Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #121
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: looks like Klitschko-Pianeta

This is better than Oquendo and Solis, definitely.

Oquendo is a shot contender. Pianeta is in his prime, undefeated, decent shape. Solis has more potential but he's always fat; people would have complained because of his shape. And he's inactive. Pianeta will not be a fat slob.

He's a decent choice before the big fight against Povetkin/Pulev or whoever.
Asterion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #122
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Now after this, We're getting this Placenta Mother****er?
It will be said in the books: Of the era, some were connected to fatasses, and some were connected to foetuses. But none of them more so than Italy's best, the super heavyweight contender known as Placenta.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #123
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403

Can't wait for the presser where Wlad tries to sell Pianeta by comparing him to some ATG from the past or going on about how his undefeated crap record makes him determined and dangerous. Another crap defense from Wlad in Germany, this is getting tiring.

Pianeta has little power, so hopefully at least Wlad blows him out early as he should.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #124
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403

Quote:
Yeah, I liked Solis too.

To be fair though Chef, I don't see how this Placenta dude is the 'best challenge' out there.

Fury would take the fight if he was offered enough money, And I wasen't privy to the conversations with Solis' Management/Promoters.

But It DOES seem to be excuse after excuse for Klitschko's Opponents.

Mormeck - Keep Busy.

It was clear he had to fight Thompson next, and so there was no need for a dude like Mormeck getting a title fight.

Thompson - Mandatory

Ok, not Wlad's fault. But the fight above, and the fight below, ARE down to him. So if you're going to fight a shit mandatory... Why not make your other fights half decent?

Wach - A 'good' keep busy fight.

Just because he lasted the distance, and caught Wlad once, he got kudos for it. Then it turned out he was on steroids.

That's FOUR sub-standard fights in a row.

If Tyson Fury is mouthing off, then why doesn't Wlad fight him? He stated he won't fight either Klitschko's for 10 Million - Clearly highlighting that he feels he's been messed around, and he doesn't want the hassle with negotiations.

I don't know if it's true or not, but simply put, why not just put an offer on the table. Make it a big one. With ONE re-match clause. And make as much of it open to the public as possible. (Bearing in mind COmmercial Confidentiality etc). Maybe then we'll know whether or not people are being offered shit contracts, or they genuinely don't want to fight.

Because this is 4 shit fights in a row now. And quite frankly, it's inexcusable. I'd rather see Chisora have another shot, or Wlad fast track one of the dudes in the eliminators.
One of the very few posts where I agree with you
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #125
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
This isn't really much better than Oquendo.
Not much but at least Pianeta is undefeated and in his physical prime.
Son of Gaul is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #126
moparfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yeah, I liked Solis too.

To be fair though Chef, I don't see how this Placenta dude is the 'best challenge' out there.

Fury would take the fight if he was offered enough money, And I wasen't privy to the conversations with Solis' Management/Promoters.

But It DOES seem to be excuse after excuse for Klitschko's Opponents.

Mormeck - Keep Busy.

It was clear he had to fight Thompson next, and so there was no need for a dude like Mormeck getting a title fight.

Thompson - Mandatory

Ok, not Wlad's fault. But the fight above, and the fight below, ARE down to him. So if you're going to fight a shit mandatory... Why not make your other fights half decent?

Wach - A 'good' keep busy fight.

Just because he lasted the distance, and caught Wlad once, he got kudos for it. Then it turned out he was on steroids.

That's FOUR sub-standard fights in a row.

If Tyson Fury is mouthing off, then why doesn't Wlad fight him? He stated he won't fight either Klitschko's for 10 Million - Clearly highlighting that he feels he's been messed around, and he doesn't want the hassle with negotiations.

I don't know if it's true or not, but simply put, why not just put an offer on the table. Make it a big one. With ONE re-match clause. And make as much of it open to the public as possible. (Bearing in mind COmmercial Confidentiality etc). Maybe then we'll know whether or not people are being offered shit contracts, or they genuinely don't want to fight.

Because this is 4 shit fights in a row now. And quite frankly, it's inexcusable. I'd rather see Chisora have another shot, or Wlad fast track one of the dudes in the eliminators.
The problem does not lie with K2, but with other boxers & their management. K2 was very respectful in their negotiations with us at TEAM KINGPIN when we fought Vitali. But other fighters and their management hear the possibility of fighting a Klitschko, & they try to **** K2 over; (want more money, dictate the negotiations, etc).

I spoke with Tyson Fury on the phone before the KINGPIN-Fury fight, and he said if he ever fought a Klitschko it would be on his terms...!!! Why??? He's a nobody, they are the Champions; they have the right to make offers they feel justifiable to make.

Most heavyweight boxers now-a-days are ****ing around, fighting nobodies, just hoping that the Klitschkos retire instead of fighting them. Its not the Klitschko brothers' fault, its the other boxers in the HW Division...and I'm not even a Klitschko fan per se, but K2 always seems to get the bad press/ bad image when fighters don't want to fight the Klitschko brothers. Its K2 lowballing boxers, when in fact K2 is offering substantially decent money for a great opportunity to fight for a (HW Title).
moparfan is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #127
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
It will be said in the books: Of the era, some were connected to fatasses, and some were connected to foetuses. But none of them more so than Italy's best, the super heavyweight contender known as Placenta.
Lolll!! His name just reminds me of this! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
One of the very few posts where I agree with you
Haha, I just got really pissed off. It's so damn frustrating being a boxing fan, at the best of times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfan View Post
The problem does not lie with K2, but with other boxers & their management. K2 was very respectful in their negotiations with us at TEAM KINGPIN when we fought Vitali. But other fighters and their management hear the possibility of fighting a Klitschko, & they try to **** K2 over; (want more money, dictate the negotiations, etc).

I spoke with Tyson Fury on the phone before the KINGPIN-Fury fight, and he said if he ever fought a Klitschko it would be on his terms...!!! Why??? He's a nobody, they are the Champions; they have the right to make offers they feel justifiable to make.

Most heavyweight boxers now-a-days are ****ing around, fighting nobodies, just hoping that the Klitschkos retire instead of fighting them. Its not the Klitschko brothers' fault, its the other boxers in the HW Division...and I'm not even a Klitschko fan per se, but K2 always seems to get the bad press/ bad image when fighters don't want to fight the Klitschko brothers. Its K2 lowballing boxers, when in fact K2 is offering substantially decent money for a great opportunity to fight for a (HW Title).
I'm not privy to what was discussed between Team Kingpin and K2 Promotions.

But it's irrelevant. Yes, Fury is full of shit at the best of times. And of course, no challenger will have everything on 'their terms'. If K2 make an offer, for a TITLE SHOT, and a challenger feels he can make more money elsewhere, why on earth would he take it?

When you have to make a further 2 re-matches, and even in THOSE fights, the new champion isn't going to make as much money. Some say: Tough luck... Then don't take the shot.

But many of us believe that this kills the division. Haye made over $1.5 Million fighting Chisora. Fury considered rejected 650,000 to fight Price.

Now, if he's going to be making that amount or less fighting a Klitschko, plus a further 2 re-matches at a similar rate, with all terms in favour of K2...

Why on earth would anyone feel the need to rush in?

American and British fighters bring money to the table. Like him or loathe him, but Tyson Fury draws a crowd, and brings something to the table. Take somebody like Haye, and there's a lot more being brought to the table. (Haye got a guaranteed 3 Million fighting Fraudley).

So I wouldn't exactly call it a 'career high' payday for some of the fighters, but it's definitely a 'career high' payday for the likes of Charr, Mormeck (post Cruiserweight Career), Wach and this Placenta dude.

So whilst people may be 'greedy'... If ALL the top challengers are asking for too much, then maybe it's K2 that are offering unfavourable terms?

Regardless though, if I was Champion, especially in such a weak Heavyweight Era, I'd be going out of my way to fight the best possible. Even if it meant paying them a little over the odds, and sticking to only a single re-match clause.
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #128
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Notice that Vlad has been fighting tall fighters lately? There is a reason for such. Wilder's name has been mentioned, if Fury can get the money then he will fight Fury, but Fury or Price is not ready yet. I think Vlad will knock Wilder out next, esp. since Wilder is an American hero. That fight will sell out, perhaps at MSG..................Vlad also has Fury and Price on his mind..............so it makes sense........................preparing for tall fighters, afterall, Wach was as tall as Vitali, around 6 feet 8 inches.................so he was about an inch taller than Vlad, Fury is taller, Price is, at least as tall, Wilder about the same, but Wilder could do nothing in sparring with Vlad, he would get outclassed and knocked out..............
Farmboxer is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #129
Dee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 138

There is one more point I forgot to make....

Wlad sought to get the Povetkin fight postponed. On that basis, I believe he owes the fans of Heavyweight Boxing a GOOD opponent.

Not this Placenta Chap from Italy.
Dee is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #130
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Not this Placenta Chap from Italy.

Warning: that shit is rated R

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM   #131
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
solis was close until Promoter issues (don K).. Oquendo was NEVER in... we have all been laughing at team Oquendo making claims they were close to a deal. Deal with who?

Povetkin will happen this summer
good to hear CHEF
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #132
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Lolll!! His name just reminds me of this! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Haha, I just got really pissed off. It's so damn frustrating being a boxing fan, at the best of times!

I'm not privy to what was discussed between Team Kingpin and K2 Promotions.

But it's irrelevant. Yes, Fury is full of shit at the best of times. And of course, no challenger will have everything on 'their terms'. If K2 make an offer, for a TITLE SHOT, and a challenger feels he can make more money elsewhere, why on earth would he take it?

When you have to make a further 2 re-matches, and even in THOSE fights, the new champion isn't going to make as much money. Some say: Tough luck... Then don't take the shot.

But many of us believe that this kills the division. Haye made over $1.5 Million fighting Chisora. Fury considered rejected 650,000 to fight Price.

Now, if he's going to be making that amount or less fighting a Klitschko, plus a further 2 re-matches at a similar rate, with all terms in favour of K2...

Why on earth would anyone feel the need to rush in?

American and British fighters bring money to the table. Like him or loathe him, but Tyson Fury draws a crowd, and brings something to the table. Take somebody like Haye, and there's a lot more being brought to the table. (Haye got a guaranteed 3 Million fighting Fraudley).

So I wouldn't exactly call it a 'career high' payday for some of the fighters, but it's definitely a 'career high' payday for the likes of Charr, Mormeck (post Cruiserweight Career), Wach and this Placenta dude.

So whilst people may be 'greedy'... If ALL the top challengers are asking for too much, then maybe it's K2 that are offering unfavourable terms?

Regardless though, if I was Champion, especially in such a weak Heavyweight Era, I'd be going out of my way to fight the best possible. Even if it meant paying them a little over the odds, and sticking to only a single re-match clause.

Good points.

The only trouble is that many of those top 15 HWs like Fury perhaps bring marketing and a fan base to the table, but they don't bring the key element of recent wins over highly ranked opposition. Without that they can't negotiate on terms much. Fury an is interesting proposition, but doesn't have much behind him in terms of high quality wins. Even Haye with his 'thing' for fighting Vitali is only bringing that win against Chisora now quite a long time back, and his past history which is sort past its used by date now.

Imagine if Haye had a recent win over Povetkin or Pulev, or even someone like Boytsov ... if Fury had a win over Boytsov ... boxing fans would be right behind those blokes demanding that fights with the brothers get made (on reasonable terms), and if not asking why not. (BTW I'm not saying here that Haye would beat P or P or Fury would beat B)
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #133
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostya by ko View Post
Imagine if Haye had a recent win over Povetkin or Pulev, or even someone like Boytsov ... if Fury had a win over Boytsov ...
Then Fury and Haye would be mandatory challengers and wouldn't have to whine about "low ball contracts" or "rematch clauses". Not really sure why Haye and Fury go down the route of fighting lower risk opposition instead of trying to become mandatory challengers.
madballster is online now  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #134
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Then Fury and Haye would be mandatory challengers and wouldn't have to whine about "low ball contracts" or "rematch clauses". Not really sure why Haye and Fury go down the route of fighting lower risk opposition instead of trying to become mandatory challengers.
You don't? Isn't it rather obvious?

But here's an interesting, related question: If Fury WERE to become a mandatory, who sets the financial terms THEN?

- And if Fury were to become the mandatory challenger, and still said no to the fight, would he suffer a penalty of any kind, either immediately or in the future?

Last edited by Cableaddict; 02-08-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #135
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Mate, agree with this 100%, especially re Haye. Haye is a quality fighter and has a lot of charisma as a personality ... but I wish he would just go away these days. If he is not going to retire then he should be doing what fighters do and make a statement about his ability in the ring, rather than thinking he's special and acting like a princess trying talk his way into another title fight.
kostya by ko is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum