Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326
Default Prescott vs Cayo

I just read Breidis Prescott is fighting Victor Cayo. This is a great crossroads fight imo.

Prescott recently beat Frankie Figouroa, a talented guy and apparently he was robbed against McCloskey and he was a minute and a half from outpointing Alvarado. A rematch with either would be interesting if he beats Cayo.

And Cayo was performing well against Peterson and Maidana before he was stopped. The loss to Campbell is disapointing since Campbell has been shot for a few years now. He's still a solid fighter.

Who wins? What's next for the winner? If Prescott wins, as I expect he will, I'd like to see him against Mauricio Herrera, Humberto Soto, or maybe Chop Chop Corley.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 129
Default Re: Prescott vs Cayo

I made a thread on this a while back. Both have pleasing styles. I favor Prescott to win, and then I think he's going to target someone toward the bottom of the top 10 140 pounders. As long as his conditioning doesn't keep hampering him, he should stay there and try to work his way up.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326

I agree. Looks like a good mix of styles on paper, with Cayo throwing a lot of leather with looping, deceptively hard shots and Prescott focusing more on precision and power up the middle.

I think Prescott should link up with a better trainer maybe someone like Joe Goosen or John David Jackson, although there would be a language barrier in both cases. He has power, reasonable speed, places his shots very accurately, and his chin is solid. Unfortunately he needs to let his hands go more and he tends to gass and get discouraged.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Funny Man 7 View Post
I agree. Looks like a good mix of styles on paper, with Cayo throwing a lot of leather with looping, deceptively hard shots and Prescott focusing more on precision and power up the middle.

I think Prescott should link up with a better trainer maybe someone like Joe Goosen or John David Jackson, although there would be a language barrier in both cases. He has power, reasonable speed, places his shots very accurately, and his chin is solid. Unfortunately he needs to let his hands go more and he tends to gass and get discouraged.
Agreed on all points. He showed some great infighting against Alvarado but would do better to maintain range like he does so well.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum