Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

that what it sounds like to me...

BORKED

go to to 33:05 - 33:40

the shaking his head no at 33:28 seems pretty clear.

I am not even sure that he was really "knocked" out in the 8th, as much as he just got hit hard and decided "**** it".
Johnstown is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
that what it sounds like to me...

BORKED

go to to 33:05 - 33:40

the shaking his head no at 33:28 seems pretty clear.

I am not even sure that he was really "knocked" out in the 8th, as much as he just got hit hard and decided "**** it".
I don't know that he was asking them, please stop it, but I do think he was telling them he didn't have it, and that he was helpless in there.

And I agree about the KO. He picked his moment to lie down, he'd had enough, and taken a giant-sized beating. He was up too fast afterwards, acting like he was fine.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Nonpareil

Default Re: Tyson v Lewis....was Tyson asking his corner to stop it at the end of round 7?

He was absolutely telling his corner he'd had enough, and the pricks sent him back out there. That moment is my most vivid memory of the fight. Horrible, horrible stuff.
Nonpareil is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Took his beating like a man, proves the theory that he had no heart or quit to bed!
banny is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Of course, Tyson was not the Tyson of legends but the Tyson fighting for money. We should try not to remember him for this just as we don't remember Louis and Ali for their downfalls/ends.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Never seen Manny shouting in the corner like that
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I'm sure he did have enough but he has his first moment in round 8 to quit and he didn't. Showed tremendous heart to keep taking the beating. I'm pretty sure he could have gotten up after the 2nd Kd but what was the point?
Saltzy is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

If I was Mike I should the hell would have!
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

when the retard is saying "just let your hands go" tyson is shaking his hands saying he can't..i dont think he really asked to quit but was likely hoping his corner would have heart and pull the plug
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson was in no shape or form going to win this fight, sad but true he looked like crap, still IMO won the first round but I am convinced one would insert a Berbick/Holmes/ Spinks Tyson in here Lewis is going down and stays down.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
Tyson was in no shape or form going to win this fight, sad but true he looked like crap, still IMO won the first round but I am convinced one would insert a Berbick/Holmes/ Spinks Tyson in here Lewis is going down and stays down.
He won the first round on the cards...and he had that leaping hook that looked like it caught Lewis, and Lewis was backpeddling..however if you watch it in slow motion that big shot missed. However, Lewis did hit him with a uppercut coming in..which Tyson later said had him out on his feet that first round.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #12
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Mike had been even remotely in shape he could've won

He still had power and Lewis still had his glass jaw ... but he didn't even give himself a "punchers chance" in there
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He won the first round on the cards...and he had that leaping hook that looked like it caught Lewis, and Lewis was backpeddling..however if you watch it in slow motion that big shot missed. However, Lewis did hit him with a uppercut coming in..which Tyson later said had him out on his feet that first round.
The first round was an illusion, and it doesn't stand to scrutiny. An aggressive Tyson and a patient Lewis, but Lennox landed the only meaningful punch and damn near ended the fight in a single shot.

Tyson had no hope. His opponent was too big, too good, and he couldn't pull the trigger.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #14
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
The first round was an illusion, and it doesn't stand to scrutiny. An aggressive Tyson and a patient Lewis, but Lennox landed the only meaningful punch and damn near ended the fight in a single shot.

Tyson had no hope. His opponent was too big, too good, and he couldn't pull the trigger.
I agree..and if you watch that round close (one slow mo) the hook that everyone got excited about missed. Missed by a hair...but still missed.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #15
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree..and if you watch that round close (one slow mo) the hook that everyone got excited about missed. Missed by a hair...but still missed.
Agreed, 100% understandable to score that round for Tyson real time, but with the benefit of hindsight and technology, 100% certain that it was Lewis who won the round.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum