Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #91
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: So sergio gets a free pass ??? why exactly

Its definitely not the worst era in the divisions history, 10 years ago the middleweight division was really poor, B-Hop aside. Sergio gets a pass against Murray because he's already fought a difficulty fight against Chavez last time out. Really hope he fights the likes of Quillin, Golovkin, Geale or Pirog next though. Times running out for sergio, give it two years and he'll be gone.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #92
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
Not sure if you're laughing because you think 154 is better than 160 or not.

However,160 is better...noticably.

You have Mayweather who isnt even a big WW who is considered the best in the division.

Alvarez,who is widely hated in ESB because everyone says he hasnt fought anybody.

Trout who seems like a solid fighter.

Bundrage, Molina,Lara, Kirkland....yeah...way more impressive than middleweight...
irishny is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #93
Lunny

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
This punk went off on how jr was a coward blah blah blah...and now he's gonna fight a guy not even in the top 10
I think people are being ok with it because the level of opposition he's beat in the past few years.

Williams X2, Pavlik, JCC Jr are/were all top middleweights. Macklin is up there in the top 10 too. Barker was undefeated and is a decent fighter and Dzinziruk was an undefeated champ at the time.

I fully believe that in 2013 he'll fight at least one of the big names that's come up in the past year or 2.

But yeah, the Murray fight is a bit shit and he'll show Murray up as being 1 dimensional quite badly imo. Previous Brits, Macklin and Barker both had some success because they're both quite smart, can adapt, are good fighters and had decent gameplans. Murray? Naaaaaaaaaaah, don't rate him so much.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #94
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny View Post
I think people are being ok with it because the level of opposition he's beat in the past few years.

Williams X2, Pavlik, JCC Jr are/were all top middleweights. Macklin is up there in the top 10 too. Barker was undefeated and is a decent fighter and Dzinziruk was an undefeated champ at the time.

I fully believe that in 2013 he'll fight at least one of the big names that's come up in the past year or 2.

But yeah, the Murray fight is a bit shit and he'll show Murray up as being 1 dimensional quite badly imo. Previous Brits, Macklin and Barker both had some success because they're both quite smart, can adapt, are good fighters and had decent gameplans. Murray? Naaaaaaaaaaah, don't rate him so much.
Williams best days were at Welter

Shot recovering Alcoholic Pavlik he lucked out and got a fluke cut after he was on the ropes and fading, and uninspired b class at best tree smoking, training in his living room Chavez who refused to let his hands go for 10 rounds landed 178 punches and 46% of his shots on Sergio, had Sergio rolling on the mat, knee blew out from chicken dancing and all

Serg aint shit, point blank period, when is he gonna step up or move down and face the real competiton
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #95
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post

Shot recovering Alcoholic Pavlik he lucked out and got a fluke cut after he was on the ropes and fading, and uninspired b class at best tree smoking, training in his living room Chavez who refused to let his hands go for 10 rounds landed 178 punches and 46% of his shots on Sergio, had Sergio rolling on the mat, knee blew out from chicken dancing and all

Serg aint shit, point blank period, when is he gonna step up or move down and face the real competiton
If he did what you wanted him to do,you'd find a reason to belittle it too.

If he beat Mayweather at 154, you'd say "Floyds best work was at 135!"

If he beat Canelo at 154, you'd say "Canelo never fought anyone, he was a hypejob"

If he beat Trout at 154,you'd say "All trout ever did was beat Cotto, who was a washed up WW"

He beats Golovkin,you'd say "Golovkisn best win was over Proksa, he was a hypejob too"

You would,wouldnt you?

Why else would you belittle his wins over Williams and Pavlik? Fights most people thought he'd lose at the time?
irishny is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #96
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
If he did what you wanted him to do,you'd find a reason to belittle it too.

If he beat Mayweather at 154, you'd say "Floyds best work was at 135!"

If he beat Canelo at 154, you'd say "Canelo never fought anyone, he was a hypejob"

If he beat Trout at 154,you'd say "All trout ever did was beat Cotto, who was a washed up WW"

He beats Golovkin,you'd say "Golovkisn best win was over Proksa, he was a hypejob too"

You would,wouldnt you?

Why else would you belittle his wins over Williams and Pavlik? Fights most people thought he'd lose at the time?
Beat Floyd???????????????

A dude who couldn't beat and got brutally ko'ed by Margarito, and couldn't even mention his name regarding a rematch until Pacquaio messed up his eye, yeah right try again.

Instead of making excuses about this person and that person why don't yall express why the Murray match is a great match and not a duck, when he's avoiding the best in his division and pump faking like he's really willing to fight in the loaded 154 division, i'll wait.......................................
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #97
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

Paul Williams was a huge welterweight and was probably best served moving up to 154. Great win for Martinez.

The Pavlik win was suspect. Kelly has never recovered emotionally from the Hopkins fight -a shutout loss- and was still in Sergio's ass until his face was busted up. 40 year-old Hopkins had a better performance.

The Chavez win was a good one, though he did get put on his ass late in the fight.

Overall, I have no problems with Serg's reign at 160. He's done pretty much all we can expect from an old fighter who was never considered an ATG. My only problem is with him calling out smaller fighters for big paydays.

But didn't Hop do the same thing with DLH, Mosley, and Trinidad, making fights with two of them?
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #98
Lunny

vCash:

Quote:

Here we go

You can do that with literally anyone's record. You can name any guy and then go through his opponents making excuses why each one is shit.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #99
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:

A dude who couldn't beat and got brutally ko'ed by Margarito, and couldn't even mention his name regarding a rematch until Pacquaio messed up his eye, yeah right try again.

Instead of making excuses about this person and that person why don't yall express why the Murray match is a great match and not a duck, when he's avoiding the best in his division and pump faking like he's really willing to fight in the loaded 154 division, i'll wait.......................................

What a Flomo! Why don't you tell us how Floyd beats Martinez, Williams, Margarito and Pac all on fantasy fights?

Andy while you are it, can you please explain how and why Alexander or Guerrero are the best options for Mayweather? LMAOL...oh thats right Guerrero came off an impresive win over Berto (who happened to get his shit pushed in by Ortiz, whom Ortiz happened to quit against a not even ranked 140lbs) Or Alexander who came off an impresive win over Randal ****ing Bailey LMAOL!!!
str1 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #100
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

I think this fight is fine good opponent after a surgery

Hopefully its Geale, Golovkin, Quillen next

also he is getting pretty old now
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #101
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
What a Flomo! Why don't you tell us how Floyd beats Martinez, Williams, Margarito and Pac all on fantasy fights?
Tell me more about how Martinez was fighting someone with a record of 3-35 on his 40th fight

How he's calling out Welterweights and dodging GGG/Pirog/Ward
MVC is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #102
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I assume if you feel this badly about Martinez fighting Murray whois undefeated and is aruguably a top 10 fighter atb 160, you must be absolutely LIVID about Golovkin fighting a guy who isnt even top 20 in the division below?
irishny is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #103
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
Paul Williams was a huge welterweight and was probably best served moving up to 154. Great win for Martinez.

The Pavlik win was suspect. Kelly has never recovered emotionally from the Hopkins fight -a shutout loss- and was still in Sergio's ass until his face was busted up. 40 year-old Hopkins had a better performance.

The Chavez win was a good one, though he did get put on his ass late in the fight.

Overall, I have no problems with Serg's reign at 160. He's done pretty much all we can expect from an old fighter who was never considered an ATG. My only problem is with him calling out smaller fighters for big paydays.

But didn't Hop do the same thing with DLH, Mosley, and Trinidad, making fights with two of them?
Just because a fighter is big or tall, doesn't mean thats not their natural class. Is people supposed to ignore P Williams barely being able to crack a egg at 154 and above( besides Phillips and china chin Martinez), not to mention his shaky at times punch resistance.

Bhop had the heart to move down or move up when needed, and ODH and Tito held titles at MW. Answer this question besides Roy who wasn't in his division what fight at 160 did BHOP avoid in his run???????????????

The top dogs have been chasing Martinez for years and nothing but excuses
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #104
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
I assume if you feel this badly about Martinez fighting Murray whois undefeated and is aruguably a top 10 fighter atb 160, you must be absolutely LIVID about Golovkin fighting a guy who isnt even top 20 in the division below?
He's a safe Euro Bum, don't come to me with rankings in a weak MW division

And Honestly I think GGG aint shit, he got whipped by Sugar Shot Mosley in Sparring, does that give the right for Sergio to duck him and use "I dont hear Pacquaio or Cotto being asked about GGG" to support, his ducking, and act like we are supposed to cheer and stand behind continue his Euro bum tour
Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #105
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Tell me more about how Martinez was fighting someone with a record of 3-35 on his 40th fight

How he's calling out Welterweights and dodging GGG/Pirog/Ward

Didn't they answer that question already? Reading and comprehension aren't one of your strong points.
str1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum