jeffires had been RETIRED for 6 YEARS and was up to 330lbs before he started training....That would be Similar to Bowe Returning to fight Wlad With no tune up and 1 training camp to get back in shape....That kinda fight would never be allowed in this day.....
marciano1952 is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #215
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Haters and Fan Boys can say whatever they like.

But the bottom line is, Wladimir Klitschko Vs. Placenta has NO business being a Heavyweight Title fight.

ESPECIALLY, not after Mormeck, Thompson, and Wach.
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #216
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Haters and Fan Boys can say whatever they like.

But the bottom line is, Wladimir Klitschko Vs. Placenta has NO business being a Heavyweight Title fight.

ESPECIALLY, not after Mormeck, Thompson, and Wach.
Jack Johnson defended his title against this guy
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Joe Louis against this guy

Old 02-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #217
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
believe what you wanna believe about the rankings.....

The Win over Jeffires mean shit....if that Seals his Legacy then Johnson is just as overrated as iv always viewed him as.....

Jeffires had been RETIRED for 6 YEARS and was up to 330lbs before he started training....That would be Similar to Bowe Returning to fight Wlad With no tune up and 1 training camp to get back in shape....That kinda fight would never be allowed in this day.....
It's not a question of what I want to believe it is a question of fact. The rankings are there to represent December of the years in question. There is a poster on here called hhascup. One of the leading authorities on rankings and resumes. He'll clear it up if you have any genuine interest in doing so. We all have to start somewhere and the boxrec database is as good as any but ask yourself this, who updates those rankings?

The most recent years were actually updated by myself it's all in my posting history.

Again with Jeffries, everyone at the time demanded that fight. Holding it against him when everyone wanted it is just a failed attempt at rewriting history.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #218
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

In fact once I purchase this months magazine I'll update last years December rankings, unless someone has beaten me to it.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #219
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

Again with Jeffries, everyone at the time demanded that fight. Holding it against him when everyone wanted it is just a failed attempt at rewriting history.

Im not holding it against him....Im simply pointing out the 6yr layoff and weight loss Jeffries had to do going into this fight so people dont get a False idea that this was a Prime and ready Jeffries....The win thought for Johnson Means Little in my eyes, i dont care how many people wanted to see it, it adds little to his Resume.....and I rank Jeffries #3 All time at Heavy....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #220
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Im not holding it against him....Im simply pointing out the 6yr layoff and weight loss Jeffries had to do going into this fight so people dont get a False idea that this was a Prime and ready Jeffries....The win thought for Johnson Means Little in my eyes, i dont care how many people wanted to see it, it adds little to his Resume.....and I rank Jeffries #3 All time at Heavy....
The value of the resume is not the question. What is is the value of the opponent at the time and clearly Jeffries was seen as a valuable opponent at the time, infinitely more so than either of wlads run of 4 which was my original point.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #221
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
The value of the resume is not the question. What is is the value of the opponent at the time and clearly Jeffries was seen as a valuable opponent at the time, infinitely more so than either of wlads run of 4 which was my original point.
Im sure More people would see Lewis as a bigger threat to Wlad ATM than Pianeta but in all likely hood the weight he would have to lose and the time spent out of the ring would defiantly have the same effect they had on Jim and he would show of Shot.....It is our job to see through the BS like that to keep a true account of the Sport....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #222
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Im sure More people would see Lewis as a bigger threat to Wlad ATM than Pianeta but in all likely hood the weight he would have to lose and the time spent out of the ring would defiantly have the same effect they had on Jim and he would show of Shot.....It is our job to see through the BS like that to keep a true account of the Sport....
The key difference is this: absolutely no one wants to see wlad fight pianeta. Absolutely everyone wanted to see Johnson fight Jeffries.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #223
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2364

Quote:
The key difference is this: absolutely no one wants to see wlad fight pianeta. Absolutely everyone wanted to see Johnson fight Jeffries.
Fight of the Century
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #224
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Only Because of the Racism of the times and Jeffries Name....not because of Anything he had done in the ring in the past 6yrs.....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #225
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Quote:
Jack Johnson defended his title against this guy

Joe Louis against this guy

Umm.. Joe Louis fought 7 fights that year :S What's your point?

And yes, Jack Johnson had no business fighting that bum.

Again, what's your point? Did I say that olden day fighters never ever thought bums? NO.

But there's **** all that can be done about it. Wlad on the other hand, is fighting NOW, and these kinds of fights STILL have no business being made.

Are you saying to me Wlad Vs. Placenta is a good fight? And it would even get casual fans to tune in? Of course not. It's a bullshit fight.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's as simple as that.
Dee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum