Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #226
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Umm.. Joe Louis fought 7 fights that year :S What's your point?

And yes, Jack Johnson had no business fighting that bum.

Again, what's your point? Did I say that olden day fighters never ever thought bums? NO.

But there's **** all that can be done about it. Wlad on the other hand, is fighting NOW, and these kinds of fights STILL have no business being made.

Are you saying to me Wlad Vs. Placenta is a good fight? And it would even get casual fans to tune in? Of course not. It's a bullshit fight.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's as simple as that.
And Wlad plans to fight 3 times in an Age when Champs fight AT MOST 4 times....This is a Stay busy fight before he takes on Povetkin in the summer...which i can garuntee youll bitch about as well

If you want to Hold Wlad to a higher standard then go right ahead..But if you want fights like this to not be for a title then you have to re write history and take Title defences away from Johnson, Holmes, Louis, etc....
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #227
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,611
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
Only Because of the Racism of the times and Jeffries Name....not because of Anything he had done in the ring in the past 6yrs.....
Doesn't matter what the reason was. The fact is people wanted it.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #228
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

HE got a gift draw against Albert Sosnowski
maciek4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #229
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Doesn't matter what the reason was. The fact is people wanted it.
ok....So does not matter what kinda shape, how inactive, how old, or how much weight the fighter has to lose....as long as poeple wanna see the fight it Means is a Good Worthy fight that seals a fighter legacy?
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #230
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London Innit
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 138
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
And Wlad plans to fight 3 times in an Age when Champs fight AT MOST 4 times....This is a Stay busy fight before he takes on Povetkin in the summer...which i can garuntee youll bitch about as well

If you want to Hold Wlad to a higher standard then go right ahead..But if you want fights like this to not be for a title then you have to re write history and take Title defences away from Johnson, Holmes, Louis, etc....
You're missing the point.

Holding Wlad to a higher standard means insisting Wlad fights 7 times in a year. And that would be ridiculous. Just like it's ridiculous how you're comparing fighters from before ANYONE on this forum was even born.

Ridiculous.

I didn't, don't and won't bitch about Povetkin. So you can stop making yourself come across as a fool.

And no, I don't need to re-write history. I'll leave that to you, and let you take things out of context all the time.

I already explained this 'keep busy' bullshit in an earlier post in this thread. Even Klit fans agreed with me.

You're clearly just a narrow minded 'us vs. them' kinda guy.

Maybe you should consider taking a slightly more objective viewpoint?

I refuse to blindly accept shit fights because 'they happened in the past'.

I want to see the best fight the best. If that doesn't happen, then I'm not happy. The Champion fighting 4 guys in a row who aren't the best, when there are other fighters around, in my opinion is simply not good enough.
Dee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #231
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London Innit
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 138
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
ok....So does not matter what kinda shape, how inactive, how old, or how much weight the fighter has to lose....as long as poeple wanna see the fight it Means is a Good Worthy fight that seals a fighter legacy?
The point is, you either fight a good fighter, or a fighter people want to see you fight.

If you have both, you have a GREAT fight.

If you have neither, you have Wlad Vs. Placenta.

Dee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #232
OG Wenger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

What a joke the Klitchkos have become.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #233
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,611
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
ok....So does not matter what kinda shape, how inactive, how old, or how much weight the fighter has to lose....as long as poeple wanna see the fight it Means is a Good Worthy fight that seals a fighter legacy?
In a word, yes.

See Johnson - Jeffries. See Lewis - Tyson.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #234
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
In a word, yes.

See Johnson - Jeffries. See Lewis - Tyson.
And no one in there right Mind list Tyson as one of Lewis's best Wins....He was Totally shot and Gassed after just a few rounds....No one mentions that fight without Making note of Tyson being WAY past it, which is what i did when i listed Jeffries on Johnson's Resume
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #235
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London Innit
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 138
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
And no one in there right Mind list Tyson as one of Lewis's best Wins....He was Totally shot and Gassed after just a few rounds....No one mentions that fight without Making note of Tyson being WAY past it, which is what i did when i listed Jeffries on Johnson's Resume
Agreed, but the sad thing is, is that a victory over a shot Tyson DID do wonders for Lewis' legacy.

Which in my opinion, is a very sad thing about our sport.
Dee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #236
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,611
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
And no one in there right Mind list Tyson as one of Lewis's best Wins....He was Totally shot and Gassed after just a few rounds....No one mentions that fight without Making note of Tyson being WAY past it, which is what i did when i listed Jeffries on Johnson's Resume
But the point is people wanted that fight and noone wants the pianeta fight.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #237
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
But the point is people wanted that fight and noone wants the pianeta fight.
And My point is Just because the Public demands it does not make it a good fight...
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #238
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,611
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
And My point is Just because the Public demands it does not make it a good fight...
No the original point was mine.

And it is that no hw champ in history has strung together such a poor run of opponents whilst champion. Mentioning Jeffries in this context is ridiculous same with mentioning Tyson.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #239
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 441
vCash: 1000
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
No the original point was mine.

And it is that no hw champ in history has strung together such a poor run of opponents whilst champion. Mentioning Jeffries in this context is ridiculous same with mentioning Tyson.

If it was Prime Jeffries id have not mentioned him.....But a 6yrs retired coming down from 330lb Jeffries is by no mean a great or good contended...
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #240
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,611
vCash: 330
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano1952 View Post
If it was Prime Jeffries id have not mentioned him.....But a 6yrs retired coming down from 330lb Jeffries is by no mean a great or good contended...
You're completely missing the point mate.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013