Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Kevin Satchell v Luke Wilton

British and Commonwealth title fight on the undercard of the Price v Thompson fight feb 23rd. Really rate satchell but I have never seen wilton fight that I can remember, although he has a decent record with a fair few ko's, so it should be a decent scrap. Thoughts?
pikecubic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592
Default Re: Kevin Satchell v Luke Wilton

I like Satchell, he has 3 good wins in a row now and I think he'll win against Wilton too.

Not very deep the division though so its hard for him to progress.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
I like Satchell, he has 3 good wins in a row now and I think he'll win against Wilton too.

Not very deep the division though so its hard for him to progress.
Yeh judging by this wilton kids record I am expecting kev to win. If he does it looks like he might get a shot at the euro title. Maloney even talked about a world title shot by the end of the year, though I think hes getting ahead of himself.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wilton is decent little fighter, theres few of his fights up on youtube if you look around. I expect Satchell to beat him mid rounds but could be a little barn stormer while it does last. For me Satchell is the best prospect in the country. The jab he throws out is brutal and the weird angle means it is hard to stop.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Wilton is decent little fighter, theres few of his fights up on youtube if you look around. I expect Satchell to beat him mid rounds but could be a little barn stormer while it does last. For me Satchell is the best prospect in the country. The jab he throws out is brutal and the weird angle means it is hard to stop.
Just had a look at him then, he looks tidy enough, good fundamentals, seems to like to come forward which could play into satchells hands, mid round stoppage for satchell is prob a good shout.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think it will be difficult for Satchell to progress because of the lack of domestic depth in the division and lack of interest. Hopefully I am wrong because he is talented.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think it will be difficult for Satchell to progress because of the lack of domestic depth in the division and lack of interest. Hopefully I am wrong because he is talented.
I think maloney seems to be doing the right thing moving him on quickly, if he wins this fight as I expect there wont be anyone else out there on the domestic scene worth fighting, so im sure he will move on to a euro fight. I also think putting him on the price undercards gives him good exposure and generates interest in a division thats often overlooked.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikecubic View Post
I think maloney seems to be doing the right thing moving him on quickly, if he wins this fight as I expect there wont be anyone else out there on the domestic scene worth fighting, so im sure he will move on to a euro fight. I also think putting him on the price undercards gives him good exposure and generates interest in a division thats often overlooked.
He could fight Iain Butcher or Jason Cunningham to win the title outright, both are unbeaten.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He could fight Iain Butcher or Jason Cunningham to win the title outright, both are unbeaten.
True, although I think he would beat both of them comfortably. It depends how much he wants the title outright, and whether the two of them were willing to take the fight at this stage.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum