Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Santa Cruz vs Mares would be a fantastic battle.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #32
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
What exactly isnt he "that good" at?

He's a monster of the most dangerous type, well schooled, very strong, punches well inside and out, jabs very well, punches in combination very well, has a good engine, good whiskers! the lad is a special talent

To beat Santa Cruz you have to punch and box with him, the man to beat Santa Cruz is not Jamie McCdonnel, nor is it Anslemo Moreno IMHO, if Jamie McCodonnel fights Santa Cruz he may never recover from the hiding he gets
like i said,i don't think he is that good,you do,get over it love
he gets caught a ****ing hell of a lot,very easy,he fights with his face,but he is a decent boxer with good power,a good boxer with power would hurt him,like i said mc is not the one,he is a good boxer but punches like a little girl.
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #33
Bing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 334
vCash: 778
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Is there a fight of Santa Cruz you guys would recommend watched his last fight weren't that impressed tbh
Bing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #34
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
like i said,i don't think he is that good,you do,get over it love
he gets caught a ****ing hell of a lot,very easy,he fights with his face,but he is a decent boxer with good power,a good boxer with power would hurt him,like i said mc is not the one,he is a good boxer but punches like a little girl.
Oh wow, straight in hey!

By this comment : he is a good boxer but punches like a little girl. Im assuming youve sparred with him?
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #35
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
Is there a fight of Santa Cruz you guys would recommend watched his last fight weren't that impressed tbh
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #36
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Oh wow, straight in hey!

By this comment : he is a good boxer but punches like a little girl. Im assuming youve sparred with him?
don't be a ****ing **** head,if i had sparred with jamie mc,i would say so,he would be a tad light though for me,im a tad heavier .
watch his fights,he is not a big puncher,can you not tell ?
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
don't be a ****ing **** head,if i had sparred with jamie mc,i would say so,he would be a tad light though for me,im a tad heavier .
watch his fights,he is not a big puncher,can you not tell ?
If I was making bold comments about somebody I had never seen fight then that would me being a **** head no?

And I'll do what the **** I like!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #38
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,388
vCash: 36829
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinamita85 View Post
Santa Cruz by a royal spanking, i like mcdonnell but Santa Cruz looks pretty special, between his immense body punching and workrate he will be a handful for anyone
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #39
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 121,388
vCash: 36829
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
fighters get slated for not stepping up to the plate and fighting bums, but as soon as a fighter like McDonnel or Rees, both of whom have earned world title shots, try to take on a top level fighter everybody slates them.
There's a difference between slating and thinking "Oh my, lad is ****ed..."

It's about levels.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #40
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
Is there a fight of Santa Cruz you guys would recommend watched his last fight weren't that impressed tbh
The most impressive performance from Santa Cruz was against Morel, I think. He was excellent that night, and the beating he dished out couldn't have been to a more deserving cunt.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #41
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I honestly think in 12 months Santa Cruz beats Mares in a beatdown

Donaire would hit Santa Cruz flush and accuratley while Santa Cruz was coming in, a lot! I'd fancy Donaire at this stage to take him out. Santa Cruz is tailor made for him
Nah, I don't see it. Mares does a lot of things which Santa Cruz would struggle with well and has too much variation to be beaten by him in my opinion.

It would, however, be a fantastic fight to watch.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #42
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ,burnleylancashire
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
If I was making bold comments about somebody I had never seen fight then that would me being a **** head no?

And I'll do what the **** I like!
I acually dont know what your on about love are you saying ive never seen either fight
Anyway stop being a mardarse ,im not taken on cruz he is good but not that good,get over it
Oh and p ****ing s, santa cruz is my kinda fighter, love his style
widdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #43
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
I acually dont know what your on about love are you saying ive never seen either fight
Anyway stop being a mardarse ,im not taken on cruz he is good but not that good,get over it
Oh and p ****ing s, santa cruz is my kinda fighter, love his style
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #44
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jamie Mcdonnel vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Nah, I don't see it. Mares does a lot of things which Santa Cruz would struggle with well and has too much variation to be beaten by him in my opinion.

It would, however, be a fantastic fight to watch.
Mares Santa Cruz = Barrera Morales
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013