Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
melo9100
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2165
Default Re: A hypothetical fight. Floyd Mayweather vs. Paul Williams

147 Pwill whoops Floyds ass. 147 Pwill was not wreckless. And pressured behind his jab. People are really showing their ignorance in this thread. The shoulder roll doesnt work against southpdaws. Especialy one that throws 100 punches a round. Who's 6'2, with an 82 inch reach. If you think Floyd didnt like Oscars jab, putting his lead hand down against Pwill is suicide. Floyd would have no choice but to high guard and actualy fight Pwill. And Floyd didnt have the power to make Paul flinch. We all know Paul is an animal. He's not going to stop coming unless you knock him out. To the guy that said Floyd would use the stick jab to the stomach against Paul, LMAO!!! So he's going to jump in face first on a guy with an 82 inch reach? Not to mention the guy is a southpaw. So your jumping in on his power hand. Floyd tried that with Judah and got dropped. lol
melo9100 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #32
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Paul would probably block everything Floyd threw at him with his face, and end up Corrales'd.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Paul would probably block everything Floyd threw at him with his face, and end up Corrales'd.
This is the same guy that with toe to toe with a much stronger Margarito and Martinez. Floyd's power at welter is considered weak but I'd say it's average yet he'd drop a great chinned Williams 5 times like Corrales?
941Jeremy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
PowerBack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Williams was impressive physically and had a lot of heart, he wouldn't back down and he would give his best no doubt.. But skill wise Floyd is way ahead of him, he may trouble Mayweather from time to time with his size and workrate, but in the end he is just not skilled enough to beat Mayweather.
PowerBack is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #35
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 941Jeremy View Post
This is the same guy that with toe to toe with a much stronger Margarito and Martinez. Floyd's power at welter is considered weak but I'd say it's average yet he'd drop a great chinned Williams 5 times like Corrales?
Martinez dropped him with a rather crude right hook in their first outing.

Floyd would hit him so much so that eventually it'd have to have an effect.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Martinez dropped him with a rather crude right hook in their first outing.

Floyd would hit him so much so that eventually it'd have to have an effect.
I see...
Old 02-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #37
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Williams would give Floyd a tough fight, always believed this... However Williams also blocks punches with his face and isn't exactly a huge puncher.. I think he may takes some rounds due to sheer activity in the beginning, but Floyd gets in his groove after tasting Paul's power and speed and from then on doesn't have a hard time landing on him... Williams didn't fight with his height like he should have, this will also play into Floyd's hands. Competitive but clear decision I think, but would have loved to see this fight play out. Huge fan of both.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
Williams would give Floyd a tough fight, always believed this... However Williams also blocks punches with his face and isn't exactly a huge puncher.. I think he may takes some rounds due to sheer activity in the beginning, but Floyd gets in his groove after tasting Paul's power and speed and from then on doesn't have a hard time landing on him... Williams didn't fight with his height like he should have, this will also play into Floyd's hands. Competitive but clear decision I think, but would have loved to see this fight play out. Huge fan of both.
I see something similar to this playing out tbh. People underestimate Floyd's ability to drastically alter opponent's game plans. Floyd somehow gets his opponents to reduce their workrate to his workrate... 30-40 punches a round.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
I see something similar to this playing out tbh. People underestimate Floyd's ability to drastically alter opponent's game plans. Floyd somehow gets his opponents to reduce their workrate to his workrate... 30-40 punches a round.
Well the one thing we know about Williams is that he's going to throw a shitload of punches this is his plan a,b,c and z. He will throw even if he's only landing 15% of them. Floyd would have to shoulder roll at least 800 punches but most likely 1000+.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 235

Have you seen the Lara fight against Williams?

Think of that fight and the imagine the winner acually winning the fight even more convincingly and still getting the win. That's what would have happen.
Ahurath is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #41
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by 941Jeremy View Post
Well the one thing we know about Williams is that he's going to throw a shitload of punches this is his plan a,b,c and z. He will throw even if he's only landing 15% of them. Floyd would have to shoulder roll at least 800 punches but most likely 1000+.
I think now that Floyd is fighting a bit more stationary Paul would pose more problems.. A few years ago when Floyd was moving around more I see Paul chasing and getting tagged coming in, since he doesn't use his height properly. This would eventually lower his output.. Floyd would have to slip and block a lot more now, giving Paul more chances to land and more influence on the judges who score for 'aggression'. Floyd would have to clearly land the better counters, while showing he's effectively blocking/avoiding majority of Paul's 'punishment'.

Paul was a special case with his size and activity, sad what happened to him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #42
941Jeremy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahurath View Post
Have you seen the Lara fight against Williams?

Think of that fight and the imagine the winner acually winning the fight even more convincingly and still getting the win. That's what would have happen.
Yes I have seen that fight. The only difference is, Lara is a southpaw Williams for some reason could never avoid big left hands. But I know Floyd is the best at ad******g so he will fight as a southpaw then do this all night.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah Floyd only fights Williams, Pac, Martinez and Margarito on Fantasy fights. And guess what? He never loses either so there is no reason to fight them. Also these fantasy fighters all lost before. Did the OP know that Mayweather never fights left overs and only fights undefeated fighters?
str1 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #44
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

50/50 fight for me. I would bet on Williams by SD, though surely if it's close the judges will give it to Mayweather. This is exactly the type of opponent that has the tools to beat someone in Mayweather's style. Someone that is aggressive, over-active and can fight ugly if necessary by smothering Mayweather, pushing, punching everywhere he could and continue pressing the attack. This is the only way to seriously trouble Mayweather's style and force him out of his rhythm.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #45
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by str1 View Post
Yeah Floyd only fights Williams, Pac, Martinez and Margarito on Fantasy fights. And guess what? He never loses either so there is no reason to fight them. Also these fantasy fighters all lost before. Did the OP know that Mayweather never fights left overs and only fights undefeated fighters?
Oh dear, another nutcase with the "leftover" theory. Let's take a look at Pacquiao's 140+ opposition!

DLH - Mayweather "leftover"
Mosley - Mayweather "leftover"
Marquez - Mayweather "leftover"
Cotto - Concreto "leftover"
Clottey - Cotto "leftover"
Hatton - Mayweather "leftover"

Have fun.
Scar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum