Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171
Default German Newspaper exposes Klitschko's slave contracts

A few months ago, the very credible German newspaper "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" published an article about Bernd Bonte following Adam Booth's, Kalle Sauerland's and various other claims that K2 literally enslave their opponents with ludicrious demands. In order to shed light on who's lying and who's telling the truth, Sueddeutsche Zeitung got their hands on an actual K2 contract and analyzed if and how it exceeds common demands:

- Usually, if a champ offers a contender a voluntary defence, the champ gets to co-promote the coming three fights of the contender in case the contender wins. So the contender gets awarded the belt and has the liberty to stage a fight himself but is obliged to give his share to the former champ's promoter. That's the normal procedure. K2 however, demand that in case of defeat the contender has to fight the other brother immediatly afterwards and in the unlikely case of another win he has to rematch the first brother again.
- That's not all though. On top of obligatorily fighting both brothers three times (!) back to back, K2 demands that they stage your next three fights entirely. The new champ is not even allowed co-promotion. So most of the money goes to K2 while the new champ is basically still treated as a contender and earns significantly less compared to promoting the fight himself.
- Another difference to every other promoter is K2's fee policy. In case of missing a press conference, K2 charge hundreds of thousands of dollars as opposed to the usual sum of $10000-30000.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I wonder what excuses klittards will find for this. Sign a fight with K2 and you are their bitch for the next three fights. The outcome of the first fight is basically irrelevant as you'll have no chance to cash out on your title because the other brother waits right around the corner to fight you next.

This is a proper slave contract.
Faerun is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: German Newspaper exposes Klitschko's slave contracts

Boxers work in mysterious ways.

Suppose there is a town with just one male barber; and that every man in the town keeps himself clean-shaven: some by shaving themselves, some by attending the barber. It seems reasonable to imagine that the barber obeys the following rule: He shaves all and only those men in town who do not shave themselves.

Under this scenario, we can ask the following question: Does the barber shave himself?
Asking this, however, we discover that the situation presented is in fact impossible:

- If the barber does not shave himself, he must abide by the rule and shave himself.
- If he does shave himself, according to the rule he will not shave himself
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
A few months ago, the very credible German newspaper "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" published an article about Bernd Bonte following Adam Booth's, Kalle Sauerland's and various other claims that K2 literally enslave their opponents with ludicrious demands. In order to shed light on who's lying and who's telling the truth, Sueddeutsche Zeitung got their hands on an actual K2 contract and analyzed if and how it exceeds common demands:

- Usually, if a champ offers a contender a voluntary defence, the champ gets to co-promote the coming three fights of the contender in case the contender wins. So the contender gets awarded the belt and has the liberty to stage a fight himself but is obliged to give his share to the former champ's promoter. That's the normal procedure. K2 however, demand that in case of defeat the contender has to fight the other brother immediatly afterwards and in the unlikely case of another win he has to rematch the first brother again.
- That's not all though. On top of obligatorily fighting both brothers three times (!) back to back, K2 demands that they stage your next three fights entirely. The new champ is not even allowed co-promotion. So most of the money goes to K2 while the new champ is basically still treated as a contender and earns significantly less compared to promoting the fight himself.
- Another difference to every other promoter is K2's fee policy. In case of missing a press conference, K2 charge hundreds of thousands of dollars as opposed to the usual sum of $10000-30000.

I wonder what excuses klittards will find for this. Sign a fight with K2 and you are their bitch for the next three fights. The outcome of the first fight is basically irrelevant as you'll have no chance to cash out on your title because the other brother waits right around the corner to fight you next.

This is a proper slave contract.

Mandatory! Mandatory! Mandatory!
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Pretty much most if not all Klit opponents make record paydays when facing one of the brothers.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

its good to be king
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

No way in hell would I sign their contract.

Its a fkin joke and damages the sport
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Pretty much most if not all Klit opponents make record paydays when facing one of the brothers.
That's because most have a history of beating up bums in a more or less impressive fashion in order to then immeditaly step up big time to a Klit. Shit excuse frankly. Chisora made allegedly twice as much against Haye as he did vs. Vitali.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
No way in hell would I sign their contract.

Its a fkin joke and damages the sport
I'll alert The Bonte to the sad news.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

Keep the flow of excuses coming. I'd be ****ing devasted if a klittard actually stepped up and called an awfully blatant slave contract like this actually a slave contract. It would virtually ruin my picture of klittards.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Keep the flow of excuses coming. I'd be ****ing devasted if a klittard actually stepped up and called an awfully blatant slave contract like this actually a slave contract. It would virtually ruin my picture of klittards.

What do you actually mean by Klittard exactly? It seems you just throw that term of yours at anybody who's opinion you disagree with.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

alert him to this - wigsbuy.com has a sale on.
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

I guarantee Chef wil not enter this thread.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
What do you actually mean by Klittard exactly? It seems you just throw that term of yours at anybody who's opinion you disagree with.
Klitschko evangelists who are uncapable of rational thought and objectivity. If I understood your bullshit post correctly, you're okay with how K2 deal with voluntary defences because they're voluntary, are you? The fact that the level of unscupulousness in these demands is off the page, doesn't seem to bother you too much.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Good post

I think Povetkin mentioned something about the press conferences a while ago. He said that K2 could arrange a press conference at any time, in any place and if he didn't turn up, he'd either be fined or the fight would be off. That's an absurd amount of control. It's an unfair deal, without question. What is stopping K2 from manipulating those press conferences to make sure it's disrupts a fighters training pattern?

I was always a big fan of Wlad. People say I'm a liar when I say that, but anyone can check my post history and you'll find pages and pages of me defending Wlad. However, my opinion on him and his brother changed when I started to see what goes on behind the doors. Whilst they come across as nice people in front of the camera, behind it, they are ruthless and some of their practices are, in my opinion, completely wrong. It shouldn't be a legal contract, I don't think, and if they ever tried that shit on with Arum or Golden Boy, they would be in trouble.

People can say "fighters should work up to be a mandatory". That'd be a great idea, if the sanctioning bodies weren't in K2s pocket because of Vitali's political career. The WBC even made up a bullshit "Champion emeritus" clause in order to get Vitali his title back, not to mention how they allowed Vitali to cheat regarding ring size and didn't punish him or K2.

I have very little respect for K2 and their dealings. They are more corrupt than Top Rank, Golden Boy, Matchroom, Suaerland and many other companies. Their way of going about business is disgusting, and when fans wonder why they're treated to such shit fights, this is why.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

It's odd that the Klits didnt have slave contracts pre twinkle toe.

Post twinkle toe Klits are slave drivers.

And yet most Klit opponent made more in 1 fight against a brother than they probably did there entire career combined.

P.S twinkle toe had no problem signing a Saurland/King slave contract in order to get the nod over Valuev
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum