Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami FL, USA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 153
Default Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

who wins this fight?
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Wlad would slaughter him.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 238
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Baer has the punch to take Wlad out, although it's not easy and he's a horrible technician. Today's Wlad knows how to survive and fight a puncher. Wlad has the advantage in every single caterogy except for chin. He has far, far more speed, skill, better footwork, jab, fluidity and punch delivery which will be the determining factor here.

Wlad by TKO or UD.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Wlad by TKO
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Wlad by KO
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #6
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Grand Tour
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Baer, behind most of the fight, unleashes a rocket right in the 11th round. At this point, Wlad's lack of great stamina catches up to him.

Baer TKO-11
Rattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Grand Tour
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim
Well in his last fight which went the distance Wlad showed some good stamina. I think that isnīt that big of a problem anymore.
Last fight.... one fight.

The M.O. is still weak stamina, until he proves it over multiple fights.
Rattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Grand Tour
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim
Well if his opponents would last that long ..

Imo the last fight says more than fights which were soem years ago.
In most cases, yes.

Not yet, in this case, IMO.

Need more proof.
Rattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 238
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Last fight.... one fight.

The M.O. is still weak stamina, until he proves it over multiple fights.
He had no stamina problems in the McCline fight (10th round TKO), Byrd fights (12 rounds with 2 late round KD's and 7th round TKO), the Peter fight (staggered Peter in the 12th and stayed off the ropes for 12 rounds), the Botha fight (8 round TKO), Brock fight (7th round TKO), Mercer fight (74 punches a round, 6th round TKO), Schulz (TKO.

That's more than 1 fight.

He had trouble pacing early in his career against Purrity, but let's be honest here, do you hold Baer's early losses against McCarthy, Abbot, Kennedy and Risko that much against him? He was still learning on the job as was Wlad.

The Brewster fight i'll give you that, and i was kind of suprised because he threw 50% more punches per round over 6 rounds against Mercer without any stamina problem whatsoever. Good chance the Brewster loss will probably avenged within a few weeks.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Grand Tour
Posts: 2,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
He had no stamina problems in the McCline fight (10th round TKO), Byrd fights (12 rounds with 2 late round KD's and 7th round TKO), the Peter fight (staggered Peter in the 12th and stayed off the ropes for 12 rounds), the Botha fight (8 round TKO), Brock fight (7th round TKO), Mercer fight (74 punches a round, 6th round TKO), Schulz (TKO.

That's more than 1 fight.

He had trouble pacing early in his career against Purrity, but let's be honest here, do you hold Baer's early losses against McCarthy, Abbot, Kennedy and Risko that much against him? He was still learning on the job as was Wlad.

The Brewster fight i'll give you that, and i was kind of suprised because he threw 50% more punches per round over 6 rounds against Mercer without any stamina problem whatsoever. Good chance the Brewster loss will probably avenged within a few weeks.
None of those fighters were good enough to challenge Klitschko like Baer could, for extended rounds. Byrd... was no threat, so going 12 rounds with him if you don't knock him out, is mandatory. The rest of them, were too stylistically easy for Wlad to deal with - therefore he didn't have to succumb to trying to outwork an opponent to get a victory.
Rattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,102
vCash: 588
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Baer, behind most of the fight, unleashes a rocket right in the 11th round. At this point, Wlad's lack of great stamina catches up to him.

Baer TKO-11
I'm inclined to agree with this. Baer had one of the best chins EVER in the HW division, and was one of the hardest hitters. And for those who think size would be an issue, look at what Baer did to Primo Carnera - imo, that's quite similar to what he'd do to Wlad.
Zakman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 238
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
None of those fighters were good enough to challenge Klitschko like Baer could, for extended rounds. Byrd... was no threat, so going 12 rounds with him if you don't knock him out, is mandatory. The rest of them, were too stylistically easy for Wlad to deal with - therefore he didn't have to succumb to trying to outwork an opponent to get a victory.
I see, so retaining his punching power late in all those fights doesn't account to anything because it was stylistically easy in ALL of those fights?

And how is Bear stylistically so easy? He doesn't exactly put on much pressure, he'll be easily outboxed which means Wlad can take a rest whenever he wants while being ahead on points, not to mention Baer has a tendency to clown which easies things up more.

If Wlad really goes for the knockout then i can see the scenario which you painted unfold, but otherwise, i think he'll box safely and only go in for the kill it's there.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
None of those fighters were good enough to challenge Klitschko like Baer could, for extended rounds. Byrd... was no threat, so going 12 rounds with him if you don't knock him out, is mandatory. The rest of them, were too stylistically easy for Wlad to deal with - therefore he didn't have to succumb to trying to outwork an opponent to get a victory.
Peter and Mercer both present a bigger threat to Wlad than Baer would. I'm not just saying that because both would beat baer either. Stylistically, they are bigger threats. Baer is far too open for a fight with a great one-two, like Wlad.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
Scorpion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

The one who lands his right first wins.
Scorpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami FL, USA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 153
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko v.s Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
The one who lands his right first wins.
i don't think so, baer has a great chin, if klitschko lands a powerful hand he will not KO max baer, but if max lands 1 or 2 right powerful hands, good night mr steelhammer.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013