boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Dowling85

vCash: 500
Default Burns v Harrison.

Alex Morrison is planning to stage a summer showdown between world lightweight champion Ricky Burns and ex featherweight king Scott Harrison.

Morrison said:"this is the fight i want to make happen."
I looked at several venues before deciding to provisionally book the Chris Hoy velodrome.
"Scott has been working hard in training and i had thought of featuring him on my show at the gorbels."But while he is ready to fight again,he wanted something better and they dont come bigger than a world title fight.
"If ricky come through what will be a tough fight against Vazquez and scott continues to progress Burns - Harrison will happen.

That was in todays paper.I think it will be a shut out or late stoppage for Ricky.
What do you lot think.
Dowling85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Burns v Harrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowling85 View Post
Alex Morrison is planning to stage a summer showdown between world lightweight champion Ricky Burns and ex featherweight king Scott Harrison.

Morrison said:"this is the fight i want to make happen."
I looked at several venues before deciding to provisionally book the Chris Hoy velodrome.
"Scott has been working hard in training and i had thought of featuring him on my show at the gorbels."But while he is ready to fight again,he wanted something better and they dont come bigger than a world title fight.
"If ricky come through what will be a tough fight against Vazquez and scott continues to progress Burns - Harrison will happen.

That was in todays paper.I think it will be a shut out or late stoppage for Ricky.
What do you lot think.
Came from jim black, so quite creadble ...am i surprised ? No cause it will make money and put bums on seats .
alba is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

no surprise whatsoever
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

**** fight, burns will beat him easily
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Smh
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
stevebhoy87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's a terrible fight, but one that will make good money so you can never rule the possibility out totally for that reason alone. The fact the Emirates Arena is being mentioned makes me doubtful though, don't think the arena is big enough
stevebhoy87 is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought Harrison had been re-arrested for assaulting his gf while drunk or something?

Will he even get a license?
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Alex Morrison can **** right off. What is the point of this fight apart from lining his own pockets. If this is true it shows how little he cares about Ricky Burns' career. If Ricky beats vasquez he should be fight Broner/Abril or at the very least a top ten fighter not the waste of oxegen that is Harrison.

The sad thing is your right alba, this will sell in Glasgow as there are more than enough neds and wannabe gangsters there that have no moral objection to giving money to this scumbag Harrison.
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
MarvellousMerv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
Came from jim black, so quite creadble ...am i surprised ? No cause it will make money and put bums on seats .

And one in the ring too....
MarvellousMerv is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Appaling fight if it's actually made. Classic FW it will be if done. Defended Ricky Burns on here a lot to the Broner lovers but if he agrees to this though he might as well just vacate his title, hand it over to Broner and retire.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's really a disgrace that his manager is even discussing his next fight given he has a unification coming up. It was always likely to be the case that he has a couple of easy fights after every decent match up, if he manages to beat Vazquez it'll be Harrison probably followed by John Murray if we're lucky.

The Broner fight seems pretty unrealistic now!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #12
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

To give Morrison the benefit of the doubt, it might be a ploy to make the Broner figth happen ,think about it if they both come through there next fight (Burns/Broner) if there already talking about burns next fight it might make GBP move quicker with an offer . I know they knocked it back before anyone jumps in,but they stated he didnt have enough time etc ... who knows it might be a small part of a bigger picture. Alex is a an effective manager/promotor to have got Burns into the title postion twice

Last edited by alba; 02-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.
alba is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
GJM
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 295

I don't agree with it, but it does make sense.

The Harrison fight sells better now than after a defeat to Broner (not saying that's a given, but it's obviously a tough fight).

If Burns gets through Vaszquez, financially he should look to cash in on Harrison and then go after Broner. There's clearly a massive risk Harrison could go off the rails in the next 12 months so taking an easy payday while it's there is common sense. Add to that Broner's now a HBO headline fighter and he'l only be out twice a year so it's possible to do all 3 this year.

Objectively if Burns fought Vasquez (legacy), Harrison (payday) and Broner (legacy & payday) in 2013 it'd be harsh to criticise.
GJM is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
To give Morrison the benefit of the doubt, it might be a ploy to make the Broner figth happen ,think about it if they both come through there next fight (Burns/Broner) if there already talking about burns next fight it might make GBP move quicker with an offer . I know they knocked it back before anyone jumps in,but they stated he didnt have enough time etc ... who knows it might be a small part of a bigger picture.

I think the only thing Broner and Golden Boy will be doing with this fight being mentioned is ****ing themselves , can't see how it would help negotiations at all. Doubt they'll even know who Scotty is.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
phonk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Fan of Burns and was also a fan of Harrison before his troubles BUT if this does come to fruition then every single person involved can get ****ed.
phonk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum